Damned genetics: When the weight comes off from all the wrong places

Replies

• vickywatty87
    vickywatty87 Posts: 5 Member
    Mine doesn't seem to come off my thighs/hips/butt.

Although my butt is wobbling less than it did!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    segacs wrote: »
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    Well, butts are in fashion at the moment!

Yeah, nice high round ones with itty-bitty waists. Not the "wide load" flabby one I'm toting around.

Oh well, we are all so self-critical, I guess.

SMACK! No body shaming of oneself woman! Just think of us as works in progress :wink:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member

Ugh, one of us must have been adopted, because we are clearly related! I don't want to lose any more off my boobs, rib cage etc, and my wrists are tiny, but that tummy area and hips :s

Sister in spirit! See you at the family reunion.

+1 to the wish that "the girls" shrink a bit in the losing process. I am in the market for a supportive swimsuit and can't find a damn thing stateside that will fit a 32F.

My rib cage has shrunk faster than my boobs, too... to the point where technically I measure out at a 28F. But that size does not exist in Canada. So I'm making do with 32Cs, mostly. Still, those built-in bra dresses and tank tops definitely are not an option for me, not unless I want boobs literally down to my waist. Oh, and don't get me started on swimsuits -- between the hips, thighs, tummy area, and glow-in-the-dark pale skin, I am better off just covering it up.

It does exist! I'm a 28FF(H in American sizes), live in Canada, and I have no problem getting my size in Freya (my preferred brand) and occasionally others too. Almost all decent specialty stores carry them now and I can order them on Amazon.ca for half the price once I find a style I like. Seriously, make a couple phone calls to nearby boutiques and I bet they can help you out. I am SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE and way, way happier now that I've got bras that fit properly. Zero back pain and I'm not constantly messing with the band and straps like I used to when I tried to jam myself into 32DDs.
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    5ft 1 and 124 lbs... all *kitten*, hips and serious baby belly here (baby is now almost 5 years old lol). Gota love my mother lol
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Opps...is a*s a bad word...silly me lol
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Sounds like you are depleting body fat from your extremities first and working towards the middle. which just so happens to be the same pattern that your body will begin closing down blood circulation in a freezing situation in order to conserve energy and preserve your core. It is a normal body pattern and function we have all developed as a survival and efficiency technique. It's how the body works. Aside from survival the human form has developed this mechanism as a practical matter due to physics. As we lose body fat we obviously decrease weight, if you didn't lose from the extremities first and work inwards we would become awkwardly balanced as our center of gravity would shift in a way that would make upright walking very inefecient. Your genetics are serving you well.

Think of it this way, human genetics have developed this way over the eons as a means of survival and efficiency, Your body and genetics don't keep pace with what modern society currently deems fashionable.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'd, personally, give the world to be able to wear (comfortably) a dress without a bra.
    I always laugh when bigger chested Ladies say this.
    I'm a 34B and i would never wear a dress Bra-less.......unless it had built-in padded Cups! Lol

But at least you have that option. Once you've gone past a 36C, strapless bras are pretty much pointless. If a dress doesn't cover a regular bra, I can't wear it, even if I'm a size 4 and thin everywhere else.

Oh, and now they make most sports bras with those darn cups. My boobs don't fit where the cups are....

^^ This! I cannot find a sports bra that fits. Around the band, yes, but where is the rest supposed to go?! I've been to several sports specialty shops and they can't fit me. And, honestly, I'm only a 38DD. I have to wear two regular bras when I run.

• krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    I was just had this conversation in my head yesterday- I'm down 25lbs+ I've pretty much lost all over and I am totally loving what I see!!! But I had to chuckle because I am really a mini version of the old me - apple shape and my problem area is still my belly. Yep, nice curves and yet I still look at my belly and sigh, but at least I can laugh about now - not so funny a year ago!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    It does exist! I'm a 28FF(H in American sizes), live in Canada, and I have no problem getting my size in Freya (my preferred brand) and occasionally others too. Almost all decent specialty stores carry them now and I can order them on Amazon.ca for half the price once I find a style I like. Seriously, make a couple phone calls to nearby boutiques and I bet they can help you out. I am SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE and way, way happier now that I've got bras that fit properly. Zero back pain and I'm not constantly messing with the band and straps like I used to when I tried to jam myself into 32DDs.

Where??? Which specialty stores???

Seriously, please tell me where you find these magical sizes! I've ordered in the past off Amazon.com (and paid exchange / shipping) when I already know my size and style. But trying on before I buy, nada. The department stores just have a small size range, and La Senza or La Vie En Rose are equally useless. I had high hopes when a Change opened a few years ago, but I find their bras to be really lousy quality.

(I'm in Quebec, by the way.)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Jerseygrrl wrote: »
    I'd, personally, give the world to be able to wear (comfortably) a dress without a bra.
    I always laugh when bigger chested Ladies say this.
    I'm a 34B and i would never wear a dress Bra-less.......unless it had built-in padded Cups! Lol

But at least you have that option. Once you've gone past a 36C, strapless bras are pretty much pointless. If a dress doesn't cover a regular bra, I can't wear it, even if I'm a size 4 and thin everywhere else.

Oh, and now they make most sports bras with those darn cups. My boobs don't fit where the cups are....

^^ This! I cannot find a sports bra that fits. Around the band, yes, but where is the rest supposed to go?! I've been to several sports specialty shops and they can't fit me. And, honestly, I'm only a 38DD. I have to wear two regular bras when I run.

