Progress pics - 36 pounds (16.5 kg) lost

mmghanna1
mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
I started dieting in March 2014 when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My starting weight was 223 pounds (101.5 kg). I now weigh 187 pounds (85 kg). I should have lost more weight in this time but I got stuck at the same weight for months after I'd lost for a while. I bought a Fitbit zip and am now walking a lot, and the weight is slowly coming off again. I eat too much but log all I eat so can see exactly what I'm burning compared to what I'm eating.

2s8rs180gudl.jpgqrzosxjbx6h3.jpg

I don't think you can see much difference in the photos but I've gone down a dress size and feel much healthier :)

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    There is a huge difference, especially in the waist area! You've shrunk in size :lol:
    Nice work. Keep at it!
  • mmghanna1
    Thank you! Nice to hear I look smaller :)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great job!
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    nice one!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Excellent progress!
  • mmghanna1
    Thank you everyone.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Good work!
  • mmghanna1
    edited May 2015
    Another couple of pics. Hope that's okay.

oqfe092cppdc.jpga919wd8kum8w.jpg
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Doing very well lass :-)
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    My exact starting weight.....and your a couple of pounds ahead of me! Nice work! Keep it up!!!
  • kashe69
    kashe69 Posts: 21 Member
    Well done to all those who get a type 2 diagnosis don't give up!
    I was scared and pissed when I found out but I took control. I've lost over 80 pounds and started off same weight range as you
    I found lifting really helped with the battle and makes you feel powerful
    Keep it up
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    Your doing great!! Keep up the good work!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Good job!
  • mmghanna1
    kashe69 wrote: »
    Well done to all those who get a type 2 diagnosis don't give up!
    I was scared and pissed when I found out but I took control. I've lost over 80 pounds and started off same weight range as you
    I found lifting really helped with the battle and makes you feel powerful
    Keep it up

Wow 80 pounds lost is amazing! Well done!
  • mmghanna1
    Thanks for your comments everyone :)
  • cartjockey
    cartjockey Posts: 5 Member
    You are doing a great job. This change is for your life!
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Great job! Yes it is noticeable. Can I ask what some of the diabetic symptoms are? I haven't been to a dr in years and I'm scared. For a year or so my pee smelled funny... I've been drinking lots of water and it doesn't smell anymore... But I'm tired a lot, no energy, could be not enough sleep but I don't know. Also low libido. I'm asking so I won't be so shocked if that's what I'm in for.
  • mmghanna1
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    Great job! Yes it is noticeable. Can I ask what some of the diabetic symptoms are? I haven't been to a dr in years and I'm scared. For a year or so my pee smelled funny... I've been drinking lots of water and it doesn't smell anymore... But I'm tired a lot, no energy, could be not enough sleep but I don't know. Also low libido. I'm asking so I won't be so shocked if that's what I'm in for.

For me the symptoms were being thirsty a lot and having to pee a lot. If you get cuts or scabs they take ages to heal. My BMI was over 40 so I was really in the danger zone. I recommend seeing a doctor and getting a blood test, so they can tell you if you have diabetes or not for sure. You might not have it at all or you might be pre-diabetic, which means if you make changes you can avoid diabetes. You might not have diabetes at all but if you're concerned there's no harm in seeing a doctor.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    wqp9t7so1e2f.jpg

I hope this helps. I *do* see a difference!
  • mmghanna1
    Wow thank you for doing that! I didn't know how to line the pictures up. I'm pleased you see a difference! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!