Waist trainers

does anyone have any experience with the new waist trainers to help increase core strength and shape/ sculpt your waist?

Replies

• BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    I'd like to hear more about these also.
  • rachel_elizabeth
    rachel_elizabeth Posts: 2 Member
    I've been doing a lot of research on these and it seems like there are lots of opinions but few facts. Many of the fitness trainers say it prohibits core streangth because it's doing the work for you. I have no idea so I make sure to do some extra core work without it on. I've only had mine for a few weeks, so far I prefere to run/walk/bike in it and do the rest of my exercises without it.
    Have you tried one out yet?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Your abs are very small muscles in a relative sense. I think focusing on the bigger picture is a better use of time. If you have excess body fat, you’re not going to see the work that went into building stronger and bigger core muscles.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Loading your 'core' increases core strength. Wrapping expensive products around it does not.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    monzz13 wrote: »
    does anyone have any experience with the new waist trainers to help increase core strength and shape/ sculpt your waist?
    It DOESN'T increase core strength. In fact wearing it reduces your own muscle tension to keep your core tight thereby weakening the muscle. And you can't "sculpt" your waist wearing a corset. You can squeeze fat into a space and it will hold for awhile, but take off the corset and it will release and fall back into place.
    Think about breasts. Wearing a bra doesn't shape them better nor give your chest more strength.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    No.