I can't wait to be thin!

2»

Replies

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Congratulations!

Take it one day at a time, and take note of your non scale victories! Those are the ones keeping me motivated on this journey. Making a different food choice, walking more, sleeping better, being sick less often, are all consequences of living healthier most people don't value enough. Make your own list and add to it as often as you can!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    List of things I can do regardless of weight or size:
    • Be awesome.
    • Command mad respect at work.
    • Travel to over 40 countries over the past decade.
    • Go to the beach in a fabulous bathing suit.
    • Get all dressed up and go out for a night on the town.
    • Have all-pyjama days.
    • Giggle like crazy with my girlfriends.
    • Fall in love and be loved in return.
    • Get up on stage at an improv show and make people laugh.
    • Cycle to work every day.
    • Indulge my creative side with art and photography.
    • Work hard to make the world a bit of a better place.
    • Be there for the people who matter to me most.

List of things I can only do when I reach my goal weight:
    • Wear smaller sized clothes.

Enough said.
  • titania_one
    titania_one Posts: 26 Member
    panchango wrote: »
    Congrats on your progress. The last thing I did to keep my motivation is put 20 lbs of weight in a back pack and carry it around for a while to mimic me at my heaviest. When I took it off, it felt good and helped keep me heading in the right direction.

This is a fantastic idea! I don't "see" too much different but 17lbs are gone so I may try this just for fun! Thanks!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    PaigeJay93 wrote: »
    So, so far I have lost 40 pounds since I was at my biggest! I'm proud of myself so far, but I still have another 60 to go! I'm almost half way there, but I can't wait to be thin! I keep thinking of all the things I am going to do when I reach my goal weight, but not about right now! I guess what I'm trying to say is, how do you all stay motivated, I feel like I am running out of patience! I think I am just feeling the monday blues haha!

Congratulations on your weight loss! You're doing terrific!

I am 83 pounds lighter than I was in my mid-twenties. After years of yo yo dieting (but never getting to 220 pounds again), I feel great being fit. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My advice is to just live your life to the fullest while you are on your weight loss journey, and don't wait to do those things you want to do, do them NOW. Get out and have fun!

Losing weight does not make a person happy, or create a perfect life, or anything like that. What's most important is the here and now, being happy now, and living life now.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    I guess it's down to confidence - I think I will feel like I will be able to put myself out there more if I was more happier with my body. But you are right - I will still be the same person!

I had to learn how to love myself and my body no matter what my size before I could make the firm decision to lose weight and work to keep it off. :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Am I the only person who sang this title to the tune of "I just can't wait to be King" from The Lion King? :s
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    So, so far I have lost 40 pounds since I was at my biggest! I'm proud of myself so far, but I still have another 60 to go! I'm almost half way there, but I can't wait to be thin! I keep thinking of all the things I am going to do when I reach my goal weight, but not about right now! I guess what I'm trying to say is, how do you all stay motivated, I feel like I am running out of patience! I think I am just feeling the monday blues haha!

Start doing those things ... don't wait! :)

• bonniegoodeye
    bonniegoodeye Posts: 290 Member
    panchango wrote: »
    The last thing I did to keep my motivation is put 20 lbs of weight in a back pack and carry it around for a while to mimic me at my heaviest. When I took it off, it felt good and helped keep me heading in the right direction.

That is an awesome idea! I've lost 19 lbs since March 27 and do feel lighter on my feet, but I bet it would be a shocker to feel how I was 19 lbs heavier in immediate contrast to now. <makes mental note to try this tonight>
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    I get what you are saying, and although I can do anything now that I can do at my goal, I am excited about having a larger wardrobe. I have many smaller sizes in my closet and storage right now, and I have enough clothes that fit me currently, so I refuse to buy any more clothes until I hit my ultimate goal. I keep trying things on periodically, and it's always a thrill when something fits that I couldn't wear before! :)
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    New shoes! Because those will still fit when you lose weight but having new kicks to wear walking/jogging sure make me get up more!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Bikini-Ready.png

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Love yourself now and in every stride you take. Because you've been strong enough mentally to make it this far, don't let that make you crumble. Don't wait until you're some arbitrary number or measurement to do something you've always wanted to.

Life is for living!

I lived nearly my entire adult life terrified of being myself and being seen. Because I was overweight or because I thought I was ugly. I was afraid of being judged just by walking into a store or crowded room. I thought, "If I'm fit, things will be different. I'll be different."

It was a lie.

Nothing changed. In fact, the changes caused a ripple effect in my family of cruel scrutiny and poking/prodding of my successes. But I realized then that I should have never have been afraid to be myself. That my heart and mentality was the key to my happiness and not the mirror or the scale. I rose above any doubt and became a stronger person and there are so many things I do now that I wished I'd done years ago. I only get treated differently because my personality is more bubbly. I'm more alive and vibrant. That would have shown through at 170 lbs or 120 lbs.

Love yourself ♡.