What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    edited May 2015
    Technically not a NSV because it's related, but I'm not excited about the number itself, so....

I finally got back down to a healthy BMI. I was there last summer and happy. Then I had a break up and a rough semester which led into a bad winter where I stopped walking as often and gained back a lot of weight. I started this (again) with a BMI of 26 and today I'm at 24.8 (which means I've gone from overweight to healthy).

It's not the number, but the reminder that I am in control. I can do this.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    My boyfriend left for a deployment, and he'll be gone for 7 months. When he left he hugged me, stopped, and said, "When I come back, please promise there will be some of you left! You're disappearing so quickly!" It made me feel wonderful :)
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    A guy at the garage referred to me as "gunshow" to identify me in hushed tones to another work colleague...

Hahahahahaha!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Technically not a NSV because it's related, but I'm not excited about the number itself, so....

I finally got back down to a healthy BMI. I was there last summer and happy. Then I had a break up and a rough semester which led into a bad winter where I stopped walking as often and gained back a lot of weight. I started this (again) with a BMI of 26 and today I'm at 24.8 (which means I've gone from overweight to healthy).

It's not the number, but the reminder that I am in control. I can do this.

Good for you! I finally got there a few weeks ago - it's definitely something to celebrate :)
  • Nerruse
    Nerruse Posts: 40 Member
    Broke my 1k and my mile records today on my run. :D Man, all kinds of victories today. I was starting to get pretty discouraged too at how slowly my paces are progressing. Too bad I couldn't keep the pace and go for the triple win, breaking my 5k, but it's no small thing to get 2/3. Man I can't wait to hit my GW so I can really get to work on my fitness goals.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    My tights are not quite as tight anymore :) Which is great cause I have to wear them everyday for my job.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    I had bought a dress for church at a consignment shop several months ago, only wore it once and it's an XL sleeveless. It was so big in the underarm area I sewed about 3/4 of an inch down each side and it looked great. Then at church a lady asked me if I had lost weight and what was I doing to loose. She had just downloaded the MFP app but hadn't used it much.
    Mostly larges fit me, but I was at JC Penny's and bought two med. shirts and a med work out shorts and they fit pretty good.
    Loosing weight and sizes is very slow for me, but thank goodness it's happening. I am so glad and feel a lot better being down 25 lbs.
  • 4and20blkbirds
    4and20blkbirds Posts: 6 Member
    Darn, I was reading 5 pages of this thread nearly every day to help motivate myself and now I've reached the end. I guess I'll have to add one of my own! It's a willpower one: I made homemade ice cream 5 days ago and I haven't eaten ANY because it would put me over. I haven't even stolen a spoonful from my husband's bowl. I have a major sweet tooth so this is pretty big for me.
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Tried on a size 38 denim mini skirt for funsies. It fit! Well! When I started losing weight last May I was wearing a size 52. So 7 sizes down.
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Tried on a size 38 denim mini skirt for funsies. It fit! Well! When I started losing weight last May I was wearing a size 52. So 7 sizes down.
    WOW!
  • spunkyabroad
    SallyinIL wrote: »
    WOW!

Thanks! I'm pretty excited. Even if none of my clothes fit. ;)

• spunkyabroad
    I just came out of the bathroom at work with my shirt tucked in. I looked in the mirror and decided it looked better that way. Better. With my shirt tucked in. LOL

Awesome! I'm not at goal weight yet, but I find I feel so much better in more fitted clothing. Show off your hard work!
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    My boyfriend left for a deployment, and he'll be gone for 7 months. When he left he hugged me, stopped, and said, "When I come back, please promise there will be some of you left! You're disappearing so quickly!" It made me feel wonderful :)

I hope the deployment goes smoothly for you and your boyfriend! But that's a great NSV! It's so nice when those fit military people notice all our hard work!

I have two nsv's for today: I had a meeting with someone I haven't seen for a couple of weeks and she said "you're looking skinny! I don't see you for two weeks and you disappear on me!" My second is that I'm currently wearing a size 11 from Charlotte Russe. I used to wear a TIGHT 14. :smiley:
  • ajcc500
    ajcc500 Posts: 32 Member
    Darn, I was reading 5 pages of this thread nearly every day to help motivate myself and now I've reached the end. I guess I'll have to add one of my own! It's a willpower one: I made homemade ice cream 5 days ago and I haven't eaten ANY because it would put me over. I haven't even stolen a spoonful from my husband's bowl. I have a major sweet tooth so this is pretty big for me.
    1. Peel and slice a banana
    2. Put pieces into a freezer bag and freeze
    3. Blend frozen banana in a food processor

BAM! Guilt-free, delicious ice cream :)

• katie_mae17
    katie_mae17 Posts: 9 Member
    I had to break out my summer clothes since the temps are finally up in the 80s where I live.....just to be stuck wearing running shorts because all of my other shorts basically fall off of me now! Guess it's time to go shopping :smile:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Able to wear shorts to the gym without constantly having to pull them down and/ or spit them out every 5 minutes :blush:
    Still not able to wear shorts while running but *shrug* I'm okay with that.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    I got my favorite pair of boots zipped up over my calves! Getting too hot to wear now, but at least I know they'll be ready for fall!
  • Losing2Fast2Furious
    Losing2Fast2Furious Posts: 45 Member
    I fit into jeans that I haven't been able to wear since 2001.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    At work I occasionally have to work with a team of about 5 to 6 people. The people are different from time to time. I used to be the largest person on the team. Today's team- I'm the smallest and it feels freaking awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!