From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2015
    terizius wrote: »
    Gen, thank you so much for the shout out to my website. Your story was incredible and really brought a lot of value to both the site and your "fans" on MFP. In fact, you are my #1 story so far!

I've read through this post and saw that a number of people are interested in hearing more detail about your transformation, routine, etc. That's exactly the response that I was hoping for when I first contacted you. If you are up for it, I'd love for you to write another story that goes into more detail regarding your diet and routine. I'm sure the readers here would appreciate it as well.

Also, I need to get your husbands story too! I didn't realize that both of you had such great success! Ask him if he would be interested please.

Its the stories of people like you and him that provide the inspiration for us all to keep on the path.

I missed the reference to your website. If Gen doesn't mind, could you please re-reference it, or PM me? I'm curious. I do a workout with a kettlebell now, and have gained back some weight (about seven pounds from my profile picture) from eating too much and too much of the wrong food. I am interested in increasing the weight I lift, so I ordered a bigger kettlebell. I'm going from 15 to 20 pounds. I'm interested in what your website says so I can gain even more inspiration and get my head in the right place to eat right.

Gen, thank you so much for posting your story, including the wonderful pictures. You were beautiful before, but now you really shine. Congratulations on your effort and on the results.
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    you go gurl....
    You look so good.
    Cant wait till I can show my before and after....
    Your transformation just made me wanna go do some stairs or something....LOL.....WTG!!!!
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Thank you for the post, inspiration is what I need. You are beautiful and FIT as heck!!! Congratulations to you, I would like to add you as a friend as I need inspiring people like you.....
  • facelegtoe
    facelegtoe Posts: 16 Member
    Amazing transformation! I've just re-started my weightloss plan today. I'm 30 and a UK size 20. I'm bookmarking this post for inspiration!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member

People called me selfish, obsessed, annoying and many other things during my journey. There were many times where people were less than encouraging or supportive then I expected, but it's my life, not theirs.... If you persevere, never give up and do it right (the healthy way), you'll hear those things too so get ready. It's not easy because people sometimes do not understand but you must do it for you and press on, regardless of what family, friends or whoever else, might say about it... :heart:

Totally agree with this. Luckily my close friends understood when I would skip happy hour and go to the gym instead, or in the beginning, I skipped going to happy hour just so I wasn't tempted to go overboard. It was the other friends who told me skipping a workout wouldn't make a difference, that I needed to go out and have fun. I learned to ignore this and do my own thing for me. Little did they know that I really liked my workout and didn't like to miss them, going to the gym is not torture for me...like you, I like to lift heavy things :)

• ayanna32
    ayanna32 Posts: 83 Member
    Your my freaking hero! I'm in love with lifting and you have sealed the deal on it! Thanks for sharing your lovely progress!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Gen, thank you so much for the shout out to my website. Your story was incredible and really brought a lot of value to both the site and your "fans" on MFP. In fact, you are my #1 story so far!

I've read through this post and saw that a number of people are interested in hearing more detail about your transformation, routine, etc. That's exactly the response that I was hoping for when I first contacted you. If you are up for it, I'd love for you to write another story that goes into more detail regarding your diet and routine. I'm sure the readers here would appreciate it as well.

Also, I need to get your husbands story too! I didn't realize that both of you had such great success! Ask him if he would be interested please.

Its the stories of people like you and him that provide the inspiration for us all to keep on the path.

Yes! I would love to. I'll start working on that!! And hubby plans to send his story in also. :smiley:

I am blown away by all of the responses and the outpouring of love from everyone. Thank you all SO much for the kind words, I will try to answer any questions that I see! You guys can do this too!! :heart:
  • sanifr
    sanifr Posts: 41 Member
    Great job!
  • GenElizabeth
    edited May 2015

I missed the reference to your website. If Gen doesn't mind, could you please re-reference it, or PM me? I'm curious. I do a workout with a kettlebell now, and have gained back some weight (about seven pounds from my profile picture) from eating too much and too much of the wrong food. I am interested in increasing the weight I lift, so I ordered a bigger kettlebell. I'm going from 15 to 20 pounds. I'm interested in what your website says so I can gain even more inspiration and get my head in the right place to eat right.

Gen, thank you so much for posting your story, including the wonderful pictures. You were beautiful before, but now you really shine. Congratulations on your effort and on the results.

