Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    icanplay3 wrote: »
    I had a "load weekend" last weekend (bad idea because I just had to re-lose the 4 lbs I lost!) and I baked these amazing delicious Ghirardelli Ultimate brownies in an 8x8 pan. I ate a couple brownies throughout the weekend, my daughter and friend also helped eat the brownies. When Monday came and I was going back to eating at a deficit, I was mad that no one was eating the rest of the brownies! There were probably about 4 left by Monday. So I ate them. ALL OF THEM! Because I needed them out of my sight so I could "focus" on eating "healthy" the rest of the week. Ugh. When will I learn. LOL

I do that too. I feel like I shouldn't just throw it away and waste it, so I "have" to finish it. So dumb.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    edited May 2015
    This one made me laugh, her responses remind me of how I reason with my little sister: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10157196/thermogenics-make-me-tired/p1
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... I am about 35 lbs less so far this year. 20lbs I've lost in April alone. In ApriI I cycled over 420 miles and I lift but I know I am not reaching my net calorie goals. But I haven't stalled yet. This isn't my first rodeo so until the stall happens I am staying the course. I will say I know my body well and I do eat extra on the weekends to make up for it and to keep my body 'guessing' with the constant change ups but ATM the pounds are falling off like one every other day. I commute to work so that's 19-20 miles per day I ride which is everyday weather allows..

Biking to work? That's awesome!

:):D Thanks! It's hard sometimes but I make myself do it. 7 miles to work, 12-13 back home (I have more time to stretch the ride out longer). Now I depend on it!
    In reality, it's about the only way I can squeeze in the exercise time. I am a single dad who has custody of my 9 year old so 'our' time between 5pm work & her 8:30pm bedtime is homework, dinner, shower, bed, laundry prep for the next day. If only my work day went nearly as fast as the evening time at home. lol

AMEN
  • Italian_Buju
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I had no idea there were so many Oreo flavours. I thought there was regular, golden and red velvet. I may have heard of one or two others, but never cotton candy, or cookie dough, or rootbeer float.

We get so ripped off in Canada

THIS
    Like is it really THAT hard just to make the extra flavors of things (HELLO PEANUT BUTTER CAPTAIN CRUNCH), in both places??
  • Winterbaby2014
    Winterbaby2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Confession ;
    If I'm having a bad day, and don't input my calories in MFP, then the calories don't count.
    Or I just won't count them after breakfast and end my day there- MFP then moans at me for not eating enough
  • Winterbaby2014
    Winterbaby2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Confession ;
    If I'm having a bad day, and don't input my calories in MFP, then the calories don't count.
    Or I just won't count them after breakfast and end my day there- MFP then moans at me for not eating enough

If I'm having bad day, I won't input my calories in MFP * (makes more sense now)

(Sorry for double post!)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    This one made me laugh, her responses remind me of how I reason with my little sister: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10157196/thermogenics-make-me-tired/p1

I love that she's just going to keep arguing until someone tells her what she wants to hear. smh, people are telling her that they ended up in the hospital and she just asks them how long they took them for. I just want to shake her.

ETA: Aww, they closed it.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    I had no idea there were so many Oreo flavours. I thought there was regular, golden and red velvet. I may have heard of one or two others, but never cotton candy, or cookie dough, or rootbeer float.

THIS
    Like is it really THAT hard just to make the extra flavors of things (HELLO PEANUT BUTTER CAPTAIN CRUNCH), in both places??

Exactly. I want all the fun flavors of pop-tarts, pop and cereal. Like, why can't I get Vanilla Coke anymore? Or Cherry Coke? (I mean, I add vanilla or cherry vodka to get the flavors, but having just flavored pop would be nice).
  • Italian_Buju
    I'm assuming it's because of different time zones, but when I get in here there are always 100+ new posts, I catch up and then it's like *crickets* for the rest of my afternoon.

I'm bored at work, guys, I need some distractions!

This happens to me a lot too, when I finally get time to post here, I look like a crazy person posting 20 quotes and replies with nothing in between and then NOTHING.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member

THIS

Exactly. I want all the fun flavors of pop-tarts, pop and cereal. Like, why can't I get Vanilla Coke anymore? Or Cherry Coke? (I mean, I add vanilla or cherry vodka to get the flavors, but having just flavored pop would be nice).

