Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I've gotten some really great questions for my One Thousand One Hundred and Elventieth Post.

So many in fact: I'll sneak preview my first name: Derek.

I somehow already knew this. Why is that?

He said something about Zoolander and "derelicking my balls" so that's why I remember haha

That must be it. I didn't remember the exact quote but I knew it was something.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession - I don't think I'm eating as much as I am supposed to eat.

If eating less is good, then eating a lot less is better, right? I hear we under estimate calories in and over estimate calories out, so I set my goal low and don't trust the calories burned. I am afraid to eat them back. I don't feel tired or weak, in fact I feel better than I have in a long time. Most of the time, I try to eat better because I am eating less. This week was a bit of a bust because my 7 year old gave me a pound of strawberries for Mother's Day and they had to be turned into Strawberry Shortcake. The little darling knows I am trying to watch what I eat and decided a big box of chocolates would make me sad, so he made a HUGE basket of all my favorite fruits. (I'll never be able to eat it all, unless I start a Bing Cherry Binge.)

I tell myself that I will eat more when I feel worse.

Confession 2 - Sometimes I open the freezer door just to stare at the Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

Sometimes when I don't have any calories left I'll smell food haha.

Still not as bad as the guy I knew that would sprinkle salt packets into his mouth. >_<

Yeah that's a bit gross.
    Confession: I cannot stand slower than time pedestrians crossing the street. I'm saying this as a person who walks every day and rides in a car maybe once a week. If there is tons of traffic and a car had to stop to let you pass, hurry the heck up. Everyone wants to get where they are going, not just you.

jack-sparrow-run.gif?w=594

LOLOL. Perfect.

I also can't stand the people who walk slow in a grocery store with the exception of the elderly or people who have a medical condition. Also it grinds my gears when people take up the whole aisle with their shopping cart or decide to have a family/friend reunion in the most annoying places.
  • MoHousdon
    My daughter is getting her braces off today. She's super excited about that...I'm just happy I only have to work a half day! :smiley: Which just so happens to end in 30 minutes. Whoo Hoo!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2015
    Speaking of grocery stores, I don't understand how people that don't need those electric scooters can just drive them. I used one when I still had to be in a wheelchair just to see what it was like and I was nervous the entire time! It's not fun to drive, lol.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    I had my first "way out of my calorie goal binge" last night. Other than the slight hangover, I have no regrets about it. I feel like I should feel guilty, but I feel like I really needed that.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

I am going to the Bahamas in less than 3 weeks and must find a swimsuit (I went from a size 22W last summer to now a 12/14) so last years suit is not an option. I have tried on dozens of them and have found none I am really happy with.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    My daughter is getting her braces off today. She's super excited about that...I'm just happy I only have to work a half day! :smiley: Which just so happens to end in 30 minutes. Whoo Hoo!!!

Aw that's awesome, I was so pumped when I had my braces off- it was the summer before my freshman year so I couldn't wait! We did the whole before and after picture thing too! Ahhh brings back great memories of being 14! And lucky you get to have a half day! I'm stuck here another 2 hours and 20 mins :s
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

I am going to the Bahamas in less than 3 weeks and must find a swimsuit (I went from a size 22W last summer to now a 12/14) so last years suit is not an option. I have tried on dozens of them and have found none I am really happy with.
    That's my problem too. I've been drawn to the "monokini" (I think that's what its called lol) but I don't know if i could pull it off.
    Oh, and congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome! :smile:
  • MoHousdon
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Aw that's awesome, I was so pumped when I had my braces off- it was the summer before my freshman year so I couldn't wait! We did the whole before and after picture thing too! Ahhh brings back great memories of being 14! And lucky you get to have a half day! I'm stuck here another 2 hours and 20 mins :s

This will be the summer before her 8th grade year. I plan on doing a little mini photo shoot kind of thing with her. She loves taking selfies anyway so I'm sure she won't mind. I'm excited to see what all my hard earned money paid for. She's already planning on having fruit snacks and gummy bears. Probably before we even get home. :p

Oh, and I'm SUPER excited about my half day even though I've had to take short lunches all week to make up for it. It's TOTALLY worth it!

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member

Good stuff!
    Thank you! :smile:

Yes, congratulations! Find something, even if it isn't a bathing suit, that you feel comfortable and good in - that way you can enjoy the beach!
  • MoHousdon

That's my problem too. I've been drawn to the "monokini" (I think that's what its called lol) but I don't know if i could pull it off.

