Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Ugg, I always feel gross when I walk past an obvious spit puddle.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Russandol wrote: »
    I was so flippant about my food baby/gain after that giant May Day brunch, thinking it'd go away in a few days. It hasn't. I'm STILL gaining, despite going back to normal (even more restricted than normal) eating. I'm up almost another pound in five days and it's doing my head in because I tend to let what I weigh in the morning dictate how I feel for the rest of the day. I've been angry at myself for a week now. (That on top of the work stress I'm buckling under is not helping. *sigh*)

Not worth it! Toss the scale or put it away for a while. Rely on measurements and how you feel in your clothes. That silly # on the scale should not dictate your day. Sorry about the work stress.

I do sometimes stop to wonder why I fixate so much on the number on the scale. I mean, no one (apart from nurses at health checkups) has ever asked me point-blank: "How much do you weigh?" Also, for the last two days, I've felt pretty okay about my body in the morning before I stepped on the scale. Then I weigh myself and *poof* goes that good mood. Meh.

I should probably stop weighing myself every day. Make it once a week or go a month without weighing myself at all.

... wow, I sound whiny today. Here, people, have a kitten:
    i9ugfmx0eibk.jpg

And thank you for the sympathies, @BZAH10!

Kitten!!! THAT is what my scale is missing! I have a food scale similar to that that I've never used. It sits on top of my fridge. Now every time I see it I'll picture it with a kitten in it.

I'm always so torn with kitten pictures. On one hand, ohh how cute. On the other, look at that evil ball of itchy eyes and closed up throat sitting there like it's all sweet and innocent.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    I confess that I don't like Oreos. But give me a bag of Famous Amos any kind and I'm in.
  • asayrtransport
    asayrtransport Posts: 7 Member
    franksl87e wrote: »
    I keep changing my weekly goals (first week!) from 2lb to 1.5lb depending on what I know I still want to eat that day!!

I do that as well lol
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's because of different time zones, but when I get in here there are always 100+ new posts, I catch up and then it's like *crickets* for the rest of my afternoon.

I'm bored at work, guys, I need some distractions!

Yes, that is exactly how my day goes, too!

My time zone is so different that the posters here tend to be active between 9 PM and 6 AM. So I catch up every morning when I first wake up, then it's dead 'til nighttime again! (It's nearly 11PM here right now)
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    rjtlg2208 wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Thank you for sharing. I literally LOLed and would be/have been guilty of similar things peanut butter related.

If you're starting from the beginning, you have a long way to go my friend

related: I have a snack of 1 tbsp of coarse ground almond butter every afternoon. I prep it every morning, it has its own little tupperware.

I eat it in small bites with a spoon, and it tastes like heaven at 3:30 every day

I somehow think that this'd be a great repurposing of ex-dollhouse utensilry... ;)

(...perhaps in a kind of Tiny Spoons for Tiny Treats form of 'recycling' program...?) :)

On a somewhat related note, I once found myself suddenly facing a box of new-to-me tiny chocolate chip cookies (made with nummy ingredients (e.g. Belgian chocolate, Madagascar vanilla), and surprisingly little sugar)... and bought them, and find myself a bit tickled by their tiny tastiness... and while I could perhaps 'accomplish' a similar 'feat', were I to simply bake a batch of cookies and break them into a 'million' pieces (as though I ever stood a chance of 'fooling' myself into subsequently thinking I'm consuming anything in the vicinity of 'dozens' of cookies! lol ;) ), I nonetheless seem to find myself rather enamored of partaking of 'so many' of those tiny 'prefab', tasty-ingredient-laden 'pieces' (and which 'add up to' 'not much at all' (especially if/when compared to regular-sized cookies))... anyway, they satisfy an occasional 'cookie fix' that seems to 'waft' through my mind, at times (and would seem to be about as close as I'll ever get to sampling anything resembling 'dollhouse miniatures' ;) )...
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Confession: I stayed up way later than I should have finishing a book last night...but still got up at 5 to go to the gym, so at least there's that.

Taking a few days off from the gym while I was away definitely did me some good. Felt stronger lifting today!

