restaurant portion size

13»

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Don't eat at restaurants. Period. Just don't. They pile calories upon calories and sodium upon sodium. Don't do it.

This bums me out in the worst way...
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Box half of it and leave it on the table when you go. Can't snack if it isn't with you.

Honestly if I eat out plan enough into my calories for the day that I can enjoy my meal or I make sure to order something that I know I can eat all or most of what they give me.

You can also order an appetizer as your meal instead of an entree. ;)
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    edited May 2015
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Don't eat at restaurants. Period. Just don't. They pile calories upon calories and sodium upon sodium. Don't do it.

Avoidance is not the answer. Learning portion control in all situations is.

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle..

I don't think regular restaurant eating is healthy at all. I'm a one-a-week restaurant eater with an occasional Wendys chicken wrap for lunch. That's as close to a "cheat" meal as I get for the reasons stated.

In the end, it's portion size... I'm eating less calories than I burn...

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    stephyj528 wrote: »
    i just admitted to myself that i cant throw food away when im at a restaurant. people say box ur food but i end up snacking on the way home. does anyone else have this issue or recommendations? thanks!

You could:
    1. Budget your calories out for the week so that you can eat the whole meal that day.
    2. Stick the box in the backseat
    3. Stick the box in the trunk
    4. Leave what you don't eat on the plate

Hmm...can be rather difficult to never go to a restaurant...what if it is a special occasion, or a one off? what if you have a family who eat out a lot? There is always healthy options and choices...and if not... Everyone needs a little treat now and again, reward your efforts :)

Yep and scratch your head as to why you are still gaining weight.

??? Seriously. It's perfectly possible to eat out and lose weight. I eat out way more than I'd like to admit and I lose weight just fine.
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    i tend to order appetizers for my meal. they are the right size for me and i don't have to worry about leftovers. also leaves room for the most important part...dessert!
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    peterjens wrote: »
    stephyj528 wrote: »
    but i end up snacking on the way home.

Order a soup and/or salad. It's harder to eat these on the way home.

Put it in the trunk. Strange but that's the solution
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Leave food on the plate! Gasp!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I really couldn't care less about leaving food on my plate.
    I do care about eating too much.
    Priorities.