Is that the one with the sides cut out? I like those too, but I can't ever seem to find them. I bought a swimsuit last weekend and I ended getting a bikini top and high waisted bottoms. Very retro looking. I'm still not 100% comfortable with how I look in a swimsuit, but I'm working on it.

• raelynnsmama52512
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Good stuff!
    Thank you! :smile:

Yes, congratulations! Find something, even if it isn't a bathing suit, that you feel comfortable and good in - that way you can enjoy the beach!

Thank you! :smile: I like the monokinis but I don't know if I could pull it off lol. Poor hubs is being dragged with me while I try some out haha
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member

Thanks, I could not pull off that monokini look, too much skin and stuff going on with this rapid weight loss. I like that look on others though. I like the old fashioned super high waisted two piece look too.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

I don't understand. How can a person say something like that? I just don't get it. Do people have no filter at all?
  • raelynnsmama52512

Is that the one with the sides cut out? I like those too, but I can't ever seem to find them. I bought a swimsuit last weekend and I ended getting a bikini top and high waisted bottoms. Very retro looking. I'm still not 100% comfortable with how I look in a swimsuit, but I'm working on it.
    I think so, looks like a one piece from the front an bikini in back?
    I found some at Walmart relatively inexpensive, but I haven't looked other places yet lol.

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession - I don't think I'm eating as much as I am supposed to eat.

If eating less is good, then eating a lot less is better, right? I hear we under estimate calories in and over estimate calories out, so I set my goal low and don't trust the calories burned. I am afraid to eat them back. I don't feel tired or weak, in fact I feel better than I have in a long time. Most of the time, I try to eat better because I am eating less. This week was a bit of a bust because my 7 year old gave me a pound of strawberries for Mother's Day and they had to be turned into Strawberry Shortcake. The little darling knows I am trying to watch what I eat and decided a big box of chocolates would make me sad, so he made a HUGE basket of all my favorite fruits. (I'll never be able to eat it all, unless I start a Bing Cherry Binge.)

I tell myself that I will eat more when I feel worse.

Confession 2 - Sometimes I open the freezer door just to stare at the Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

Sometimes when I don't have any calories left I'll smell food haha.

Still not as bad as the guy I knew that would sprinkle salt packets into his mouth. >_<

Yeah that's a bit gross.
    Confession: I cannot stand slower than time pedestrians crossing the street. I'm saying this as a person who walks every day and rides in a car maybe once a week. If there is tons of traffic and a car had to stop to let you pass, hurry the heck up. Everyone wants to get where they are going, not just you.

jack-sparrow-run.gif?w=594

LOLOL. Perfect.

I also can't stand the people who walk slow in a grocery store with the exception of the elderly or people who have a medical condition. Also it grinds my gears when people take up the whole aisle with their shopping cart or decide to have a family/friend reunion in the most annoying places.

HUGE pet peeve of mine, probably because my husband is a major culprit of this. He views grocery shopping as an enjoyable, social event. Um, no. He's gotten angry at me before for not stopping and having in-depth conversations with people we know. Hugs and acknowledgements and "how's your life?" questions all around. I believe it is rude and insensitive to the other shoppers. Needless to say, we no longer shop together.

Oh, he's also one of those people that stops the cart directly in the doorway as you are walking in to use the wipes to clean the handle. Yes, I'm glad he cleans the handle, but PLEASE walk inside and don't hold up everyone behind you!
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

I don't understand. How can a person say something like that? I just don't get it. Do people have no filter at all?

I was going up for an early promotion 6 months after I had my first son. My boss had to write a package of all the good things I've done and it would be compared to a few others and one would get the early promotion. I had to make sure I didn't get into trouble and I made a good score on my PT test as well.

I ended up not getting it and my boss told me, "It's good you didn't get it, because if people saw you up there receiving it, they might think you couldn't pass a PT test." Just by looking at me.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015

I think so, looks like a one piece from the front an bikini in back?
    I found some at Walmart relatively inexpensive, but I haven't looked other places yet lol.

I bought two (fun) retro bikini's on Ebay last year. They both feature high waists and one has a skirt. They are fun. I have probably seven or eight bikini's (my daughter stole two) and these are sassy and more modest than most. Plus they have amazing support up top. :smile: If you message me I'll look up the link and pass it on. They were pretty inexpensive ($30/top and bottom combined) and well made.

edit - these are new, custom made.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I'm a fan of the tanktinis I've seen at Target. Been meaning to pick up some swimwear myself
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(
    Hugs ❤️
    Are you getting any kind of help? It's perfectly ok to ask, I promise!

Yes, please go talk to your doctor and don't "minimize" your days, your coping methods, or how you feel. Please take care of you. :)