Starting the Cabbage Soup Diet tomorrow, anyone want to join me?

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Sorry not for me, cabbage soup is a great snack, Low calorie and full of veggie goodness.

However as a diet it sucks. I did it years ago and I still remember the terrible headache on day four, I quit then, I just couldn't take it anymore. I lost 3lbs and then put on 5 when I went off the diet. This time I am doing it the healthy way.

xw7dmqphmfjv.png
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Nah I'm good thanks

Enjoyed my bacon sarnie today :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Here's the link to the diet plan and recipe.

http://divascancook.com/wonder-soup-recipe-weight-loss-soup-7-day-diet-cabbage-soup/

This diet is a good motivator since you see the scale move pretty quickly (although not much loss is fat). I have found it is a good way to kick-start if you're in a bit of a slump.

Add me as a friend or message me if you'd like to join in!

You know what's really DEmotivating? Seeing the scale bounce back once you start eating actual food again. Binge eating and falling off the wagon partway through because your'e hungry and sick of cabbage soup.
    Also, cabbage farts.

Yep.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    I'm going to do the Military diet tomorow bc I love cans of tuna ... anyone anyone?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Why do you never see posts that say "I'm starting a sensible, sustainable diet plan tomorrow which involves eating moderate amounts of food i enjoy, and reaching my calorie and macro goals while maintaining a deficit! Who wants to join me?"
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Why do you never see posts that say "I'm starting a sensible, sustainable diet plan tomorrow which involves eating moderate amounts of food i enjoy, and reaching my calorie and macro goals while maintaining a deficit! Who wants to join me?"

Because that's booooring!
  • santawiggles
    santawiggles Posts: 14 Member
    No, but I will eat my homemade pho for dinner.

I love pho!!!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    This sounds like the worst possible idea. Why don't you can the stupid fad diet and start lifting weights instead? Far more fulfilling, imo.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member

Because those people do some research and know what to do. They are self starters who get on with it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Here's the link to the diet plan and recipe.

http://divascancook.com/wonder-soup-recipe-weight-loss-soup-7-day-diet-cabbage-soup/

This diet is a good motivator since you see the scale move pretty quickly (although not much loss is fat). I have found it is a good way to kick-start if you're in a bit of a slump.

Add me as a friend or message me if you'd like to join in!

You know what's really DEmotivating? Seeing the scale bounce back once you start eating actual food again. Binge eating and falling off the wagon partway through because your'e hungry and sick of cabbage soup.
    Also, cabbage farts.

It's ok OP, just buy these
    fart-underwear.jpg
    It's a minty fresh filter for your undies. When it gets rough.
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    No because it's not something you can do forever, what ever weight you lose, you will gain...plus more. Why not eat a proper 'diet'? I'm not even going to get into it...

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Nah, brah
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    No, but I will eat my homemade pho for dinner.

Can I get your recipe??
    Pho takes me forever to make so I usually make a ton of it and freeze it. Still haven't perfected it though and would love to try something new!

Also, is the OP joking? I remember my mom doing that diet like 10 years ago. Oh fad diets!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Noooooooo
  • FreedomMK2131
    FreedomMK2131 Posts: 17 Member
    Lol Awesome comments. I'm sure it's not going to kill me people. :p
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I lost weight on the soup diet about 15 years ago. From not eating because the soup was so terrible I couldn't stomach any..

Why you'd suffer through that I don't know...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Lol Awesome comments. I'm sure it's not going to kill me people. :p

I guess the question is - sure it won't kill you, but why would you do that to yourself?
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    It might not kill you, but it might kill those around you!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Friends don't ask friends to do asinine diets.

Succinct!

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    All I'm going to say is good luck. At least you have been warned about the smelly side effects, the fatigue and loss of energy, the sheer boringness or this diet plus the fact that you will much more than likely gain it all back plus a few pounds when you start eating real food again.