What is the Egg diet? Has anyone heard of it?

Replies

• loren0911
    loren0911 Posts: 17 Member
    The incredible edible egg.. Eggs are delicious. This diet is goofy. It's just an extremely low carb diet.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    minties82 wrote: »
    Soopatt wrote: »
    Not chemical reactions, just calorie restriction through limiting food choices. You may think you are eating as much as you want, but after a few days, as much as you want of only one thing in a meal (like beef or lamb) is not all that much, as you get tired of the same thing.

I have been on many silly diets and they have all worked - short-term. They are never sustainable and soon enough you will be dreaming of toast or there will be a party or a special occasion and you will tell yourself that you *deserve* to hit the carb/bad/evil food buffet. You are kidding yourself if you think you are going to launch seamlessly into healthy eating after this as you are not learning those lifestyle rules and you will not know any more about food moderation and control than you did before you started.

As soon as you brand any food as off-limits (this one sounds like another carb-free plan), eating that food is becomes a fetish and we want to go on naughty binges, which give us a huge thrill. Nobody binges on celery.

Bull. I'm extremely happy avoiding toast...also 29kg GONE and binge eating disorder well in control.

I just couldn't give up my toast

I couldn't give up....anything that I want to eat.

Fad dieters will come around soon enough, and see the light. I won't speak badly of them, because we've all been there. So glad I found out about MFP, and have received great advice and made new buds that have helped me lose weight and become healthier!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    aimeerace wrote: »
    I believe it's called the Commando diet.

:lol:

Does it result in frequent underwear changes?

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited May 2015
    aimeerace wrote: »
    I believe it's called the Commando diet.

I have friends that often do it. Funnily enough... They all stay pretty fat afterwards. Unlike me. On my normal healthy way of losing weight.

:lol:

Never heard of the Commando diet, but that name brings up images of less laundry to wash ;) and that would be a diet my hubby would support, iykwim

DDDDD.jpg
  • tingtongabc123
    tingtongabc123 Posts: 17 Member
    I am not going to argue with anyone or try to convince anyone, I don't need to.
    I have seen people with unbelievable results, that they could keep month and years after. I know it is going to work for me and I believe for some other people as well. If you are a person that can't say no to something or are tempted to eat the forbidden thing - well, I guess this diet is not for you. then nothing can help you but exercising, than you can eat what you want and exercise half of your free time. your choice.
    It doesn't matter how it makes you loose the weight, you don't starve on this diet, it's not just water you loose and you eat good foods, that is all that matters to me.
    Once again if a person doesn't have enough common sense to know that if he goes to his old habits everything will come back, no one can help him.

This diet is not a miracle, it doesn't claim to be and no diet is supposed to be sustainable. Only healthy eating and exercising will help you to keep your success and this diet is not supposed to teach you this lifestyle. It is only a kick stat help to loose a lot of weight to be able to be more active and get a taste for healthy foods, that's all! no miracle! you have to research the diet after that suits your lifestyle the best, because its very personal. there is no miracle diet in the world. And even if you count calories you have to plan the meals very well, to count in how active you are wether you are ready or not to give up sugars etc.

to write "that's idiotic", not knowing the meal plan itself - is idiotic and immature.

Where do you guys get so much negativity. stop being arrogant and ignorant, only because you did not succeed in something, doesn't mean others won't. But you know what just leave your smart *kitten* coments and talk to me in a month or better in 4 month, I'll prove you wrong. And if I don't you can write me everything smartass and sarcastig you thought reading this comment. Just friend me and have a look in 6 month if i'm back or yoyoing, you'll see I wont.
    Wish you all good luck on your own way weather you are fasting or doing a banana diet or anything, don't let yourself to discourage from what you are doing. And who is interested in the diet I am doing, just PM me I'll tell you the plan and how I was going on it.

adieu
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    I have seen people with unbelievable results, that they could keep month and years after. I know it is going to work for me and I believe for some other people as well. If you are a person that can't say no to something or are tempted to eat the forbidden thing - well, I guess this diet is not for you. then nothing can help you but exercising, than you can eat what you want and exercise half of your free time. your choice.
    But I lost the weight so I could exercise -- so I could move my body again in all kinds of ways that it just didn't want to move anymore when I was severely obese. All those squats in the gym mean I can squat down to get something from a low shelf and stand up without effort--couldn't do that two years ago.

