Just Another Plateau and Weigh-In Thread

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I only started using MFP 3 weeks ago, so what I am seeing may just be the initial phase. This is what my graph looks like so far:
    emr2t6iyw3bv.png

My weight loss up to now is surprisingly linear.

I set my goals using the calculator when I joined and said I wanted to lose 1 kg/week. I was surprised when I started losing 2 kg a week. If it continues like this, I am going to hit my goal weight by the end of the month. I have thought about reducing the deficit, but then I keep expecting it to slow down to the predicted 1 kg/week anyway. If it doesn't slow down before I hit 81 kg, I'm going to re-evaluate my goals and reduce the deficit.

Note: the daily weighing only started on April 20 when I bought a new, more accurate scales.

It was very linear at first for me too... after about 2 months that's when it started being really weird, with stalls of 2-3 weeks every month.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    aimeerace wrote: »
    I love this. I love you. I haven't lost any weight since reading it though. :lol:

So you're saying reading this post actually causes plateaus?

ceoverturf wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »
    I love this. I love you. I haven't lost any weight since reading it though. :lol:

You've probably plateaued

Giggle Snort. It's such a good post. It really summed up the frustration of many on here that see these threads day in day out.
    I'm off to find the vote to sticky a stickyable thread now...
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    I downloaded the libra app for this very reason
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    I reject your logic and substitute my own. Clearly I did not lose any weight between September 5th and October 5th. A whole month WASTED!! :'(

u02zpbk992zs.jpg
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    TL;DR, sorry....snort...Okay, I'm not. Plateaus don't exist, eating too much does :smiley:

THIS!!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    TL;DR, sorry....snort...Okay, I'm not. Plateaus don't exist, eating too much does :smiley:

This.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    wahoowad wrote: »
    Fine. I guess I'll be the lone voice to say how arrogant you seem to dictate what others can post. You could have posted a very helpful thread about plateaus and avoided the insults and looked like a great guy.

Just don't read any threads with plateau in it if it irritates you so much.

Debbie+Downer.png?resize=400%2C225
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    edited May 2015
    SLLRunner wrote: »

This.

This.
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Bumping this thread until it's a sticky.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Great thread. Yes the initial post is lengthy, but I don't think there is a really concise way to convey that information.

It drives me nuts when someone starts a thread with "I lost X pounds in March and then barely lost anything in April, OMG plateau!!!". Weight fluctuates a lot, you probably lost <X in March (maybe you had a super light day at the end of the month compared with a super heavy day at the beginning of the month) and you probably lost more than you think in April.

Then when things eventually work themselves out you get the thread that they broke their plateau by eating more or cutting carbs or shocking their body or toxin cleanse or whatever other random thing they just happened to do right before they lost some water weight.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Actually this thread needs stickied... how do we achieve that?

Thanks for reading! There is a 'nominate posts for a sticky' sticky.

Me thinks you think too highly of this thread.

Someone asked @ncboiler89 if there was a way to get the thread stickied. He responded. He wasn't saying "Hey everyone go nominate my thread" :lol:
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member

I think the popularity of this thread has hit a plateau...possibly even popularity starvation mode. The OP should increase his posting to shock the website and get the thread popularity moving again.