Does anyone else meal prep?

as9823
as9823 Posts: 24 Member
I try to prep on Sundays for the week. I work a few jobs and I am always on the go. By the time I get home it's too late for me to eat. So I eat all my meals while I'm out of the house. So this really really helps and keeps me from running by a drive through.

From the left:

Baked chicken breast and whole wheat pasta.

Brown rice and mushrooms

Eye round roast and a turkey pattie. 7neqjsvxftxi.jpg

Good luck this week everyone!

Replies

• cdcruizer05
    cdcruizer05 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Yes getting a little better at doing it...
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Yep, for 7 years now!
  • as9823
    as9823 Posts: 24 Member
    Yep, for 7 years now!
    Very impressive!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Damn I wish I did that, my breakfast is always decent before work but I usually forget to make lunch the night before so I'll just grab banana protein bar and greek yogurt on the way oout the door.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    I prep my lunch for the week, and my breakfast, depending on what it is. I don't worry about dinner. I usually dish that out depending on how many calories I have. Or if I need more. :smile:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    ... Where are the vegetables? And the fat?

We meal prep on a weekend - it's necessary when we're prepping for a comp, and just easier when we're not. I can't imagine having to think every day about what I'm having the next day!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Great Work, as9823! I admire you for planning ahead. You must shop very carefully.

I have a different system that works for me. I cook double meals on Saturdays and Sundays. Then we have the "encore" of Saturday's dinner on Monday, and the "encore" of Sunday's meal on Tuesday. I cook a double dinner on Wednesdays for Wednesdays dinner and Thursday. Then we have omlettes or something else easy on Friday. Dinners are usually a main dish and vegetables or a salad.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I haven't built up to prepping for the whole week yet. I'm pretty proud of myself for doing each night for the next day's lunch. I need to sit down and fart around with the recipe builder. I never cook large meals, always one at a time.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    I only cook on the weekends, except for steaming veggies and cutting up fruit. My freezer is full of single-serve containers. As far as I'm concerned, it has been the key to my maintaining. I never have to be tempted to do fast food or carry out because I've got several different good choices ready to go.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    GreenValli wrote: »
    Great Work, as9823! I admire you for planning ahead. You must shop very carefully.

I have a different system that works for me. I cook double meals on Saturdays and Sundays. Then we have the "encore" of Saturday's dinner on Monday, and the "encore" of Sunday's meal on Tuesday. I cook a double dinner on Wednesdays for Wednesdays dinner and Thursday. Then we have omlettes or something else easy on Friday. Dinners are usually a main dish and vegetables or a salad.

What an awesome system!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    I have a stash of single serve frozen goodies that are pre cooked ready for my lunches each day (meat and rice or couscous) and I just do some fresh veg whilst I'm making dinner the night before, usually just blanched veg or a salad to fill out my box. Whenever possible I steal a serving of protein from that night's dinner though, providing it's lunchbox friendly.
  • rhoda1990
    rhoda1990 Posts: 25 Member
    Good job! I need to start doing that myself. I work a few jobs and I find that when I'm prepared I do much better.
  • May33338
    May33338 Posts: 300 Member
    WOW! Great job!
    I'm planning to meal prep for the first time this coming weekend on Sunday. Brown rice and mushrooms, mmmmmm yum.
    Thanks for this awesome post OP.
  • gvj777
    gvj777 Posts: 15 Member
    bump
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    I'm impressed with your planning and organization. Your containers look like the 21 Day Fix containers on steroids :)
  • destinymarie89
    destinymarie89 Posts: 15 Member
    I really want/ need to start meal prepping . I just find myself completely lost when I go to the grocery store! I need ideas for food and ideas to conquer at the grocery store, on a budget that is! Thanks in advance!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Nice job! Meal planning and prep is a must for me. I spend about 1-2 hours every few days making sure I have stuff I can easily throw together for a meal. I don't cook every day; I cook large batches of food once a week or so, and that makes several meals for the week. The freezer and crock pot are my friends. Vegetarian Times has a nice chart on the best way to store fruits & veggies. "Failing to plan is planning to fail."
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    I usually cook all my meals for the next day the night before, cause I do about 95% of my eating away from home.

Your system looks great! Think I'm gonna try n start cooking for the week as well...
  • Jenndynamite
    Jenndynamite Posts: 4 Member
    Every Monday or Sunday. Depending how late I work during the week will dicate what I make. A lot of Paleo casseroles, baked or grilled chicken, cut up for salads, big bowl of salad prepared for easy lunches. I set a menu for the week and grocery shop off that menu.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    I prep all my meals except the cheat meal of course!!

Body-Building-Meal-Prep.jpg