WE DID IT !!!

Hey Everyone,

I ran my first 5K in Seattle a week ago. My daughter and I finished in 42 minutes! It has been a dream of mine to run a 5K for the year that I have been working on my weight loss. We had very cold (28 degrees) and snowy conditions for the run but nothing was going to stop me from participating. 12,000 people were registered to run and I have to say it was INSPIRATIONAL to run with that many people. . . we ran through a tunnel at one point and hundreds of people were singing jingle bells it gave me goose bumps ! My daughter was the one that asked me to do this run with her. I was so intimidated to try and she was so encouraging telling me that I could do it. She raised my arm as we crossed the finish line. Every time I try to tell the story to my family and friends it makes me cry. I could not have attempted this a year ago !! What an AWSOME Christmas gift !!

Replies

• Hey Everyone,

I ran my first 5K in Seattle a week ago. My daughter and I finished in 42 minutes! It has been a dream of mine to run a 5K for the year that I have been working on my weight loss. We had very cold (28 degrees) and snowy conditions for the run but nothing was going to stop me from participating. 12,000 people were registered to run and I have to say it was INSPIRATIONAL to run with that many people. . . we ran through a tunnel at one point and hundreds of people were singing jingle bells it gave me goose bumps ! My daughter was the one that asked me to do this run with her. I was so intimidated to try and she was so encouraging telling me that I could do it. She raised my arm as we crossed the finish line. Every time I try to tell the story to my family and friends it makes me cry. I could not have attempted this a year ago !! What an AWSOME Christmas gift !!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    That is amazing. I got goosebumps just reading this. Congrats to you. What a great way to celebrate your weight loss and new outer AND inner strength. Great Job!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    Way to go! What an accomplishment and you look fantastic!

MM
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    that is so wonderful! You must feel so proud, you worked so hard!
    :flowerforyou:
  • wow! I got tears in my eyes just reading your story. What a great story to a happy ending. Great Job. :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Holy cow!!! Look at your ticker! :noway:

You look amazing!!! :drinker:

Great job on your 5k! Now start training for a 10k! :wink: :drinker:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

I ran my first 5K last year, and proceeded to run 10 more races after that, one of them 6 miles. This year I only ran two 5Ks, but I hope to get back into running more of them in the coming year. It's addicting once you start! :bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Congratulations that momment in the tunnel sounds like something that will stay with you forever.

awesome !
  • Thanks everyone for your encouragement ! My daughters and I are already planning the next 5K . . . It is really good motivation to do our workouts and they are loads of fun :happy:
  • Very insipational!

I am hoping to one day do a 5K myself.
    I am not a runner (yet) but I am taking baby steps toward it.
    This was a wonderful read.
    I also want to say your before and after photos are amazing!

Way to go!:drinker:
    ~Mel
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!