From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2015
    Actually anyone can send me a request. It's nice to have friends on here with the same goals/ starting weight and height.
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Way to go! Such amazing results!
  • shauna913
    shauna913 Posts: 19 Member
    Wow! Such an amazing accomplishment! You look amazing
  • zebszee
    zebszee Posts: 31 Member
    You look fantastic, well done
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great job!
  • PrincessPeacock
    PrincessPeacock Posts: 14 Member
    Congratulations on all of your hard work! You look amazing! I started working with dumbells a few weeks ago and thought that I wasn't lifting "heavy" enough so kind of slacked off with it. Not anymore now though!!!! Thank you for your post and the motivational boost!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Great job! You look wonderful! I'm hoping for legs like that!

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Excellent work woman!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Thanks a million everyone, it's hard work but it's worth it!

Here is a very humble photo of what I use in my home, right where I use it, for those asking what my set up looks like. I have a nice, big window, my milk crate, a basic bench and some free weights! Just start picking up heavy stuff and do it consistently! :blush:

n3g8yz2l0s3d.jpg

estherlion wrote: »
    Wow! You look beautiful! Can you share how many calories you eat and did you notice a metabolism boost (where you can eat more calories) once you hit the weights?

From Jan to Dec 2014, I was between 1200-1300 cals per day. Being a stay at home mom, with my daughter in grade school, I tend to be very sedentary and I am also short so I do not do well with a high calorie diet or a high amount of carbs (stayed around 100-120g carbs per day). If I worked full time or were on my feet all day, I would've required more calories but that wasn't my case. My energy levels were fine also, as I focused on the quality of my calories, making sure to get in at least 100g protein and 25g fiber per day, as well as important vitamins and nutrients.

However, after having lost most of the weight in Dec, I started my first gym membership and started eating more... Too much more, lol! I was up to around 1800 cals/day and I was gaining body fat, even though I was still lifting and working out. It was just too many cals for me, living a mostly sedentary lifestyle.

I am currently working on losing what I gained over the first few months of the year. I am currently eating 1300-1400 cals per day and lifting 5-6 days a week still... I live sore but I love it. :wink:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....you're a SUPERSTAR, period. Mega W <3 W---mere words can't quite describe how inspirational, encouraging and fabulous you and your post are to me.

P.S. WWWWWWWWWWW <3 WWWWWWWWWW

Thank you! :blush:
  • curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Wow, fantastic job! So inspiring. The weights that your typical workout includes... did you work your way up to those weights or have your workouts been similar intensity the whole time?
  • alcazoocrvw
    alcazoocrvw Posts: 1 Member
    I love reading these stories! Congrats on your success. My goal is great legs like yours! Can you share your leg routine?
  • melnikn
    melnikn Posts: 41 Member
    U look so different. Such an amazing transformation. You look beautiful! !!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    You look amazing! Loveeee your arms!
  • wannaloseit77
    wannaloseit77 Posts: 37 Member
    Everyone else has said it - you look amazing and are truly inspiring! Well done!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    curtissoph wrote: »
    Wow, fantastic job! So inspiring. The weights that your typical workout includes... did you work your way up to those weights or have your workouts been similar intensity the whole time?

The weight in my typical or current workouts, is something I have totally built up over time - about a year or so. I started all of my lower body workouts with just my bodyweight and slowly added weights as I felt stronger and ready. Things progressed from there. It takes a lot of TIME but time worth investing.

Thank you all for the kind words! :blush:
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Wow. This is truly an amazing transformation. You were beautiful before but now your stunning. I started at 250 myself at 5'7 and am down 16 lbs in 1 month. I want to get down to 135-150. Thanks for sharing. A size 8 I think is the perfect size and is where I want to be
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!