Yes, yes, 100000000000 X yes!! Vanilla Coke, white chocolate KitKat, white chocolate Reese's, white chocolate M&Ms, pumpkin pop tarts, fancy Oreos... I don't even care much for the regular ones, except the (wait for it...) white chocolate covered ones, which we do get here at Christmas... but I'd sure like to try some alternatives.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member

THIS

OMG! You don't get PB Captain Crunch in Canada?????? How sad!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Lefty1290 wrote: »

THIS

OMG! You don't get PB Captain Crunch in Canada?????? How sad!

I don't know, I've never looked for it.... but I do know we don't get Crunchberries.

Do you guys get Crunchberries? (They may be long gone, I'm probably dating myself here)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    My confession is that sometimes I have skipped breakfast or lunch on days where I know that I'll be having alcohol. It's terrible and I know it, but it feels so good to have a couple of glasses of wine and still be within my calories.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    My confession is that sometimes I have skipped breakfast or lunch on days where I know that I'll be having alcohol. It's terrible and I know it, but it feels so good to have a couple of glasses of wine and still be within my calories.

Drinking on an empty stomach is fun too
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Confession - People think I have it way more together than I do. I have a lot together but I have a lot not together too.

Drivers who make a point to speed up and pull in front of someone just to slow down makes me nuts. Why speed up to pull in front of me (when you had plenty of space in your own lane) to then slow to five or seven miles below the posted speed limit. Or worse, the drivers who can't drive a consistent speed. Usually I see either type of driver doing something else while driving, (smoking and talking on the phone, eating, doing makeup, reading, texting....UGH!)
  • nonoelmo
    Confession
    Sometimes I'll have Luna protein bars as a meal.... more than once a day if I really don't have time to stop and cook. I don't do it often but I've done it recently. Like today.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member

Drinking on an empty stomach is fun too

Saves money AND calories because I get drunk on less. Just need to avoid eating while drunk.
  • nonoelmo
    edited May 2015
    bbontheb wrote: »

No, it's all down to anxiety. I know it seems strange, but in kids anxiety presents a lot like ADHD - trouble sitting still, excessive talking, impulsive behavior and along with that the anxious kids get panic attacks and obsessive thoughts. He did do really well and I'm hoping he can continue to try that technique, it was just a little frustrating to hear him put it like that since I have been intimately familiar with all his teachers and office staff for the last five years.

Aw, that sounds so stressful for him. I have generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks and ocd behaviours (not like typical ocd but non-stop intrusive though). I also have adhd and thus why I asked. I've had anxiety since childhood and two of my sons have it in varying degrees but haven't had too much disruption yet in classroom (interrupting, not focusing, etc). Well, a it's manageable amount for now...sending you best of luck. I might have to try that technique with my own kids!

It sucks. I've actually been considering homeschooling for a year or two- which I never thought I would do - just to give him a little break from always being in trouble and to experiment with ways he can control it better. Thank you :smile:

I homeschooled for a year. It really helped both my kids after a horrible year for both of them in public school.

I looked at the state standards for each grade then I looked that the available curriculum for purchase. I didn't like anything so I wrote / chose my own. I used a combination of text-books, online teaching sites, online educational sites, the library, used book stores, and many other resources. I actually dedicated more time to it than my kids did and I was a full time graduate student at the time. Both kids went back to school (a different than the first school) the next year. My gifted daughter led the school in grades and as a natural leader. My special needs son was on grade level for everything but math and spelling (hmmm he's been back in school five years and he's still behind in those.) So, I didn't ruin the kids. We spent three hours a day doing structured work then there was less structured time in the afternoon. I had them involved in activities with other kids. I called on friends with special skills (i.e. an artist) to teach those areas. It was a good year! Each state has vastly different rules. I only had to have a notarized form stating I would teach the five core subjects. There was no testing and no followup required. I did grade and keep records but NOTHING was required or asked for by the state.

Edit to add
    I hope I explained that in a manner that what I mean is conveyed. My son in particular was pretty traumatized by school and would end up crying under his desk in math every single day. Even in homeschool he wanted to go under the table for months. It was a process to get him to enjoy learning anything for awhile. Now he even enjoys math class. Homeschooling gave both kids time to recover from the stressful situation they'd been in at school. When they returned to school it was a small charter that worked well for a few years. Now my daughter is at a highly ranked college prep high school and my son is at a very progressive private school. My son's school is actually very similar to how I homeschooled. Both kids love where they are and are thriving. I wanted my story to be an encouragement that homeschooling even for a short while can be a great time of healing and learning for children.

There are lots of resources and groups online too. Good luck with whatever you decide. :smile:
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member

THIS

I suspect in a lot of cases it's because we use ingredients down here that are illegal up there. Some brands make two versions, like MIO, others just don't bother.