Fall '15 babies

Replies

• Jut realized I missed a question. I got summer sanders prenatal workout dvd from Gaiam. I like it because they still make you do crunches, pushups, and squats even though you're pregnant.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    sarieth05 wrote: »
    Sarieth05 - How did your 12 week check go? Im sure you will get to your goal weight after the baby, plenty of time.

Helen, my scan went very well! Thanks! I'm waiting back on word from my blood work, but they said the baby was looking very healthy. Had a healthy heartbeat. The nuchal measurement was great, and they don't think the blood work will come back any worse in that aspect. Won't go back in until 16 weeks (though I don't think they're doing an ultrasound then). Back to the waiting game for appointments!

Are u in the UK? At my 16 week they listening to heartbeat and take blood pressure

• KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    summer8it wrote: »
    Kristen, glad you're here! Do you know if you're having boys, or is that just your son's guess?

No, I have no idea. I won't find out til mid-June at my 20 week ultrasound. He's just guessing. At first he wanted a boy baby and a girl baby but I think he realized girl babies turn into big girls... then he canned that idea lol
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    I'm grateful that my son and husband don't have a preference, boy or girl, but the rest of the family is quite vocal that they want a girl this time! Eh, they'll get what they get and they'll like it.

I am super grumpy today, and I feel like I ought to send out a warning to everyone I work with. I'm uncomfortable with some sort of pelvic pain/growing pains, lots of mini-crises have popped up at work, there's been unexpected family health drama, and I am just TOO HORMONAL to deal with everything piling on in one day. But the baby's happily bopping around, at least!
  • KristenE83
    I hear you on that one. Everyone in my family wants some gender combination lol. I am just happy with two healthy babies! lol

Hopefully the grumpiness passes. I get snappy when I feel uncomfortable too. It's hormones combined with the irritation of all the prego side effects that make a bad combo. Luckily there is a light (or a baby or two) at the end of the tunnel! Here's to a healthy/happy weekend!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Are u in the UK? At my 16 week they listening to heartbeat and take blood pressure

Nope, I'm in the US but I do believe they are probably just listening in and doing a weigh in/blood pressure stuff at 16 as well. Usually they jot down on my appointment card if it's an ultrasound or not, and this one appears to just be a plain ol' checkup. :)
  • helenmelon29
    sarieth05 wrote: »

Nope, I'm in the US but I do believe they are probably just listening in and doing a weigh in/blood pressure stuff at 16 as well. Usually they jot down on my appointment card if it's an ultrasound or not, and this one appears to just be a plain ol' checkup. :)

Prob do simular things at check ups. Except we don't get weighed. (Only at first app and that's it).

We have a scan/ ultrasound at 20/21 weeks. So that's my next one and hoping all ok. X
  • SuperSaiyanGoddess86
    SuperSaiyanGoddess86 Posts: 84 Member
    Hi ladies i am new to this group. I am 11 weeks and 3 days due 11/11/15. I was wanting to know whats the earliest you girls found out your baby's gender.
  • aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    I found out at 15 weeks I was having my fourth daughter. I was too anxious to wait until I saw my obgyn so I googled and found a place nearby that does 3D and 4D videos for keepsake and gender determination.
  • For me I found out (with previous baby ) at 18 weeks which was my 20 week checkup.
  • summer8it
    ladyjaye25 wrote: »
    Hi ladies i am new to this group. I am 11 weeks and 3 days due 11/11/15. I was wanting to know whats the earliest you girls found out your baby's gender.

My baby's gender has been on record since 12 weeks or so, because I did the Maternal T21 blood test, which identifies gender and certain chromosomal abnormalities like Downs Syndrome. I did it because I am 40 and at higher risk for chromosome problems, and I asked not to be told whether it's a boy or girl! The test wound up costing me over $1000, though, even with my "platinum" health insurance.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    I did maternit21 also, at about 12 weeks as well. They mailed the results and we did a silly string reveal at my bonus son's 13th bday dinner. For me, isurance covered all of the test, thankfully!
  • KristenE83

When I was pregnant with my son I found out at 16 weeks and I felt like that took forever. This time I have to wait until 20 weeks which is when they are doing my next ultrasound (I think its going to be 3d... they are calling it level 2). I suppose I could go pay to get it done somewhere else.... but I'm lazy and too busy lol Plus, idk why but I'm not dying to find out like when I was pregnant with my son. It's actually funny because it feels like the rest of the family is going to go crazy waiting... and my husband and I are just sitting here like eh whatev! haha
  • summer8it
    Am I the only one in this group who is NOT finding out the gender? I mean, I will check when the baby's born....
  • KristenE83
    edited April 2015
    I have to find out the gender (for sanity purposes). Since we are having 2 I want to make sure we A) have what we need and B ) throw out what we don't.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I won't know until 20 weeks either, and I definitely want to know. I respect anyone with the patience to not know, but I'm just too anxious to go that long. Fortunately, my husband agrees. :p
  • helenmelon29
    We didn't find out the sex with our first and I'm not bothered this time either but my OH wants to find out and I said it was his choice as I chose not to last time.

We find out at 21 weeks if we do x

• RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    summer8it wrote: »

My baby's gender has been on record since 12 weeks or so, because I did the Maternal T21 blood test, which identifies gender and certain chromosomal abnormalities like Downs Syndrome. I did it because I am 40 and at higher risk for chromosome problems, and I asked not to be told whether it's a boy or girl! The test wound up costing me over $1000, though, even with my "platinum" health insurance.

Summer - Are you effing kidding me? I just took that same test on Wednesday and it better not cost $1000! I have pretty good insurance too, but damn! I guess we'll find out when the bill comes in.

Ladyjaye - I found out the gender of this baby at 13 weeks. My last doctor made me wait until 20w to tell the gender. My husband's cousin found out at 9 weeks - and it was accurate. It all depends.
  • summer8it
    Rosie, I hope you don't get stuck with that bill, either! But it happened to both me and my good friend, who just had her baby -- neither my doctor nor her midwife bothered to mention that insurance might not pick up the whole cost of the test. All my other blood tests and ultrasounds have been 100% covered.
  • KristenE83
    Good news. I will find out at 17 weeks not 20. The nurse scheduled the appointment 3 weeks early. I didn't ask why cuz I don't want them to realize it lol.