And I don't spend "half of my free time" exercising -- even when I actually hit my exercise goals, which isn't that all that often, it's only about five or six hours a week. Supposedly the average American spends five or six hours a day watching TV.
    This diet is not a miracle, it doesn't claim to be and no diet is supposed to be sustainable. Only healthy eating and exercising will help you to keep your success and this diet is not supposed to teach you this lifestyle. It is only a kick stat help to loose a lot of weight to be able to be more active and get a taste for healthy foods, that's all! no miracle! you have to research the diet after that suits your lifestyle the best, because its very personal. there is no miracle diet in the world. And even if you count calories you have to plan the meals very well, to count in how active you are wether you are ready or not to give up sugars etc.

I count calories but I practically never plan meals. I don't even understand what you're trying to say with the rest of that sentence. Are you saying it's some kind of huge effort to log exercise? (It's not. And I don't have an HRM. I just use a watch and perceived intensity/pace. Lost about 30 pounds in four months doing that, and have kept it off for 18 months while losing another 10 pounds.) And are you suggesting that people have to give up sugars to lose weight or be healthy? I haven't, and I'm not going to -- neither naturally occurring sugars nor added sugars.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    I'll do the egg diet if he's the one making the eggs:

mfxaorw33j1y.jpg
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    I personally fail to see the problem here.......it could be a worse diet, at least this one requires them to eat healthy foods and not the same thing day in and day out, just because it's strict on some things doesn't make it bad. If they are eating healthy foods and eating at a deficit and actually losing weight then who cares! I say what ever works for them and if they can keep the weight off later even better. People learn along the way what they should and shouldn't have. Let them learn to like the foods they are eating, like the exercise they are getting, and let them learn how to eat what works for them....geeshe people it's not the end of the world.
  • tingtongabc123
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You said you weren't going to argue with anyone but then went ahead to write a 500 word rant calling people names and more names and more names. Okay. And that people are mad because they didn't succeed at it? You know what many of the people in the thread did succeed at? Weight loss. The same success you "plan" to have, has already been had. You are defending a diet tooth and nail that you have seen work for others but you haven't fully done it yet. Why don't you come back in 4 months and prove people wrong. Most of us will still be here. Sulking in our success.

I wasn't and I still am not arguing. I never called anyone names, I just described the way of response I got nothing personal. You do not agree that I was nothing but nice and got heaps of rude and arrogant answers? have I ever attacked anyone here just to be ridiculed? Have I ever said to anyone that the way they are going is wrong? No I haven't. Did I ever minimized their success? No I didn't. Does it mean their way is THE WAY? No, not for everyone. Did I ever say my way is THE WAY? no never. I said I've seen it working and it works for me and it will work for some other people. some, not all. no miracle.
    I never said they were mad, just arrogant about it. They think they know better and say this diet is goofy and idiotic(quote). But There are people who did it and it worked, and it still works. Just because they are doing it for years and I just started I can't have already success? in the first week I lost 3 kg which is quite wage, but I lost 3.3% of my body fat which is more than great to me. I am having success already. And I will for sure write in a month and in 4. But why are people so rude?
    PS: The same success I WILL have not "plane"
    Congratulations to sulking in your success, soon we'll be sulking together. You do it your way, I do it my way, they do it their way...
  • tingtongabc123
    edited May 2015
    But I lost the weight so I could exercise -- so I could move my body again in all kinds of ways that it just didn't want to move anymore when I was severely obese.

That is exactly my point, this diet helps you to loose a lot for your sart, so you can be more active, my exact words!

