who loves beer

Replies

• kxforg
    kxforg Posts: 36 Member
    Guinness is the go to beer. However there are "unfortunately" many craft breweries within miles of where I live I just have to try them all ;) Current favs are Dry Dock and Breckenridge. Then of course a great Scotch is always welcome. Bit of a beer and scotch snob here :p
  • ccj13ccj
    ccj13ccj Posts: 1 Member
    davidg1 wrote: »
    so many times i have 700 or 800 calories and add beer to make up to the amount of calories i am supposed to have. i love beer and it relaxes me after work. am i crazy?

You don't sound crazy to me, maybe more folks should try your method! ;)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    mwyvr wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I love craft beer. In fact, tomorrow I'll be entering my first 5k and the one thing that convinced me to enter is that it's sponsored by a brewery. It starts and ends at the brewery and after you finish, you get a pint of beer and a souvenir mug. They also have a live bands for entertainment and food trucks for eats. They also don't time the race, since it's not really a race...just a beer run...or walk.

@7lenny7 OH I MUST DO THIS! Where?

Failing that I must convince a local craft brewery to do the same here!

Currently drinking a Brassneck "Wingman" IPA, hoppy but not extreme, hint of citrus. Yum.
    IMG_20150508_180237%257E2%257E2.jpg

We have a couple breweries in Iowa that do a couple of these each year too. Good times!
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    I try to keep it to the weekends to not interfere with exercise recovery.

Some of my favorites when cutting are sours. Naturally pretty light on calories because they tend to have a low abv. Gose is an awesome style that's just now getting popular.

When maintaining or putting on weight, I'm all about a nice barrel aged stout (Anderson Valley makes a nice one using wild turkey barrels, and of course there's KBS and the bourbon county line from Goose Island) OR a nice IPA. Living in Florida gives me access to Cigar City, a brewery that in my opinion makes some of the best IPAs in the world.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    rejectuf wrote: »
    I try to keep it to the weekends to not interfere with exercise recovery.

Some of my favorites when cutting are sours. Naturally pretty light on calories because they tend to have a low abv. Gose is an awesome style that's just now getting popular.

When maintaining or putting on weight, I'm all about a nice barrel aged stout (Anderson Valley makes a nice one using wild turkey barrels, and of course there's KBS and the bourbon county line from Goose Island) OR a nice IPA. Living in Florida gives me access to Cigar City, a brewery that in my opinion makes some of the best IPAs in the world.

YES
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    I love beer!!! 1554, Nitro Milk Stout, FatTire, Organic Chocolate Stout, Guinness are a few of my favs. I live in Colorado and I believe that we have more micro brews made here then any other U.S. State..... And I must say, we do make some pretty damn good beer!!
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    I love beer in all its frothy deliciousness!!! (Especially miller light) B)
  • Caffeinated_MES
    Caffeinated_MES Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm a craft beer lover, occasional homebrewer. Mmm!
  • nerdgirlinlv
    nerdgirlinlv Posts: 32 Member
    Dear god do I miss beer, can't wait till I can start incorporating it in my calorie budget lmao. It's almost Landshark season
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I love love love love beer. I wish I could drink it more...
  • lovethepirk
    lovethepirk Posts: 41 Member
    I did the math the other day for a college kid asking me why I quit beer this year.....Told him I drank 4 beers easy per day from age 20-35. That is around 24,000 beers. Let's just say 20K.

At a modest 100 cal per beer that is 2,000,000 calories. Of course they replaced some food, but 2mm calories of beer, omg.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Oh I love beer. Shiner, blue moon, and tripel karmelit are my favs. But spiced rum has my heart (specifically Kraken)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    To me, beer is another one of those gross things that people mysteriously enjoy. I just can't understand it. Beer, cigarettes, and coffee...All Super Nasty. You guys can have my share. :p
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    edited May 2015
    davidg1 wrote: »
    so many times i have 700 or 800 calories and add beer to make up to the amount of calories i am supposed to have. i love beer and it relaxes me after work. am i crazy?

Not sure if your fitness goals...but yeah...you can get the weight loss results of someone who makes up calories in Alcohol. Or you can get the results of someone who does't make up calories in alcohol....which is a decision I eventually made. When you are at deficit calories...you may consider getting the highest quality calories possible.

If you are weight training...then consider this....any energy spent removing alcohol from your system is energy not spent repairing your body.

Just my two cents...
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Ran 14km today. I can have a beer. Maybe two. :smile:

#BeerIsWhyIrun
  • Dianardh
    Dianardh Posts: 25 Member
    I love beer
  • syrenbaran
    syrenbaran Posts: 4 Member
    At a modest 100 cal per beer that is 2,000,000 calories. Of course they replaced some food, but 2mm calories of beer, omg.

Think positive. At around 7k calories per kg of fat that would mean you would would weigh nearly 300kg less than you do currently. No idea how much you weigh, but its fair to assume you would weigh less than nothing. You only survived thanks to beer. ;)

• rebelatheart2703
    rebelatheart2703 Posts: 7 Member
    Eternal beer snob checking in, although currently trying to have a 'dry' May to boost weight loss. I love IPAs, but stouts/porters are where its at - unfortunately they tend to be higher in calories :(
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    I love bier also! However, I try to limit myself, I'm not a big drinker, but when I drink, I like to drink big. I reserve the majority of my bier consumption to Oktoberfest season, yes, it is a season at my house. Then I indulge in Hofbrau and Spaten, and in a 1 liter Mass. Two in a day and a shot or two of German schnapps. Yup. it's yummy. I'm in Florida though and being outside all day, I can drink two and never use the bathroom!