Bought some homemade tamales. Best guess at calories in your opinion?

Gska17
Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
They're pork. That's all I know. How would you log them?

Replies

• Gska17
    Here's an option:

Generic - Tamale, Pork, Homemade, 1 tamale 141 11 8 6 325 1

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    I would search the database for pork tamales and pick an entry that is on the upper end of the average.
  • Gska17
    Upper end - good idea.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Or google recipes for pork tamales -- put the ingredients in the recipe builder and over estimate.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I would just log them as yummy. Gawd I love tamales.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »

This
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Yeah. I make tamales with my mom every year for the Christmas season. :smile:

• 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    without fail, i order a tamale with my meal when i go to a mexican restaurant. i luff them so...
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member

The best ones are from someone's abuelita though.... Puts restaurant tamales to shame every time!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Just enter tamale, and look over the entries and pick the one that looks closest to what you ate. You are not going to be able to log everything perfectly. I had the same problem when I ate lunch with a friend. There was a side of 4 pieces of Texas toast with cinnamon butter...so delicious and I ate it all. posted 800 plus cals...could be more....could be less.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    My authentic homemade pork tamales (1 small) are 210 calories.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    I had this problem recently because when we visit family in Louisiana, we always have tamales with breakfast and take home several dozen with us (to NC). We get them from this old lady in town by my grandmother that has a shack on the side of the road. I think I went above average on calories as well. They are so delicious...
  • Gska17
    hwillmott wrote: »
    I had this problem recently because when we visit family in Louisiana, we always have tamales with breakfast and take home several dozen with us (to NC). We get them from this old lady in town by my grandmother that has a shack on the side of the road. I think I went above average on calories as well. They are so delicious...

I bought these from a guy who stopped by my office. Using my best Spanglish I bought 12. Trunk-of-the-car-still-hot tamales can't be beat!

Thanks everyone for the input, I appreciate it. :-)