This diet is not a miracle, it doesn't claim to be and no diet is supposed to be sustainable. Only healthy eating and exercising will help you to keep your success and this diet is not supposed to teach you this lifestyle. It is only a kick stat help to loose a lot of weight to be able to be more active and get a taste for healthy foods, that's all!

And I don't spend "half of my free time" exercising -- even when I actually hit my exercise goals, which isn't that all that often, it's only about five or six hours a week. Supposedly the average American spends five or six hours a day watching TV.

thats my point again, You are most welcome to exercise, but if you can't or can only very limited due to injuries a little baby, severe obesity, a lot of work etc. then you have to be more concentrated on your diet. which means you can not eat what you want and then just exercise it away. You know what I mean?

And even if you count calories you have to plan the meals very well, to count in how active you are wether you are ready or not to give up sugars etc.
    I count calories but I practically never plan meals. I don't even understand what you're trying to say with the rest of that sentence. Are you saying it's some kind of huge effort to log exercise? (It's not. And I don't have an HRM. I just use a watch and perceived intensity/pace. Lost about 30 pounds in four months doing that, and have kept it off for 18 months while losing another 10 pounds.) And are you suggesting that people have to give up sugars to lose weight or be healthy? I haven't, and I'm not going to -- neither naturally occurring sugars nor added sugars.

Well why are you counting then? how does counting benefit you if you eat a bowl of spaghetti, 3 pieces of cake, a hamburger, fried potatoes etc and what you counted the calories of it and what then? Planing your meals means, that you have a daily calorie intake goal and you have to plan your meals through the day the way that you don't exceed your goal or if you can add exercising which burns calories so you can eat more but still stay within the goal.
    I never said logging is wrong or hard or anything I'm doing it myself without HRM. The sentence simply means every lifestyle is different and different lifestyle means different calorie intake, so you have to suite your meals your lifestyle. And no one HAS to give up on ANYTHING if he don't want. It's a simple choice. You can maintain your weight eating sugar but exercising more or reducing other foods - great. Someone decides to cut out sugars and exercise less or get more other foods in - why not.

• tingtongabc123
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I personally fail to see the problem here.......it could be a worse diet, at least this one requires them to eat healthy foods and not the same thing day in and day out, just because it's strict on some things doesn't make it bad. If they are eating healthy foods and eating at a deficit and actually losing weight then who cares! I say what ever works for them and if they can keep the weight off later even better. People learn along the way what they should and shouldn't have. Let them learn to like the foods they are eating, like the exercise they are getting, and let them learn how to eat what works for them....geeshe people it's not the end of the world.

thank you finally someone who sees the point! no one is forcing anyone to do this diet, if its to strict for you. not your thing move along, why making it bad for others.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    so_delicious_540.jpg
    21871.jpg

Hey, I like these. "Specially the second gif. :D:blush:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    minties82 wrote: »
    Not chemical reactions, just calorie restriction through limiting food choices. You may think you are eating as much as you want, but after a few days, as much as you want of only one thing in a meal (like beef or lamb) is not all that much, as you get tired of the same thing.

I have been on many silly diets and they have all worked - short-term. They are never sustainable and soon enough you will be dreaming of toast or there will be a party or a special occasion and you will tell yourself that you *deserve* to hit the carb/bad/evil food buffet. You are kidding yourself if you think you are going to launch seamlessly into healthy eating after this as you are not learning those lifestyle rules and you will not know any more about food moderation and control than you did before you started.

As soon as you brand any food as off-limits (this one sounds like another carb-free plan), eating that food is becomes a fetish and we want to go on naughty binges, which give us a huge thrill. Nobody binges on celery.

Bull. I'm extremely happy avoiding toast...also 29kg GONE and binge eating disorder well in control.