Thanks everyone! :blush:

Here is the link for where my story is:
    http://www.realbodiesrealresults.com/gen.html

I will be writing in more detail about what helped get me to where I am so it's a bit basic at the moment but check back soon for more info there! And 20lb kettlebell is awesome. I use a 25lb kb currently so that's great, keep it up! Do what's heavy to YOU. :wink:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member

Thanks everyone! :blush:

Here is the link for where my story is:
    http://www.realbodiesrealresults.com/gen.html

I will be writing in more detail about what helped get me to where I am so it's a bit basic at the moment but check back soon for more info there! And 20lb kettlebell is awesome. I use a 25lb kb currently so that's great, keep it up! Do what's heavy to YOU. :wink:

I'll be so very glad to hear more details whenever you get a chance and I'm grateful and glad with what you've shared already --it is so doable and so not intimidating to me at all--for which I am thrilled.

Also, You have NO idea how many people you are helping by posting this thread/sharing your testimony. Also, I wanted to share a link I just got from you that I think is going to help me A LOT (and maybe lots of others) in this battle of the bulge. It's a Net vs. Gross calorie counter. I'd been depending somewhat on Mfp (knowing it's just a average or something) and my Nike Fitness watch (which is also not very accurate)--but this link, I believe is going to truly help me begin to see some more REAL progress (a.k.a consistent weight loss) and I'm so grateful you shared this link:

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/net-versus-gross-calorie-burn-conversion-calculator.aspx

I entered in my cals I burnt today on this calculator you shared and it's almost less than HALF of what I was going by. :o This is bad news, but super EXCELLENT news at the same for me--because it going to help me gage my truer cals burnt and thus my eating allowance for the day too!

{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}
  • ledonnelly75
    ledonnelly75 Posts: 9 Member
    Inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
  • pitchfordmalisa
    pitchfordmalisa Posts: 5 Member
    I usually just read...not comment but you having the same stats as me and seeing your before and after photos was like a forehead hit moment for me. You look AMAZING!!! I am not trying to get down to 135 as I'm preferring to have a little more "booty" than me at 135# (lol). I was never overweight until I had my kids. As I get older, my life slows down but the pounds rise up =(. Seeing this has renewed my drive. (I say this after I just had a breakfast burrito lol). Seeing before and after pics of someone of my stature is real motivation for me...Thank you!!!
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Amazing! Did you do a DVD or your own routine?
  • GenElizabeth
    Thanks guys! :blush:

NewLIFE, I'm glad that link helped you! :grin:

pitchford, so awesome you found inspiration here. I never had a booty either, BUT after 16 months of perfecting the squat, doing step ups, hip thrusts and other compound exercises, I now am starting to get one! I was as flat as a pancake before, with very WIDE upper hips and an oversized bust, not good! Work hard, be consistent and you can change your body into what you want but it takes time and patience! :wink:

JillianRN, Thank you! I have always done my own routines. I don't have very good coordination so I tend to not follow dvds very well at all, plus the trainers annoy me after a few times.. :open_mouth: : I don't follow any lifting programs either. My main focus was, and still is, doing compound exercises, every day: squats, step ups, presses, lunges, etc. and keeping my protein up, at least 100g a day.

I am currently working on putting something together that is similar to what my routines have been, so people can see how very simple it actually is and how anyone can do this. I'll be updating my story with the details on my diet and exercise routines on http://www.realbodiesrealresults.com very soon. Hopefully that will help!

Wishing you all the best! :heart:
  • glfernandes828
    glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
    You look incredible!!! You go girl. And omg I LOVE strength training too. I used to be scared of doing it cuz I didn't want to get bulky muscles but now that I started, I can't stop. Love the feeling when I leave the gym after a really good workout. Ahh feels so good!!! I'm curious, how do you break up your workouts throughout the week? Like I do arms and back one day then legs another and I do abs almost every time I go, is that a good idea or should I be doing something different to maximize efficiency??
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Damn girl. Those legs! That's exactly how I want my legs to look!! Amazing
  • Deleval417
    Deleval417 Posts: 9 Member
    May I ask what calorie calculator and deficit did you use?
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    You look amazing! We have similar stats but I don't look nearly as strong as you do!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!