That happens with me, as well... and somehow always 'surprises' me, somewhat... and despite my being able to posit various plausible theories as to 'why' such a reality occurs (i.e. stronger after being 'away' from such for a few days), I nonetheless find myself surprised anew, each and every time it happens... :)

(...it's as though the possibility of 'deconditioning' -- and specifically, the concept thereof -- has some sort of 'armwrestling match' (somewhere in my mind) with the 'rest can result in gained strength' concept... and always seems to come out the wary 'winner'... until reality suddenly 'raises the arm' of the 'gained strength' 'contestant'... ;) )

(...what is perhaps most likely the case, however, is that I know I can't 'predict' or otherwise 'count on' any specific episode of 'rest' resulting in gained or otherwise 'renewed' strength, and thus... would seem to err on the side of caution, and 'brace myself', somewhat, for the potential reality of having 'lost' something, strength-wise, or stamina-wise... (which is perhaps 'best', what with it subsequently allowing for my being pleasantly surprised each and every time a subsequent post-rest gain is observed/experienced... :) ))

I get the same way. I assume going to the gym 6 days a week will make me stronger/faster, but really, if I took a day or two off, I'd be in better shape by day 6 than if I pushed myself to the limit for the previous 5. Logic has no place here.
    Well, perhaps not the logic we'd *prefer* (but not really (if that makes sense :p ))...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I had no idea there were so many Oreo flavours. I thought there was regular, golden and red velvet. I may have heard of one or two others, but never cotton candy, or cookie dough, or rootbeer float.

We get so ripped off in Canada

ETA: except we have way less icky bugs, so that makes me feel better

Soooo true! (both statements)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I was so flippant about my food baby/gain after that giant May Day brunch, thinking it'd go away in a few days. It hasn't. I'm STILL gaining, despite going back to normal (even more restricted than normal) eating. I'm up almost another pound in five days and it's doing my head in because I tend to let what I weigh in the morning dictate how I feel for the rest of the day. I've been angry at myself for a week now. (That on top of the work stress I'm buckling under is not helping. *sigh*)

Not worth it! Toss the scale or put it away for a while. Rely on measurements and how you feel in your clothes. That silly # on the scale should not dictate your day. Sorry about the work stress.

I do sometimes stop to wonder why I fixate so much on the number on the scale. I mean, no one (apart from nurses at health checkups) has ever asked me point-blank: "How much do you weigh?" Also, for the last two days, I've felt pretty okay about my body in the morning before I stepped on the scale. Then I weigh myself and *poof* goes that good mood. Meh.

I should probably stop weighing myself every day. Make it once a week or go a month without weighing myself at all.

i9ugfmx0eibk.jpg

That kitten would put me over my calorie limit for the day, sorry. Someone else will have to eat it.

*snort* My coworkers are going to think I'm nuts.
    I'm assuming it's because of different time zones, but when I get in here there are always 100+ new posts, I catch up and then it's like *crickets* for the rest of my afternoon.

I'm bored at work, guys, I need some distractions!

Me too. I am in Central Time zone.

I'm in mountain time zone, so that means I still have just over 3 hours left of work. :disappointed:

Eastern. 26 minutes. :)
    JPW1990 wrote: »

i9ugfmx0eibk.jpg

Kitten!!! THAT is what my scale is missing! I have a food scale similar to that that I've never used. It sits on top of my fridge. Now every time I see it I'll picture it with a kitten in it.

I'm always so torn with kitten pictures. On one hand, ohh how cute. On the other, look at that evil ball of itchy eyes and closed up throat sitting there like it's all sweet and innocent.

I'm starting to think we were separated at birth...
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Finally fully caught up!

Inspection went well enough - few things to fix, but still green status!

I did not miss my job one bit while I was away, and am totally annoyed at being back. I was literally so busy dealing with stuff that should have been done while I was gone that I had no time to eat lunch until 3:15. Time to kick the job search into gear, me thinks.
    Why did I read the Oreo thread? Now I just want to stab them all.

The posters or the oreos?

Watermelon Oreo season is almost upon us. This delectable treat is found at Target stores, sorry Canada, even though you're half French, you didn't take to the French Superstore.

After Watermelon Oreo season comes Candy Corn Oreo Season.

It's going to be a sweet summer and fall :)

Candy corn Oreos were so disappointing to me. Love Oreos, love candy corn! Unfortunately they don't taste like candy corn just Oreos imo
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I really honestly feel bad for some of the question askers around here. Whoa, tough crowd.

I feel bad for some of them too, especially when it's someone that is new to the site. Some people just don't have the health/weight loss knowledge and are looking for real advice and people attack them...and then there are the idiots, so ya know.

Yeah. but my take on it is this. I did A LOT of reading on this site before I began contributing to the threads. I still haven't started a thread. People should learn the site, and the SEARCH FUNCTION, before posting about how they are going to do a cleanse for a jump start of their metabolism.

Agreed. I wouldn't ask a 'help me' question here. No way! Other than my hard boiled egg question I asked on this thread. lol
    I agree about searching first. Search the millions of "why am I not loosing" threads. 99% of the answers are the same.

