Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Confession: I'm addicted to this website- not the calories counting (although I enjoy that part) but catching up on the forums where people are getting into heavy discussion- obsessed!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I had no idea there were so many Oreo flavours. I thought there was regular, golden and red velvet. I may have heard of one or two others, but never cotton candy, or cookie dough, or rootbeer float.

We get so ripped off in Canada

THIS
    Like is it really THAT hard just to make the extra flavors of things (HELLO PEANUT BUTTER CAPTAIN CRUNCH), in both places??

OMG! You don't get PB Captain Crunch in Canada?????? How sad!

It is, it really really is :(

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

Ok this made me laugh way too much

When my sister comes to Canada, only once every few years, we always make the trade.

PB Captain Crunch for Coffee Crisp bars
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    Russandol wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Russandol wrote: »
    I was so flippant about my food baby/gain after that giant May Day brunch, thinking it'd go away in a few days. It hasn't. I'm STILL gaining, despite going back to normal (even more restricted than normal) eating. I'm up almost another pound in five days and it's doing my head in because I tend to let what I weigh in the morning dictate how I feel for the rest of the day. I've been angry at myself for a week now. (That on top of the work stress I'm buckling under is not helping. *sigh*)

Not worth it! Toss the scale or put it away for a while. Rely on measurements and how you feel in your clothes. That silly # on the scale should not dictate your day. Sorry about the work stress.

I do sometimes stop to wonder why I fixate so much on the number on the scale. I mean, no one (apart from nurses at health checkups) has ever asked me point-blank: "How much do you weigh?" Also, for the last two days, I've felt pretty okay about my body in the morning before I stepped on the scale. Then I weigh myself and *poof* goes that good mood. Meh.

I should probably stop weighing myself every day. Make it once a week or go a month without weighing myself at all.

... wow, I sound whiny today. Here, people, have a kitten:
    i9ugfmx0eibk.jpg

And thank you for the sympathies, @BZAH10!

That kitten would put me over my calorie limit for the day, sorry. Someone else will have to eat it.

You, you I like!
  • LisaMighton
    LisaMighton Posts: 51 Member
    Uuuuuug. I did good this morning and ran a 7am one hour cycle (though only one other person showed up :( )... wanted to walk an hour today but couldn't drag my body out for that. Then wanted to try to go to a Meetup depression group, to aim for some support, but went to the long location...oops. And while there, ate a chocolate muffin. Willpower sucks; logging but not losing weight yet. That's my confession!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Week ends are the worst. Always bored at home but nobody's posting.

I agree. I have a hard time keeping up during the week then on weekends no one is around!
  • Oberon21
    it creeps me out that more people arent freaked out by casper the friendly ghost and the fact its a dead child

Ok I have to say I never thought of him that way but will now. Casper is ruined for me now!
  • Oberon21
    Talkradio wrote: »
    On the topic of bugs... I'm not exceptionally squeamish about bugs, but centipedes freak me the heck out. Many years ago, I was taking a shower at my parent's house (centipede central), and I thought there was a centipede on my leg. I thrashed around and fell out of the shower through the curtain.

Turns out, it was just a tangle of hair :(

I agree on centipedes. I get silver fish in NJ which are similar. Equally gross. I have them in my condo regularly. Ick. Anything with lots of legs freaks me out.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.
    I SAW THAT!! Did you think we wouldn't notice?!
    Also, no poutine?

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Yuck. Oreos make me want to vomit. At least it's a cookie I will never binge on.

I'm from Canada and our cereal selection sucks. What do you mean about ketchup chips--are they not in the US?!?! One of the best flavours! What about dill pickle and all the other kinds...? Our selection of products is not that great. Smaller population I guess haha
  • snowdevilgirl
    snowdevilgirl Posts: 21 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    it creeps me out that more people arent freaked out by casper the friendly ghost and the fact its a dead child

Ok I have to say I never thought of him that way but will now. Casper is ruined for me now!

