Junk Food Confessions

This past week, I have been very depressed (I'll spare you the info) but long story short, I fell off my diet train very hard, I ate whole pizzas and 8 piece buffalo wings 3 times thisweek, iI didn't go to the pool at all, I stressed out, I just.....I need help. I ate my feelings and now I need help....a few kind words or maybe some advice please...

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Its ok, your human.. it happens to us all. Sit down, write a plan for the coming week, plan some healthy meals, time for when you're gonna work, out and give yourself a non food reward at the end of the week if you stick to it. After one week back on track you will feel so good that you'll have some motivation back :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Take a deep breath, forget it, and move on. It happened; there's nothing you can do about it now. Just start counting again.

If you're still feeling upset, you could portion out smaller amounts of pizza and buffalo wings and fit them into your calorie goal, and then you get the double-whammy of comfort food while in a deficit! :)
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    My junk food confession is that I can't give up sugary beverages, so I skip lunch to free up the calories for me to consume the stuff at night.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Log it and move on

and next time you feel stressed, head to the pool and swim it out .. and the next and the next
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Log it and move on

and next time you feel stressed, head to the pool and swim it out .. and the next and the next

Exactly.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    My junk food confession is that I can't give up sugary beverages, so I skip lunch to free up the calories for me to consume the stuff at night.

Diet Coke.

Also, all that sugar at night, how are you not up for hours?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Log it and move on

This.

When we log things regularly, after a while you get into the habit of stopping yourself if you are making terrible decisions. Stay persistent and you will get there!
  • Babykeys32
    Babykeys32 Posts: 36 Member
    Keep going. Just keep going. Trying as hard as you can never made anyone gain weight. Trying contains zero calories.

I had a similar thing recently...i was feeling upset and unwell so i just gave up for a moment...it happens to us all and theres nothing wrong with you that made you eat that stuff, you're just a human being thats all :) That said, human beings all have room for improvement, so log your binges, throw away the take out menu and start again.

Best of luck xxx
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    I've had a rough week too. You just have to log it, learn from it, move on and keep going. Next time you feel stressed and want pizza, maybe limit yourself to two pieces? You've got this!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    While I haven't had a rough week lately I sure have had them in the past! Don't beat yourself up and don't feel guilty, that will only compound the bad emotions. Suck it up and move forward... Eating because of emotions is a habit. Nothing more/nothing less and like any habit you always have the opportunity to make or break a new one. So start a new one. The next time you're feeling bad instead of turning to food, find something else. In the meantime, keep posting and keep looking for your motivation and support!
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Everyone has rough weeks. Just keep moving along! When I feel myself getting upset and reaching for food I wouldn't eat regularly eat, or about to binge, I will stop and ask myself... is this really worth it? will eating like this change the situation and make things better? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but you gotta pull yourself together and get back on track!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    I've been there! Especially with the whole pizza and wings episodes, but you know what, you just get right back up and keep trying! This stuff happens but nothing that can't be undone. Stay positive and keep moving forward!
  • FireRedFurry
    FireRedFurry Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you all for the support and kind words! Today's a new day, a day to get back on track!
  • ccat1987
    ccat1987 Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you all for the support and kind words! Today's a new day, a day to get back on track!

Exactly, it is a new day. Try to negotiate a new plan and get going! Also, from a fellow pizza lover...when I am craving pizza I try to make my own using a "flat out" wrap, tomato paste, spices, veggies, and low fat mozz. cheese. Then sometimes Ill dip it in a little bit of buffalo sauce - not super healthy but its better then a real pizza and helps curb the cravings :)
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    I almost fell "off the wagon" so to speak today. It's hard. It's very very hard. I am an on/off compulsive binger-I know what it's like to eat entire cheesecakes, more than a doz homemade cookies, pizzas to the point I felt sick. I will always struggle I think. It's been 13 days of not binging...my longest in my life (35 years). So, I know you feel horrible. I know you feel ashamed, and discouraged. Don't look at it as whole week/days. Take it hour by hour: this hour I will strive to eat something healthy , or do something different (coping mechanisms). I am trying to change my coping responses to something more active. I understand heavy stress-it sucks, it's tiring, eating seems more fun than sad stressful days but the end result (unhappy) is always the same, no?

So today, why not put a timer on for 5 minutes. That's it. And put on dancing music. And dance. And try to have fun and smile during dancing. That's it. Not the whole day, nor whole week. Just try for 5 minutes and see if it helps :) Force yourself to try to let go of the stress even for just a few minutes. It's my new thing to try when I am stressed and it's been helping. Baby steps!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    You just have to put it behind you, as life happens. Log it and move on.
  • Trippyx
    Trippyx Posts: 3 Member
    I can go days without junk food, but I do like the taste some of it so I just eat it in the weekend with my TV marathon sessions lol. Lazy yes I can do 12000 steps during the week and a whooping 800 on the weekend.