You might be a martial artist if...

Out_of_Bubblegum
Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
You've ever created blisters on the bottoms of your feet without wearing shoes.

Your turn.

Replies

• Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    You go to work with visible bruises on your forearms (particularly those in the shape of handprints from being grabbed around the wrists)
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    You walk by things like signs and doorways and think "I can Kick That"
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    You routinely turn on/off light switches with body parts other than fingers.
  • aeribus
    aeribus Posts: 163 Member
    Yeah, I've done all of these before.

I'll also add, you've ever said things like: "He finished on my back", "Spent the entire weekend on my back", "He wouldn't let me mount him", "I was getting choked last night", "I had a roll with a guy who took his belt off", "I mounted and rode three guys last night till they were exhausted", "why are you walking funny?" "oh my a** is so sore from last night!", "I choked the last cop that touched me." or "you should've seen the size of the guy that I had to get off of me last night".
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    He finished with a "Rear naked"
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    When you are talking to people at home or work and answer 'oss'!
  • treynolds922
    treynolds922 Posts: 30 Member
    you think you have vision like this...
    ce0vdnnddkju.jpg
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    you think you have vision like this...
    Bahahahaha - Guilty.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    You've broken your toe... on the floor
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    kr1stadee wrote: »

Or someone's elbow.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Arianera wrote: »
    You go to work with visible bruises on your forearms (particularly those in the shape of handprints from being grabbed around the wrists)

True story -- had finger-bruises on my arm and had a very nice lady attempt to drag me to the women's shelter.

• Arianera

That's exactly what my son did! He stubbed his toe on the floor while sparring and we are at week 5 of limited activity (hoping he is cleared to resume all activities before our in-house tournament on June 7th)
  • obidankenobi
    obidankenobi Posts: 3 Member

True story -- had finger-bruises on my arm and had a very nice lady attempt to drag me to the women's shelter.

Yesterday I had to go buy some more long sleeve shirts to cover obvious fingermarks around my upper arms! Id rather not have to explain myself...
  • sophzhr
    sophzhr Posts: 96 Member

That's exactly what my son did! He stubbed his toe on the floor while sparring and we are at week 5 of limited activity (hoping he is cleared to resume all activities before our in-house tournament on June 7th)

Nothing like a broken toe. Did the exact same thing about 6 months ago, and it's still not healed because I DO. NOT. WANT. TO. STOP. DOING. THINGS. Inactivity is just....my worst nightmare.

So...I have now pretty much abandoned my big toe for the time being and don't even use it to walk. :s Grappling with it isn't easy though. :D
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    I dislocated a finger last year on the floor :(
  • Arianera
    My son had his last follow-up for his toe and and was cleared for all activities (including sparring today), though the doctor recommended that he keep wearing the kung fu shoes rather than work barefoot for a while longer while he gets used to impact again
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member

This! Lost my big toenail in bo sparring. Quite the conversation piece.
  • danaweiss580
    danaweiss580 Posts: 7 Member
    You might be a martial artist if you will practice your forms and weapons anywhere. The neighbors especially love it when I practice weapons, especially kwan dao, in the street.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    You accidentally bow when you enter/leave a room.
  • danaweiss580
    danaweiss580 Posts: 7 Member
    You go to buy a new car and the main criteria for selecting it is that it has to fit your kung fu weapons.