Moving Comfort! They have your size. http://www.movingcomfort.com/en_us/dd-cup-bras/

(I wear the Fiona in 34DD)
  • alida1walsh
    alida1walsh Posts: 72 Member
    I've still got the belly but losing from arms and cleavage. I started out as an 'A' cup so not much cleavage to play with. Do they make inverted cups?
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    peleroja wrote: »

Where??? Which specialty stores???

Seriously, please tell me where you find these magical sizes! I've ordered in the past off Amazon.com (and paid exchange / shipping) when I already know my size and style. But trying on before I buy, nada. The department stores just have a small size range, and La Senza or La Vie En Rose are equally useless. I had high hopes when a Change opened a few years ago, but I find their bras to be really lousy quality.

(I'm in Quebec, by the way.)

I don't know about Quebec, but here in Alberta pretty well every non-chain lingerie boutique carries sizes like this now. There are at least four in my city that I know of. Don't bother with department stores or chains, look for the small independent shops. In my experience they're the ones bringing in brands like Freya, Chantelle, etc., that make the 28 bands.
  • sadiqajamilla
    sadiqajamilla Posts: 34 Member
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Sounds like you are depleting body fat from your extremities first and working towards the middle. which just so happens to be the same pattern that your body will begin closing down blood circulation in a freezing situation in order to conserve energy and preserve your core. It is a normal body pattern and function we have all developed as a survival and efficiency technique. It's how the body works. Aside from survival the human form has developed this mechanism as a practical matter due to physics. As we lose body fat we obviously decrease weight, if you didn't lose from the extremities first and work inwards we would become awkwardly balanced as our center of gravity would shift in a way that would make upright walking very inefecient. Your genetics are serving you well.

Think of it this way, human genetics have developed this way over the eons as a means of survival and efficiency, Your body and genetics don't keep pace with what modern society currently deems fashionable.
    That encourages me cause I was having the same issue. Thanks!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Oh for tiny boobs and the lack of a Buddha belly!
    Me? I've lost in collar bones, thighs (annoyingly) and (drumroll please) the back of me pelvis. Yep, I am somehow loosing more of my non existent bum. I can feel the top of my pelvis through my back, but does my belly care? NOOOOOOOOO!

And yeah, that nice stomach thread is nice, but until you have had severe overhang don't come my way!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    I've lost nearly 35 pounds since last fall. Did it come off from my waist, belly, butt, hips or thighs? Nope. Well, some, but those areas are still plenty big, especially my hips. Yep, pear shaped petite, here. Even though I'm 5'1" / 120lbs, I'm still wearing size 8 pants and skirts, and I still have ungainly fat rolls around the middle. My giant hips are still the first thing everyone notices about me.

Meanwhile, my neck, collarbone area, upper arms, and boobs all shrunk. My narrow shoulders seem to have gotten even narrower. My wrists got smaller, and I had to get links removed from my watches and bracelets. My feet (???) seem to have gone down by a half-size to a size, which is incredibly frustrating since I always wore an easy-to-find size 6 or 6 1/2s, and now I seem to be fitting into 5 1/2s, which are comparatively rare.

Damn uncooperative body: Why must you mock me so?

</rant>

if it makes you feel any better, I can't wait till my pear shaped behind is in a size 8 ;) LOL
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    My upper chest is creeping me out. I can nearly wrap a finger and thumb around each collar bone (considering they're only held due to tension is further creepy) and my ribcage is visible (xylophone chest). I'm grateful to be able to buy clothes from nearly anywhere, it's still a pain. Women's tops won't fit my flabby biceps, so I buy men's medium T-shirts which always fit, none of this only a certain brand/style from the women's dept. I still have to buy pants from the women's dept because of a fat butt (men have no butt afaik, lol), then I either suffer with the double fist sized gap in the back or spend $40 to have the waist taken in.

As for bras, I'm the most common size so it's not that there aren't any that fit, it's that they're all sold out.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Oh for tiny boobs and the lack of a Buddha belly!
    Me? I've lost in collar bones, thighs (annoyingly) and (drumroll please) the back of me pelvis. Yep, I am somehow loosing more of my non existent bum. I can feel the top of my pelvis through my back, but does my belly care? NOOOOOOOOO!

And yeah, that nice stomach thread is nice, but until you have had severe overhang don't come my way!

Did you see the OP of that thread's before pics?

Yup, it's adorable. I wish for a belly like her "before"! Hers ballooned out a but, but it defied gravity, it didn't hang down.

Don't get me wrong, her advice is good, I'll follow it, but I'll never have a pretty tum
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited April 2015

That makes way too much sense. Damn you, biology, why must you defy my silly aesthetic concerns so!

annette_15 wrote: »
    I had the same stats when I was 120, I'm also 5'1. The last 13lbs has really made a difference for me so just keep at it!

That gives me hope.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    I sympathize with the whole thread. Everything has started to get smaller, but some evenings I just poke my belly and sigh. It is smaller but I want it to be GONE. I preach patience at myself, and it's a pretty good motivator to continue eating well and exercising regularly.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member

That makes way too much sense. Damn you, biology, why must you defy my silly aesthetic concerns so!

annette_15 wrote: »
    I had the same stats when I was 120, I'm also 5'1. The last 13lbs has really made a difference for me so just keep at it!

That gives me hope.

I could answer the biology question as well but you get the jist of it. LOL
    Bottom line is, you took up the challenge to lose the excess body fat, its a process and you are well on your way. Don't give up and settle for anything less then completing the process. You are doing great so far ! Celebrate each milestone for what it is and use it to help keep you motivated to reach the next milestone.