I just couldn't give up my toast
    hqdefault.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    It doesn't matter how it makes you loose the weight, you don't starve on this diet, it's not just water you loose and you eat good foods, that is all that matters to me.
    Once again if a person doesn't have enough common sense to know that if he goes to his old habits everything will come back, no one can help him.

to write "that's idiotic", not knowing the meal plan itself - is idiotic and immature.

Where do you guys get so much negativity. stop being arrogant and ignorant, only because you did not succeed in something, doesn't mean others won't. But you know what just leave your smart *kitten* coments and talk to me in a month or better in 4 month, I'll prove you wrong. And if I don't you can write me everything smartass and sarcastig you thought reading this comment. Just friend me and have a look in 6 month if i'm back or yoyoing, you'll see I wont.
    Wish you all good luck on your own way weather you are fasting or doing a banana diet or anything, don't let yourself to discourage from what you are doing. And who is interested in the diet I am doing, just PM me I'll tell you the plan and how I was going on it.

adieu

And, in the meantime, you lose muscle mass and stink your surroundings to high heavens.

Also, the only thing required to lose weight is a calorie deficit. No fancy smancy diet, including the egg diet, will help you lose weight unless you are at a calorie deficit, and you don't need any fancy smancy diet at all to lose the weight. No exercise is necessary either.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    so_delicious_540.jpg

LOL LOL LOL! OMG I never thought of that. I'm never going to be able to make chicken parmesan or any other egg wash breaded chicken again!

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    I'm intrigued about the whole "If you mess it up, you have to start again from the beginning" thing. What, you eat a cookie and all the weight you've lost comes back?
  • WinoGelato
    edited May 2015
    I'm intrigued about the whole "If you mess it up, you have to start again from the beginning" thing. What, you eat a cookie and all the weight you've lost comes back?

Yeah I was kind of intrigued by that too. The only thing I think it sounds similar to is people in ketosis who talk about slipping out of ketosis. I don't know enough about the complete plan to know what it means to "start at the beginning" vs "just get back on track".

Maybe it's got like a Candyland type board game and if you land in the gumdrop marsh or something you have to slide back to the beginning of the game board?
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    "I'll show them....I'll show them allllllll !!!!!"

Yeah, alright then, post again in 6 months. Lets see if you are at goal or even close to it, or if instead you are on the grape diet or the blood type diet. I will be at my goal in Sept, no egg plan required. Ate a Big King Burger last night and stayed in calories. Nom Nom.

Anyone else notice that crash diet advocates use the same language as religious fanatics or conspiracy theorists?

So much of the lashing out, so little of the thoughtful self reflection. We have all been there, but I suppose you have to touch the hot plate yourself before you are sure it burns.
  • WinoGelato
    "I'll show them....I'll show them allllllll !!!!!"

Yeah, alright then, post again in 6 months. Lets see if you are at goal or even close to it, or if instead you are on the grape diet or the blood type diet. I will be at my goal in Sept, no egg plan required. Ate a Big King Burger last night and stayed in calories. Nom Nom.

Anyone else notice that crash diet advocates use the same language as religious fanatics or conspiracy theorists?

So much of the lashing out, so little of the thoughtful self reflection. We have all been there, but I suppose you have to touch the hot plate yourself before you are sure it burns.

People don't want to believe it can be as simple as CICO and that by simply counting calories and monitoring portion size, you can continue to eat all the foods you enjoy in moderation and lose weight. If it were that simple, then they don't have a convenient excuse for why they have been overweight for so long. They want to believe they need a kick start or some big bold dramatic move to get things started and THEN they will just seamlessly transition into a lifetime of healthy eating habits. That simply losing some weight is a motivator (which I think it can be) and an educating process (which I do not think losing weight using a particular "diet" is educational at all).

It's kind of like learning how to do long division. Most of us here have been taught how to do that in school and even though I don't have to do it on a daily basis, I know how and understand the principles of how it works. I'm not sure, with the prevalence of calculators and apps, that kids today actually learn the math as well as they should, because it is so easy for them to just plug numbers into their phones and get the answers they are looking for.

And now I feel really old.