I have the same issue with lilo n stich. Homicidal alien meets traumatized child who is about to be taken from her sisters custody by cps. Most "childrens" stories are messed up if you think about them too hard.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member

I have the same issue with lilo n stich. Homicidal alien meets traumatized child who is about to be taken from her sisters custody by cps. Most "childrens" stories are messed up if you think about them too hard.
    I spent the first Harry Potter wondering why social services didn't get involved.
  • Oberon21
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

*snort*

I would've just spit out the bug. I am not a delicate spitter.

I confess, I've swallowed more than a couple of bugs in my lifetime. It's gross, but it's a fact of life when you run outside before sunrise.

Or biking, especially in a wooded area. Blech. Or they fuse to your eyeball (because you're too stubborn to wear sunglasses).

I was going down a particularly steep section of single-track trail and had to pass between two trees. I got a spider web across the face - and the spider came with it! It was on my eyelid and I had my eye shut but I could see the shadow of it moving across my eyelid. I couldn't stop where I was and somehow completed the hill with my eyes shut. I couldn't get it off my face fast enough once I hit flat open ground.

Did I mention I'm scared of spiders?

Yikes. The stinkbug in the shower this morning doesn't seem half as bad anymore.

I kept finding those little b@!$4!&$ in my hotel room in VA. Then just after I got home I found one in my house. I looked it up online to find it was a stink bug and found an article about how they haven't made it to the UK but there are fears about the effect on farming if they do. Must have snuck over in my suitcase. I was worried I was going to cause some kind of ecological disaster. I caught it and flushed it down the loo. Didn't find anymore, so hopefully was just a solo hitchhiker.

And daddy long legs/crane flies are totally harmless aren't they? They don't bother me, just kind of hover around. Moths are what I really hate.

I was going to say, I have NO IDEA what these are and I hope to keep it that way! So what are Horse Flies? Because they bite and I thought they were crane flies, so now I'm confused.

Crane flies are daddy long legs (to us at any rate), they don't bite. Horse flies definitely do. I was in Canada in June a couple of times last year and left totally covered in bites from them. Give me a daddy long legs over one of them any day of the week.

Yea I googled Horse Flies so I now know what I'm killing this summer. I've seen those before and normally brush them off, not this year sunshine! :naughty:

I hate horse flies. Being around horses I am constantly killing them. Often if they have latched into the horse when you kill them there is blood everywhere. I had one chase me into the ocean once and then stalk me. Every time I started to get out it attacked. I was young and didn't get the slapping them to kill them. I was in tears. A fisherman finally came and rescued me by killing it.
  • Oberon21
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.

I confess, all the Oreo thread makes me want to do is eat Oreos.

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)

Is that what it is?? I've been wondering what the jail thing is about. I thought it was a new thing you could have, I didn't realise it's punishment for nasty people.

Yeah and sometimes they put bars on their comments so you can't read them. I am not sure what gets you in trouble with what result but it may have to do with people reporting you. I used to read another thread where some folks kept getting put in jail. But the flirting and sexual innuendo between all these married people finally turned me off. I haven't been back in a while.
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Confession...I eat under 800 calories a day usually to lose weight. :hushed:
  • Oberon21
    I just sped read through the last 2 days as I was behind. This makes me sad as I love reading this thread. But I am tired and need to sleep.

Also I really have to go to the bathroom from all the water I drank before laying down but now my cats are all laying on me purring. I am going to try to ignore the need to go to the bathroom so I don't have to move them and hope I can fall asleep feeling like this...
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member

My kids watched it the other day and I agree. It's a horrible story.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Yuck. Oreos make me want to vomit. At least it's a cookie I will never binge on.

I'm from Canada and our cereal selection sucks. What do you mean about ketchup chips--are they not in the US?!?! One of the best flavours! What about dill pickle and all the other kinds...? Our selection of products is not that great. Smaller population I guess haha

We have Uncle Ray's, pickle and ketchup, both. They're local to Michigan, though, so I'm not sure where else in the US has them?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Confession, not happy today. I seriously want to headbutt my SO. I sat in the cold for 5 hours watching a cricket game for him on Sunday and I think he is going to bail out of my Birthday dinner with my family tonight. Sometimes I can't help but think he is a selfish pri*k.