I cheatEd today

i went over my calorie limit. I couldn't stop myself from eating that cookie and I feel terrible about it. I felt like I as doing so well and I just screwed it up

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    You haven't screwed anything up yet. Make it a daily thing and you could be in trouble, but if that's not the case, then you're fine.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    A cookie?
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Just one? That won't do any harm. Now if it was one bag, i would understand your worries
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Deprivation is worse than over-eating. Forgive yourself and look forward to a new day.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    slp51 wrote: »
    Deprivation is worse than over-eating. Forgive yourself and look forward to a new day.

I agree. Don't beat yourself up over it. You should Treat yourself occasionally so you don't binge later. One cookie is not a biggie. :smile:
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Breathe! The guilt and upset you feel over the cookie are worse for you than the cookie itself, especially if it might set you up for an, "I'm such a failure" comfort binge. Hit the reset button and make a fresh new start.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    A cookie?

this...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    How big was this cookie??
  • eclemoine
    eclemoine Posts: 12 Member
    Its just one cookie. As long as all his friends are safe you are forgiven! ;)
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    No big screw up, log it, own it and do better today! And pre log your food and plan on having a cookie another day. I leave calories at the end of the day for that very reason. I had 1/4 cup of honey roasted peanuts after dinner. Each and everyone was yummy.
    The mindless eating is what is dangerous. Eat with purpose, and fuel your body. Plan out your day, and plan in a treat! Being proactive instead of reactive about food choices is the biggest help for me.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Your screw up was accepting "i couldn't stop myself." as an excuse. You could have stopped yourself, but you wanted the cookie more than you wanted not to have the cookie.

That's alright. The reason you're trying to lose weight is that you have some bad habits. Correcting those habits takes time and patience with yourself. There will be days when the old habits are hard to resist. But those days will be fewer and further between if you keep at it.

Own your behavior. It's on you to get healthy, and that means establishing good patterns. Don't beat yourself up over set backs, but more importantly don't give yourself the excuse that you are helpless.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    25336d1231979929-hungry-cookie.jpg

Was it this cookie? If not, it's not worth crying about. Brush it off and move on.
  • bigorangemichael
    bigorangemichael Posts: 27 Member
    We're all going to make good choices and we're all going to make bad choices.

You had a cookie.

Hopefully it was a good one and worth cheating on your diet for. (I've found that while dieting I will often ask myself if whatever it is I'm going to cheat by eating is worth it. For example, I love my mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies and would easily cheat for one of them. For a Chips-A-Hoy, probably not). And then I put into my tracker and decide to only allow it to be a speed-bump not a roadblock.

• TakeMyTai
    TakeMyTai Posts: 28 Member
    If you like the occasional cookie, find some tasty low-cal versions of the cookie (tasty and low-cal do sometimes go together) and have one every few days. Keeps your taste buds happy and helps to curb the cravings. I have a special k pastry crisps for my sugary tasting snack. 2 crisps for 100 cals.
  • fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member

Was it this cookie? If not, it's not worth crying about. Brush it off and move on.

HAHAHAHA!!! your quote and the ridiculous size of that cookie actually made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that! =P

I know the guilt of beating myself up when I am "in the zone" and then I indulge. Thanks for putting this into perspective!
  • TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    i went over my calorie limit. I couldn't stop myself from eating that cookie and I feel terrible about it. I felt like I as doing so well and I just screwed it up

Don't beat yourself up over it. It isn't the end of the world. Just try to do better
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    I was over the past two days. No biggie...I just counted and moved on. Don't beat yourself up about it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    We're all going to make good choices and we're all going to make bad choices.

You had a cookie.

Hopefully it was a good one and worth cheating on your diet for. (I've found that while dieting I will often ask myself if whatever it is I'm going to cheat by eating is worth it. For example, I love my mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies and would easily cheat for one of them. For a Chips-A-Hoy, probably not). And then I put into my tracker and decide to only allow it to be a speed-bump not a roadblock.

Why is 'a cookie' a 'bad choice'. It's one cookie! Why is that 'cheating'? Life is way too short to never eat cookies!
  • TiJoGa
    TiJoGa Posts: 545 Member

I would like to eat this cookie please. Thank you.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I went over yesterday. Darn Twizzler sitting there taunting me.