100% agree
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    edited May 2015
    Confession: I keep hearing 'you can't out exercise a bad diet', but I'm gonna try anyway. :p

Have you ever seen what Michael Phelps eats?

Oh, my, yes... holy crap... what a grand 'opposite' of most people's circumstance his is... what with his practically 'needing' to rely on all kinds of high-calorie foods to as-efficiently-as-possible replace-as-well-as-fuel-for incredible caloric losses/burns...

I remember various journalists attempting to eat even a fraction of what Michael Phelps would eat for that day's 'breakfast', and most got sick before coming close to completing such (which isn't surprising, given what it represented (and far exceeded) relative to what constitutes anywhere-near-a-'norm' for most other humans)...

It actually presents one heckuva dilemma... It'd drive me nuts to have to eat so much of practically 'anything', in order to fuel a 'furnace' that's plowing through so many thousands of calories in a day (for his 2008 Olympics competition days)... O. M. G.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    I had no idea there were so many Oreo flavours. I thought there was regular, golden and red velvet. I may have heard of one or two others, but never cotton candy, or cookie dough, or rootbeer float.

We get so ripped off in Canada

ETA: except we have way less icky bugs, so that makes me feel better

Soooo true! I love, well all food, but non traditional Oreos seems so wrong. I haven't tried any of them.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    I think Oreos are highly overrated. I never, ever buy them. Plain chips-ahoy dipped in milk plzkthx.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

i9ugfmx0eibk.jpg

Lol! I love kittens but yeah, cats can be pretty evil.

So I'm having a bag of cauliflower for dinner in order to try and keep a small deficit today after all, while I'm taking my kids to the mall for dinner (because my daughter broke her lunchbox, like it's the best time of the year to find one, and I'm too lazy to make dinner after hunting for one). And my husband is joining us... so they're all going to have dinner there and I'll just get to watch.

This diet thing sucks sometimes.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I think Oreos are highly overrated. I never, ever buy them. Plain chips-ahoy dipped in milk plzkthx.
    I buy them because I'm not really interested in them, and my kids don't over-eat them. That's a bit of a sad reason, now that I see it in print.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I buy them because I'm not really interested in them, and my kids don't over-eat them. That's a bit of a sad reason, now that I see it in print.

LOl I don't think it is sad at all. They are the only cookies I buy for the same reason I don't like them and my son will only eat one or two. I look at it as a win-win. :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Confession: I keep hearing 'you can't out exercise a bad diet', but I'm gonna try anyway. :p

Have you ever seen what Michael Phelps eats?

Oh, my, yes... holy crap... what a grand 'opposite' of most people's circumstance his is... what with his practically 'needing' to rely on all kinds of high-calorie foods to as-efficiently-as-possible replace-as-well-as-fuel-for incredible caloric losses/burns...

I remember various journalists attempting to eat even a fraction of what Michael Phelps would eat for that day's 'breakfast', and most got sick before coming close to completing such (which isn't surprising, given what it represented (and far exceeded) relative to what constitutes anywhere-near-a-'norm' for most other humans)...

It actually presents one heckuva dilemma... It'd drive me nuts to have to eat so much of practically 'anything', in order to fuel a 'furnace' that's plowing through so many thousands of calories in a day (for his 2008 Olympics competition days)... O. M. G.

I read something about a good portion of what Michael Phelps burns in calories is just his body trying to regulate temperature.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    I don't know if anyone else saw it, but this thread amused me for a bit: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10156734/eating-paleo-dreaming-of-grain/p1
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    bbontheb wrote: »

No, it's all down to anxiety. I know it seems strange, but in kids anxiety presents a lot like ADHD - trouble sitting still, excessive talking, impulsive behavior and along with that the anxious kids get panic attacks and obsessive thoughts. He did do really well and I'm hoping he can continue to try that technique, it was just a little frustrating to hear him put it like that since I have been intimately familiar with all his teachers and office staff for the last five years.

Aw, that sounds so stressful for him. I have generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks and ocd behaviours (not like typical ocd but non-stop intrusive though). I also have adhd and thus why I asked. I've had anxiety since childhood and two of my sons have it in varying degrees but haven't had too much disruption yet in classroom (interrupting, not focusing, etc). Well, a it's manageable amount for now...sending you best of luck. I might have to try that technique with my own kids!

It sucks. I've actually been considering homeschooling for a year or two- which I never thought I would do - just to give him a little break from always being in trouble and to experiment with ways he can control it better. Thank you :smile: