My eyesight is going...and apparently so is my waistline

So, I've been at it a month and have gotten rid of 35 pounds of me. When I started this I could barely get myself into my size 48 waist. After losing 20lbs I dug through the closet to find a pair of 46 waist jeans to give it a shot. Alas couldnt quite get them buttoned. Been trying on those same darn 46 waist jeans a couple of times a week for the last few weeks and while I finally managed to get into them they were super tight. My 48's a sooooo big on me. So this morning I was thinking...why after losing 35 pound am I still struggling to get into a 46 when the 48's are soooo big. So I gave it another shot. Good news! they fit great and are super comfortable. When I took them off I checked the tag to see if I had gotten them at Old Navy and holy cow my eyes must be going because they are 44's! No wonder it took so long to get into those lol and no wonder my 48's are so big lol. Feelin' real good about being 4-5 inches smaller at the middle :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    So, I've been at it a month and have gotten rid of 35 pounds of me. When I started this I could barely get myself into my size 48 waist. After losing 20lbs I dug through the closet to find a pair of 46 waist jeans to give it a shot. Alas couldnt quite get them buttoned. Been trying on those same darn 46 waist jeans a couple of times a week for the last few weeks and while I finally managed to get into them they were super tight. My 48's a sooooo big on me. So this morning I was thinking...why after losing 35 pound am I still struggling to get into a 46 when the 48's are soooo big. So I gave it another shot. Good news! they fit great and are super comfortable. When I took them off I checked the tag to see if I had gotten them at Old Navy and holy cow my eyes must be going because they are 44's! No wonder it took so long to get into those lol and no wonder my 48's are so big lol. Feelin' real good about being 4-5 inches smaller at the middle :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    hahah .. thats cool.. and funny ..

a bit like finding a 20$ bill in the pockets of an old jacket :smile: an unexpected surprise :laugh:

congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    that is the true definition of a good day at MFP! Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    That is so funny and so great....keep up the good work....wonderful....:flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member

Now, wasn't that a nice surprise....Merry Christmas!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    What a great surprise. Good for you!!!

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :laugh: awesome spyguy!!! you're doing super:drinker: :bigsmile:
    So proud of you:happy:
  • LOL :laugh:

that's the kind of thing I would do.

be cursing those darn pants and wondering why they don't fit yet only to find they were even smaller than I thought.

glad they got on and hope they get lose for you soon enough.:flowerforyou:

~Mel
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Well talk about trickin yourself!! What a great surprise.

You must have the banana dance!
    0002013F.gif
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member

Thats so funny!! I bet you felt wonderful though after you realized just how much you've went down in sizes!!:laugh: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    I BEEN ON A SHOPPING SPREE TODAY AND CAN NOW GET INTO ASIZE 16 ALOT OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 16 AND A 20TO 22 THAT I USED TO BE IN
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I BEEN ON A SHOPPING SPREE TODAY AND CAN NOW GET INTO ASIZE 16 ALOT OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 16 AND A 20TO 22 THAT I USED TO BE IN
    WAY TO GO Kazzit!!:bigsmile: It's so great to just slip on a pair of jeans from the closet stash of smaller sizes I've been saving....

So I totally get where you're coming from in the excitement of finding something new fits now!!

Very Happy for You! Congrats on the hard work you've been doing:heart::flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!