Foods that fill me up??

Some days I am extremely full & others I am always hungry.. Is it maybe the food I am eating?

Replies

• pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    I try to leave enough room for a serving of black beans when that happens, hehe
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    I try to leave enough room for a serving of black beans when that happens, hehe

I will try that tomorrow! Thank you!!!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    I don't know if this is your problem, but sometimes when I'm having a "hungry day" (which happens sometimes!), it's because I'm actually dehydrated. If I drink enough then I start to feel more full. I tend to forget to drink a proper amount, though. Most people seem to self-regulate better than me.
  • misssmadalyn
    alfiedn wrote: »
    I don't know if this is your problem, but sometimes when I'm having a "hungry day" (which happens sometimes!), it's because I'm actually dehydrated. If I drink enough then I start to feel more full. I tend to forget to drink a proper amount, though. Most people seem to self-regulate better than me.
    I never thought of that! I tend to drink more water when I work & im off on weekends! Thank you.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    I got used to eating tons of veggies with either a chicken breast or some fish. It is unbelievable how little calories a whole broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, cauliflower...have. You can stuff yourself and easily stay under 200 calories.mit took me some time to get used to it, but now I have two really low calories days per week, to make up for some of my sins...
  • misssmadalyn
    SKME2013 wrote: »
    I got used to eating tons of veggies with either a chicken breast or some fish. It is unbelievable how little calories a whole broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, cauliflower...have. You can stuff yourself and easily stay under 200 calories.mit took me some time to get used to it, but now I have two really low calories days per week, to make up for some of my sins...
    Okay! Awesome thank you!
    I had a salad today with my turkey burger.. I love dressing so I bought a cilantro dressing it's only 25 calories for 2 tbsp & it taste amazing!

• SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Turkey burger...with or without the bread?
  • misssmadalyn
    SKME2013 wrote: »
    Turkey burger...with or without the bread?
    Without bread.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    I second the dehydration thing. If I find myself super hungry I drink 16-24oz of water and re-evaluate. If I'm still hungry it's usually because I haven't eaten enough protein that day. So maybe try having some high protein snacks on hand: a cup of beans with a tablespoon of salsa, boiled egg, some diced chicken, string cheese, handful of nuts. Raw or steamed veggies are very filling too.
  • misssmadalyn
    I second the dehydration thing. If I find myself super hungry I drink 16-24oz of water and re-evaluate. If I'm still hungry it's usually because I haven't eaten enough protein that day. So maybe try having some high protein snacks on hand: a cup of beans with a tablespoon of salsa, boiled egg, some diced chicken, string cheese, handful of nuts. Raw or steamed veggies are very filling too.
    Thank you :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Some days I am extremely full & others I am always hungry.. Is it maybe the food I am eating?

Yes, some foods will fill you up and others will leave you wanting more. This is when you have to rely on logging your calories. On days when I eat junk food, I can easily eat 1.5k calories from KFC and still want more food. But when I am eating home cooked or something a bit light, I actual feel satisfied and full.

I would suggest you mix things up too. Meaning, don't try to go "low carb" diet. On days when all I eat is protein, I will feel full but I feel like craving for other things (CARBS!!!). On the other hand, when I eat only salad, I will feel hungry still. Need to have a bit of everything. That includes eating a bit of junk food too btw. Always allow about 20% of your calories to be from junk food.
  • misssmadalyn
    taunto wrote: »

Yes, some foods will fill you up and others will leave you wanting more. This is when you have to rely on logging your calories. On days when I eat junk food, I can easily eat 1.5k calories from KFC and still want more food. But when I am eating home cooked or something a bit light, I actual feel satisfied and full.

I would suggest you mix things up too. Meaning, don't try to go "low carb" diet. On days when all I eat is protein, I will feel full but I feel like craving for other things (CARBS!!!). On the other hand, when I eat only salad, I will feel hungry still. Need to have a bit of everything. That includes eating a bit of junk food too btw. Always allow about 20% of your calories to be from junk food.

Very helpful, thank you!
  • kayakqueen53
    kayakqueen53 Posts: 22 Member
    When I have a snack, I try to have something that has more volume. For instance, 1 c. nonfat cottage is more than a piece of string cheese. A cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt is more than 1 egg. For afternoon snack I sometimes add a cup of fresh blueberries to a c. of nonfat cottage or yogurt. That's 2 c. of food!
  • misssmadalyn
    taunto wrote: »

Very helpful, thank you!
  • misssmadalyn
    When I have a snack, I try to have something that has more volume. For instance, 1 c. nonfat cottage is more than a piece of string cheese. A cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt is more than 1 egg. For afternoon snack I sometimes add a cup of fresh blueberries to a c. of nonfat cottage or yogurt. That's 2 c. of food!

Thanks! I love berries!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Make sure to get a nice balance of protein fat and fiber at each meal. For example for lunch just now I had oats with protein powder and coconut butter and 2 hard boiled eggs.