Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

Exactly. YOU COULD HAVE STILL WON - keep that going for as long as possible!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Lol.. I realised earlier today that I always use the restroom before I have a meal, cause I dont want anything distracting me and taking my focus away from the food. I eat slow and dont wanna have to get up to pee while eating :joy:
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Palmetto bugs are massive. Like they're bulked up on steroids. :flushed:
    When I saw my first Palmetto bug, my DOH! handed me a can of Raid. I looked at him like he was crazy and screamed, "What do you want me to do? Hit it over the head with it?!"

Truly a terrifying moment.

That is hilarious. Batter up! ;)
  • shivanisaka
    shivanisaka Posts: 1 Member
    I have been doing brisk walk 5 times a week for an hour !! and yet last 5 months not my needle on scale seems to be stuck at one place as if a magnet is holding it in place. I confess i have been eating "normally" but do u think its slow metabolism after 40 ??? Please some one say its not my fault.
  • Kalici
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    it creeps me out that more people arent freaked out by casper the friendly ghost and the fact its a dead child

Ok I have to say I never thought of him that way but will now. Casper is ruined for me now!

I have the same issue with lilo n stich. Homicidal alien meets traumatized child who is about to be taken from her sisters custody by cps. Most "childrens" stories are messed up if you think about them too hard.
    I spent the first Harry Potter wondering why social services didn't get involved.

Haha, I spent the first Harry Potter thinking that for a book about wizards, witches and magic it was amazingly realistic that social services didn't get involved.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Confession, not happy today. I seriously want to headbutt my SO. I sat in the cold for 5 hours watching a cricket game for him on Sunday and I think he is going to bail out of my Birthday dinner with my family tonight. Sometimes I can't help but think he is a selfish pri*k.

I vote go with the headbutting!
  • Kalici
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I just sped read through the last 2 days as I was behind. This makes me sad as I love reading this thread. But I am tired and need to sleep.

Also I really have to go to the bathroom from all the water I drank before laying down but now my cats are all laying on me purring. I am going to try to ignore the need to go to the bathroom so I don't have to move them and hope I can fall asleep feeling like this...

This happens to me all the time! If I end up having to move because it becomes desperate I end up feeling really mean, trying to sweet talk my cat and convince her I still love her.

• Kalici
    Confession, not happy today. I seriously want to headbutt my SO. I sat in the cold for 5 hours watching a cricket game for him on Sunday and I think he is going to bail out of my Birthday dinner with my family tonight. Sometimes I can't help but think he is a selfish pri*k.

He owes you all the things for making you watch cricket. Seriously, cricket. *comforts gently*
  • Lois_1989

I vote go with the headbutting!

I might just go celibate for a month. I think that would hurt more...
  • TuraCasey
    TuraCasey Posts: 23 Member
    I had two ice cream sandwiches yesterday. I still came in under my calorie goal, but still. I could have had a better snack (not together, but same day) and the second one I had because I was upset with my kid and needed a comforting treat. It's actually good that I can admit that. Gives me a place to start in fighting this bad habit.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Ate a whole packed of dry roasted nuts in one sitting the other night (100g), just been dancing to Ke$hia
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Ate ice cream today even though I didn't really feel like eating it. I didn't want my kid's free dessert with meal at a restaurant go to waste. What kid doesn't want dessert?? Mine didn't, so I felt it was my duty to not let it go to "waste."
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Confession: I keep hearing 'you can't out exercise a bad diet', but I'm gonna try anyway. :p

Have you ever seen what Michael Phelps eats?

Oh, my, yes... holy crap... what a grand 'opposite' of most people's circumstance his is... what with his practically 'needing' to rely on all kinds of high-calorie foods to as-efficiently-as-possible replace-as-well-as-fuel-for incredible caloric losses/burns...

I remember various journalists attempting to eat even a fraction of what Michael Phelps would eat for that day's 'breakfast', and most got sick before coming close to completing such (which isn't surprising, given what it represented (and far exceeded) relative to what constitutes anywhere-near-a-'norm' for most other humans)...

It actually presents one heckuva dilemma... It'd drive me nuts to have to eat so much of practically 'anything', in order to fuel a 'furnace' that's plowing through so many thousands of calories in a day (for his 2008 Olympics competition days)... O. M. G.

I read something about a good portion of what Michael Phelps burns in calories is just his body trying to regulate temperature.

Did they ever accurately specify how much Michael Phelps actually burned during the Olympics?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member

Yeah that's not cool in that instance he is definitely a selfish prick!
  • Lois_1989
    Kalici wrote: »

He owes you all the things for making you watch cricket. Seriously, cricket. *comforts gently*

Oh I know, I had a book. Didn't stop it being cold though. :neutral:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2015

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!
  • Lois_1989
    spamarie wrote: »

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

Ha ha ha I tried to explain it to my mum the other day. Basically - Cat in a box, it is both dead and alive until you open it and see. Forget about the Geiger counter and the poison, that complicates it too much. :smiley:
  • JonathanP1962
    JonathanP1962 Posts: 111 Member
    Ate ice cream today even though I didn't really feel like eating it. I didn't want my kid's free dessert with meal at a restaurant go to waste. What kid doesn't want dessert?? Mine didn't, so I felt it was my duty to not let it go to "waste."

This is one of my BIG problems - Ive always been the family trash can as both me and my wife were brought up with "clean your plate" families. The first time you stop doing it is really hard - but I got a real sense of achievement from it. In the end its your choice. BTW confession - i had 3 (coughs) bowls of ice cream at the weekend and it triggered 3 days of "binging" , couldnt get out of the sugar loop.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Confession...I eat under 800 calories a day usually to lose weight. :hushed:

Not judging but please get some help.

I confess I've contemplated booking a night at a hotel in a quiet place so I could actually get a good night sleep. I haven't slept well in weeks. My husband snores, is on a loud breathing machine, and has restless leg syndrome and kicks all night. I just can't take it anymore. Every time I end up waking up in the middle of the night (because of his kicks, or I have to pee, or the cat meows or something), I have to go downstairs in the recliner to be able to sleep again, and even then I'm so annoyed that it takes me an hour or more. And it's not exactly comfy.

So I fell asleep at 11pm, woke up at 3.30am, finally fell asleep around 5am and the kids woke me up at 5.30am (WTF kids). I was hungry so I had breakfast early, and my day is probably screwed again because tired + hungry early = bad news.

I confess I'm starting to get really worried about our trip this Summer because I won't have anywhere else to sleep then.