Fitbit charge hr and calorie adjustment

Hi, is anyone using the fitbit charge hr ? It does a calorie adjustment and it seems generous and just wondering what other people are finding. Tomorrow is offical weigh day and if i dont loose whilst i have been doing the increased activity and logging all my food... I may unpair them and do food and activity in the seperate apps and just stick to the calories on here. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    There's a fitbit group here, they might have the answer youre looking for:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • turtles12
    turtles12 Posts: 12 Member
    I have the Charge and I can't get a calories adjustment to come up at all. I am only tracking steps right now, do you know if that's why? Sorry to ask a question on your question :wink:
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    I have the Charge HR. The only calories I eat back (if any) are the ones I earn from actual workouts when I start and stop the stopwatch on the tracker. Other than that I stick to my MFP calorie goal. I have noticed that the calorie adjustment goes up or down throughout the day. For example, the past few days I have been very active and I had a higher number and today I have been sitting at the computer most of the day (and also charging my tracker) and I have no extra calories. That may change if I get in more steps or a workout later.
  • trinity673
    trinity673 Posts: 5 Member
    Sorry turtles12... Im new to having it. It is set to track steps/hr/calories/steps/distance/sleep on my app and then i paired it with my fitness pal and deleted my the pair with my step counter on my iphone and mfp and it worked from there. I do the 10000 steps and it gives me a couple hundred calories extra and just wondering if it was accurate. Ive put the setting to dominate hand to make the step counter less sensitive and when i watch it and step it is on the money.

Thanks for the group ill pop and look there too.
  • vani98106
    vani98106 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    How do you unpair the fitbit tracker
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    As a generality, the fitness trackers take a couple of weeks or so to "learn" you, then settle in. It helps to make sure any settings (like age, stride length, bodyweight, HRmax, etc.) are correct, and to do any fitness self-tests it offers you.

After that, because the device is simply making a statistical estimate of your calorie burn based on limited measurements (heart rate, steps, arm movements, gps with some devices, altimeter with some devices), it can be high, low or spot on.

The mainstream devices will tend to be close for most people, but off (high or low) for a few, because that's the nature of statistics. If you compare its results to your weight loss results for a few weeks, you'll have a decent idea where it comes out for you. Other people's results aren't a great guide, in that respect.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Go to settings and unpair it.

I have a Fitbit charge 2 and love it. I go by the total calories burned to figure out my intake. So far its been working