Heeeeeeeelp.

HustleRose
HustleRose Posts: 88
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
I'm stuck at work in the middle of two big snow storms; needless to say, no one's going to come here!

Save me from the boredom!

*blasting T.I. in The Vitamin Store* :laugh:

Replies

• I'm stuck at work in the middle of two big snow storms; needless to say, no one's going to come here!

Save me from the boredom!

*blasting T.I. in The Vitamin Store* :laugh:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    oh that sucks:frown:
  • Yaaaaaaaaaay, an answer!

Lol, tell me about it.

They're probably paying me more to be here than they're gonna make back from sales. :tongue:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I feel your pain. I work in a mall with the the dumbest hours EVER. They're open until 7 every Sunday night during normal hours, but during the holidays they're open 9-9 on Sunday. NO ONE is there until noon! And during the week they're open until 10, and the place is dead by 8. Now that Tech has let out for break, there'll be even less business. I hate my job so much anyway that stupid little things like this really get to me. :explode:
  • Hahaha, ugh, I know; before this I worked in a nutrition store in a mall, and we had to follow the extended hours, too, even though NO ONE was out shopping for vitamins at Christmas time, and it was completely dead after like 7, we still had to be open until 9:30. I've never spent so much time dusting in my life. We weren't even allowed to close during like, ice storms or snow storms. The power would be like, flickering, or even out, on our side of the mall, but they still wouldn't let us close. It was soooooooo retarded.

This isn't too bad, we closed for the first storm yesterday, and we're not open Sundays, for the second one, so I just gotta make it through this one day, it's just that most people are at home baking cookies, so I'm bored, wandering MFP. :tongue:

Gotta love making $11/hour for sitting around playing Solitaire and surfing MFP though. :laugh:
  • Well, if it makes you feel any better.... I'm at work right now and we are dead. I have been here since 8 am with no customers. I'm sorry that you are snowed in. Have you tried walking around to pass some time by?
  • Yeah, I'm receiving some transfers they never got around to in the hour they bothered to open yesterday, putting them on the shelves, but if I walk to far, I can't hear the music, and then it's worse. At least I have control of the radio, funny music makes me happy. :love:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Hahaha, ugh, I know; before this I worked in a nutrition store in a mall, and we had to follow the extended hours, too, even though NO ONE was out shopping for vitamins at Christmas time, and it was completely dead after like 7, we still had to be open until 9:30. I've never spent so much time dusting in my life. We weren't even allowed to close during like, ice storms or snow storms. The power would be like, flickering, or even out, on our side of the mall, but they still wouldn't let us close. It was soooooooo retarded.

This isn't too bad, we closed for the first storm yesterday, and we're not open Sundays, for the second one, so I just gotta make it through this one day, it's just that most people are at home baking cookies, so I'm bored, wandering MFP. :tongue:

Gotta love making $11/hour for sitting around playing Solitaire and surfing MFP though. :laugh:

Man, I only make $8.25. :frown: I work for a debt-free company and they pay a whopping $100 a month for rent in the mall because of some past litigation, and despite that, they only started me at 7.25 with FOUR YEARS of retail experience. :explode: I only took the job because I was in a hurry and it's a small store so there's not a lot of zoning to do. And I can't for the life of me get a job at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC, although I think I'd hate GNC more because it's filled with a bunch of pretentious idiots who try to shove bottled mRNA down people's throats.
    I have to work from 5-10 tonight...I'm sure it'll probably be busy because it's the Saturday before Christmas. I hate Christmas now. :grumble:
  • Haha, well, I would NEVER work for a GNC, you should hear the ridiculously inaccurate things they tell people just to make a sale. I actually really like it here, though. It's not the Vitamin Shoppe, it's just a small, 5 store chain, The Vitamin Store. It's very personal, and honest.

And the $11/hour to start was a great surprise, especially considering I usually work alone and get to just sit around at the computer if the work is done. I love making $11/hour doing what I'd be doing at home. :bigsmile:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    woohooo T.I. lol
  • Hahaha, aw yeah.
  • Lol, I'm still bored people, don't leave me now.
  • *sigh*

The weather network can only be entertaining for so long. :tongue:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Lol, I'm still bored people, don't leave me now.

:flowerforyou:
  • YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Company!

Lol, I'm losing my mind. I've been here by myself since 9:20, it's 3:40 now... and I still have an hour and twenty minutes to go. ><
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Company!

Lol, I'm losing my mind. I've been here by myself since 9:20, it's 3:40 now... and I still have an hour and twenty minutes to go. ><

It is getting closer for you. :smile:
  • I know, I've never been happier in my entire life. Lol. Ten minutes and then I can start counting and GO HOME! Yipee!
This discussion has been closed.