Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    The only out there variety of chips I've had were chocolate covered Lays, pretty good tbh.

I really want to buy some Cheetos and mix em with Nutella.

Chocolate covered potato chips are amazing.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Holy crap I go away for the morning and come back to 7 pages! I can't handle it :(

I'm going camping for the weekend. I doubt I'll ever catch up.

Also, I'm kinda stressing out over the fact there may be no cell service and I'll lost my log-in streak. I'm at 487 days and I want to make 500, dangit!

Ahh, you just gave me something new to worry about. I'm going camping in August for a few days and I never thought of this. :( I know I won't have service. I took my phone last year and was only able to use it to take pictures.

Let us know if you were able to keep the logging streak or not...

I thought of this. Can you log something "ahead" of time? Ie/ then edit later to add more in?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Since I mentioned my daughter and a possible ED I have not been logging and/or tracking my foods. I am down 2 pounds in this month. I am doing something right. : ) My goal is 1/2 pound a week. I also lost 1/2 inch on my waist. I have not been "working out" but I have a job where I can be fairly active and I generally have hard-core projects going at home on the weekend that involve pushing my body to work hard in strength and cardio (i.e. swinging a 30 pound metal bar repeatedly to dig a hole through rock, pulling down walls, etc.)

It has been a very emotional few weeks between all the various things going on with daughter, stuff with son, stuff with Ex, friends having major turmoil in their lives, etc. I've tried to focus on giving all the support needed to my kids, listening to friends, taking care of business and setting very firm boundaries with ex, and taking care of myself and going as easy on myself as I can during this time. I also have a great, challenging job that demands a lot of me.

Confession.
    I fully intended to garden/landscape this morning. At 6:30 I had coffee and cereal. I got out a few tools and started to plan what I would do. I had a headache so I thought I'd lie down for 15 minutes and see if it would pass. I woke up at 10 a.m. when a friend called. I chalk it up to that I needed a deep refreshing sleep and I'm not beating myself up for not getting anything accomplished this morning. In fact, I'm still trying to figure out what to do in the next four hours. I think I'll grocery shop, do laundry, and do some housekeeping. I may go buy myself a sassy pair of jeans too. Usually I do heavy-duty projects that are very physically taxing on Saturdays. I have a date with my wonderful boyfriend tonight. We're going to a downtown street fair after Ethiopian food tonight. Tomorrow morning we're going on a hilly bike ride. So my confession is that a small part of me is feeling guilty that I'm not accomplishing my usual stuff on Saturday but that I'm really working on not feeling the guilt.
  • Oberon21
    Francl27 wrote: »

So I went there briefly and left.

Confession I hate when people call other people a "special snowflake". It just sounds so rude and condescending. And I don't get it. Every snowflake is unique. They are all special. So isn't this kind of a contradiction?
  • Oberon21
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I greatly prefer being too cold than being too hot.

I just dread summer man.

At least if you're cold you can add more layers. When it's hot there's only so much you can take off!

This is exactly what I always say!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Confession: There is a pattern of jumping all over posters,especially new ones-mocking their posts, questions because they think something is not possible etc. The way they speak to the posters are incredibly rude and alienating. I'm surprised if most of these people ever return to post something or continue with MFP, or logging food after the very "harsh" approach. Then there are the people that just complain that the OP's don't want to hear the truth when in fact it's the negative way people are responding making the OP obviously feel criticized and unsupported. So ya, that's my irritation confession. Makes me never want to ask any questions here.
  • Oberon21
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I feel really hard done by when I vote, play the lottery, or place a bet, and don't win. I SHOULD GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I TRIED.

YES. I bought 5 lines on the lottery on my birthday which was on the 5th May. So it was 5 5 5, but I'm too scared to check it, because I know I haven't won anything, I never do, but what if I have?? It's like Schrodinger's Cat in my head right now. lol

My husband has been explaining Schrödinger's cat to me for years, but you have finally helped me to get it!

The only reason I've even heard of that is Big Bang Theory! Love that show!

I had heard of Schrödinger's cat before Big Bang Theory but it was Sheldon who taught me what it was. Sheldon has taught me many things. Interesting fact, did you know the actor that plays Sheldon is 40! That man has aged well.

So I have to ask (and sorry if someone explained it and I missed it) what is this cat thing?
  • Oberon21
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Confession: There is a pattern of jumping all over posters,especially new ones-mocking their posts, questions because they think something is not possible etc. The way they speak to the posters are incredibly rude and alienating. I'm surprised if most of these people ever return to post something or continue with MFP, or logging food after the very "harsh" approach. Then there are the people that just complain that the OP's don't want to hear the truth when in fact it's the negative way people are responding making the OP obviously feel criticized and unsupported. So ya, that's my irritation confession. Makes me never want to ask any questions here.

Agreed!! People use the anonymity of the Internet to be nasty and rude. I can't believe they would say most of the stuff said in the forums to a person's face.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    This is regarding Arizona. I'm on my Ipad and I can't manipulate things on this as well as on the computer so I didn't go back to the original quote. (Sorry)

I moved to S. AZ from the Pacific NW about 10 years ago. I love it here. It is unseasonably cool today - currently 66 degrees at noon when I think we'd usually be in the 90's. I adapted very well from a duck to a desert rat. :smiley:

Tucson is 90 miles from Phoenix. Someone mentioned the Desert Museum and I agree. A visit to the Desert Museum helped convince me to move here. It is a world class museum that is a zoo, a botanical garden, a museum and more rolled into one. It allows you to "hike" in the desert with drinking fountains and shade at regular locations. There are also inside stuff and an aquarium. It is very beautiful and I highly recommend it. It will probably be hot if you are coming in a few weeks but this weekend is very beautiful. I wish it was hotter but most people love it. (Side note - I despise being cold and get to where I can't get warm. I don't feel hot until over 105 degrees and I don't have A/C. I have an evaporative cooler so in the humid months my house is 85 degrees with a nice breeze going through it. Ahhhhh heaven!!!! In the dry heat months my house gets too cold, down to 65 with it on at night.)

