Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    I really am annoyed with someone on MFP right now tried to help her and she is like what I don't think that is right. I know what I am talking about cos I was in her shoes but to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, how ungrateful! Now I'm starting to regret helping her in the first place cos I really want to pig out now. God, why did I open my big mouth in the first place. Sorry about the rant but I really had to get it off my chest so I don't go pig out on too much food and drink the bottle of wine in the fridge.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

The only one I'm aware of is Dyna Whey protein, lol. (Which is really too bad as it's totally awesome protein IMO)

And I'm certainly not going to revoke your Canadian card over peameal bacon, especially considering I don't eat pig.

Oh sure, mock me with the protein I have to try smuggling over the border again. Though, actually, I have a Quest sample here I'm getting up the nerve to try, eventually.

Every time I have the stuff I think of you, believe it or not! I keep sniffing it to see if there is any detectable protein odour (and there has never been any).

If you notice it one day after not for so long, I suggest getting a refund ;)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    It gets hot and humid here in the summer (Nashville). It seems like the further south you go, the colder they run the AC inside businesses, though. I can not go to a restaurant in the summertime without a heavy jacket. It's almost 90 degrees outside today, and I'm wearing a jacket in the office. Why must they keep it SO COLD?

I had a work thing that forced me to spend 3 weeks in Memphis one August (stayed at the Peabody, which was fun), and that's what I couldn't stand. I'd put on one of my lightest summer suits and make the trek from the hotel to where I spent the day and would be drenched with sweat and then shiver the whole rest of the day. Horrible.

Even here (Chicago) I tend to have a sweater available for inside in the summer (I'm one of those people who is always cold and was even when I was at my fattest), but it's far less extreme. In Memphis I practically expected a rainstorm when I'd open a door from the hot and cold fronts meeting.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    A few pages back I wrote about my large unhealthy co-worker that has been sick all week, sitting over there hacking & coughing, pumping germs into the air, and refusing to stay home when we have tons of sick leave available.

So, worst fears realized, I woke up this morning with a sore throat & headache. Started coughing.

P*ssed, I walk into work...and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, she called in sick today...on a Friday.

Guess who is her back up?

So now I'm sick on a Friday, getting an average of 5 emails a minute between both of our emails.

%$^& ^*&#$(@#& $% $@#(*&^ %(^&%#

Can you crumble munster cheese into her keyboard without being seen? Hypothetically, or course.

Better.

I've already set aside a couple of potential ticking time bombs that I'm "not able to get to today"...and then I'm calling in sick on Monday.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Angry at myself today. Was so hungry all day yesterday which doesn't happen as nearly as often as it used to. I knew that supper was going to be delicious as I had put a rib roast in the slow cooker before I went to work. Got home whipped up some potato's made some gravy and voila supper at last. I then proceeded to spend the whole time I was eating on my MFP calculating calories that I forgot to enjoy the meal!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

The only one I'm aware of is Dyna Whey protein, lol. (Which is really too bad as it's totally awesome protein IMO)

And I'm certainly not going to revoke your Canadian card over peameal bacon, especially considering I don't eat pig.

Oh sure, mock me with the protein I have to try smuggling over the border again. Though, actually, I have a Quest sample here I'm getting up the nerve to try, eventually.

Every time I have the stuff I think of you, believe it or not! I keep sniffing it to see if there is any detectable protein odour (and there has never been any).

If you notice it one day after not for so long, I suggest getting a refund ;)

I was more concerned that I would have potentially misled you!

Seriously, the Iced Cappuccino is soooo freakin' good and although it supposedly contains caffeine equivalent to one cup of coffee, I'm sensitive to caffeine and it doesn't bother me.

I also picked up the Chocolate Banana variety to double-check it. (Okay, my protein intake was so dismal I was needing an extra boost in the evening, so I wanted a different flavour)
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2015
    I confess, I was so far out of line in what I ate on Cinco de Mayo that I didn't feel well enough to even mitigate the damage by working out... and I still feel guilty about it!

(Also it seems like my body has gotten used to less and less-rich foods, because before I would have eaten more than I did and thought nothing of it!)
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »

One of my good friends in high school was Canadian and he introduced me to salt and vinegar potato chips. Mistake. Love those things!

And the best are

20120606_C6243_PHOTO_EN_14756.jpg

Yes, yes they are

That made my mouth water.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

And don't let anyone fool you by this "It's just dry heat" BS. Sure, there is no sweaty humid feeling, but when it's 115 degrees outside you FEEL 115 degrees. But, enjoy your trip!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Angry at myself today. Was so hungry all day yesterday which doesn't happen as nearly as often as it used to. I knew that supper was going to be delicious as I had put a rib roast in the slow cooker before I went to work. Got home whipped up some potato's made some gravy and voila supper at last. I then proceeded to spend the whole time I was eating on my MFP calculating calories that I forgot to enjoy the meal!

This used to be me! I now calculate my meals (whenever possible) BEFORE I eat it so that I can sit down and enjoy my meals worry-free. I try to plan ahead of time and log my meals before meal time even hits. I usually log my snacks ahead of time too. You can always adjust it later if you need to, but it helps me to get the portions right. If eating out, I log before I order my food.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

And don't let anyone fool you by this "It's just dry heat" BS. Sure, there is no sweaty humid feeling, but when it's 115 degrees outside you FEEL 115 degrees. But, enjoy your trip!

115 degrees?!?! Holy hell, it's in the 80s here in SC and I'm already struggling!! *Makes mental note to avoid Southwestern US in summer time* :astonished:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited May 2015
    It gets hot and humid here in the summer (Nashville). It seems like the further south you go, the colder they run the AC inside businesses, though. I can not go to a restaurant in the summertime without a heavy jacket. It's almost 90 degrees outside today, and I'm wearing a jacket in the office. Why must they keep it SO COLD?

They do this to us too! I seriously can't handle going outside in that heat but then in our office I have on a sweater and my heater :( so cold! (And I'm in Columbus, OH they do that too with all restaurants and the movie theaters, I freeze my toosh off!)
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    I'm saying "f it" to exercise today. My TOM came two days early and I feel like crap, got some bad news, and it's hot and I don't feel like getting sweaty. Since I had to work out indoors all winter, if I want to exercise, I prefer to do it outside at this point. Maybe I'll go ride my bike later when it cools down. I wanna eat like crap, but I probably won't let that happen.
  • 81Katz
    Sometimes public places do set their A/C too low, but then when you leave and go outside it's like walking into an oven. Ugh!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I greatly prefer being too cold than being too hot.

I just dread summer man.
  • 81Katz
    I always prefer being a bit colder than too hot also.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My confession is that sometimes I have skipped breakfast or lunch on days where I know that I'll be having alcohol. It's terrible and I know it, but it feels so good to have a couple of glasses of wine and still be within my calories.

Drinking on an empty stomach is fun too

The after-affects aren't much fun, though!

Oh, fair point. But when the alternative is drinking 5+ drinks to keep pace with others, both mornings after tend to suck.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

Ugh! I log in advance so I just have to adjust the quantities, which takes 30 seconds... and always before I actually eat.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    I greatly prefer being too cold than being too hot.

I just dread summer man.

At least if you're cold you can add more layers. When it's hot there's only so much you can take off!