The weather patterns have been very strange this year. We had rain three days or more last week and usually we don't even get a trace until about the second week of July when the summer monsoons come through. So, I can't help guess what the weather will be like but most likely in the high 90's to 100's in Phoenix and about 8 degrees cooler in Tucson. Because of the dry heat, walking under an umbrella in the sun actually helps a huge amount and people do walk under sunbrellas here. (Some not all). Remember your sunscreen and carry a bottle of water with you and drink it.

A longer drive from Phoenix is Tombstone, the town too tough to die, which is very touristy but still fun. There is also The Copper Queen Hotel and Bisbee - a mining town that is supposedly full of paranormal activity. It is a fun and very unique place to visit. The CQ hotel hosts a Halloween Street party that my boyfriend and I went to last year, it was fun.

I don't know very many places around Phoenix and I'm guessing Maricopa is near Phoenix but I didn't look it up. I like the beauty of getting outside of the big city. If you like missions there is a beautiful mission called San Xavier del Bac on the Tohono O'odham nation. If you like star gazing then google Kitt Peak and look at the tours available. Also, if in Tucson google and check out the Mirror Lab Tour at the University of Arizona where they make the mirrors for the largest telescopes in the world. It is fascinating. It is at 1:00 p.m. every weekday and requires reservations. Feel free to send me a message if you have questions / need more info.

Have a great time!!

• Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    I make my kids where HOT orange so I can watch them easier. When we go crowded places.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Stupid movies aren't normally my thing. However, I have managed to sit through Dumb and Dumber (original) about 20 times. But now it's fun, because I know all the words by heart. I can pretend I'm either Lloyd OR Harry. B)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Never heard "American cheddar." Cheddar is cheddar.

There is American cheese (those Kraft wrapped squares), but I wouldn't wave the flag for that stuff. ;-)

I'd wave the white flag of surrender if I won't be forced to eat it.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Never heard "American cheddar." Cheddar is cheddar.

There is American cheese (those Kraft wrapped squares), but I wouldn't wave the flag for that stuff. ;-)

I wouldn't call it cheddar, either. There's a reason it says "cheese product" on the label ;)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member

Here's where this irritates me - there are trolls on this forum. Everyone knows there are trolls on this forum. The trolls flat out admit they are trolls. And even still, people will defend them, and pretend they actually mean well, or act like they've never seen the trolling, as if they've read everything the acct has posted, except for the times they're intentionally trying to start an argument. I'd rather people admit, "yeah, they're a troll, but they make me laugh, so I don't care," rather than act like they have some secret psychic knowledge into the motivations of people who are just "misunderstood."
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    salembambi wrote: »
    its made me lol that other Canadians think that Canada doesnt have products other countries dont

thats my confession

also maple cookies are a million times better than oreos

Maple fudge is. I'm not sure I've ever had a maple cookie.

Lots of things are better than oreos, though. As an American I don't think oreos are some exemplar of the best of American cuisine or anything.

5lswutrxtzau.jpg

yea maple fudge is also amazing ahhh anything pure maple syrup is ...maple bacon kettle chips yes please
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Here's where this irritates me - there are trolls on this forum. Everyone knows there are trolls on this forum. The trolls flat out admit they are trolls. And even still, people will defend them, and pretend they actually mean well, or act like they've never seen the trolling, as if they've read everything the acct has posted, except for the times they're intentionally trying to start an argument. I'd rather people admit, "yeah, they're a troll, but they make me laugh, so I don't care," rather than act like they have some secret psychic knowledge into the motivations of people who are just "misunderstood."

I'm with you on this @jpw1990!

However, I also think people who post questions just need to stop whining and grow some thick skin. It's the Internet get over it -why would you ever let someone whom you've never met and never will ruffle your feathers so much?! They feed off of that!!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm saying "f it" to exercise today. My TOM came two days early and I feel like crap, got some bad news, and it's hot and I don't feel like getting sweaty. Since I had to work out indoors all winter, if I want to exercise, I prefer to do it outside at this point. Maybe I'll go ride my bike later when it cools down. I wanna eat like crap, but I probably won't let that happen.

Hope you feel better today!

Thanks. I took ibuprofen and felt better and went on a bike ride.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I really wanted one of those "mothers day" chocolate chip cookie cakes I saw at the store.
    I'm going for the caffeine diet today to kill my cravings/appetite.
    Oh, and I had a woosh this AM so take that Friday(s) 'gain'!
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Confession: I'm setting a goal date slightly earlier than my back-to-school one because of a girl. (It's not my reason for losing, just the reason for setting a goal two weeks earlier.) I won't see her for almost two months and then we're spending a week together on vacation before I move across the country. I want to look fantastic for when I probably articulate how I feel.

It's totally dumb. But, I won't see her again for a long time.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I greatly prefer being too cold than being too hot.

I just dread summer man.

At least if you're cold you can add more layers. When it's hot there's only so much you can take off!

This is exactly what I always say!

I actually hate it a bit when people say this. I am generally fairly cold. The guy I used to sit next to at work was always really hot and used that line, which is all well and good except when everyone else in the office is already wearing a fleece over their clothes and the draft from the window is blowing papers about. Maybe I could put more layers on, but I don't want to have to wear gloves to type! He's got a new job and there's no more temperature disputes in our office.