Weight Loss & Bra Size

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Sadly, my butt will NEVER go away. Just the way I'm built. The first place I gain or lose IS my boobs.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    My C cups are starting to get too big for me, and I've only lost 13 pounds. I'm sure with the next 20, I will be back to my barely B's . *sigh* at least I have a nice booty and hubby is a butt man. :)
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    It's definitely personal. I've lost three band sizes (38" to 32"), but have remained the same cup size (H). Of course, my boobs are a lot smaller in real terms. Just wish I could lose a couple of cup sizes so I could start buying cheap bras!
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    As people said, the fat comes off in different places for everyone. I've lost 3 band and 1 cup size in bras since losing 50 lbs. I don't feel like they're any smaller though.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    As above, I lost 30lb and went from a 34-36E to a 30-32E (depending on the brand), they certainly look less 'full' but they're still awesome
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    I'm down about 119.5lbs and while my boobs have shrunk, they have stayed the same proportion to my body. I'm a 34F currently. My band goes down and my boobs only shrink enough so that they are the same cup size (if that makes sense). I've given up hope of ever being able to buy cheap bra's from walmart or target at this point (down to last 10 lbs).

I weight a little more than you but am a 30-32 band, unless you're very broad on top are you sure you're in the right size?!

• RonRoff
    RonRoff Posts: 175 Member
    I came here for the boob pics. the amount of boob pics is to damn low! ;-)
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    I lost 90-ish pounds and went from a 46DD to a 38DD. I lost weight in my back, face and legs first, gut is still big. We all lose differently. I'd say buy some cheap bras until you're at goal weight, and then get the fancy stuff. I'm buying Target bras and am saving Victoria Secret as an end-game prize.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    elliej wrote: »
    I'm down about 119.5lbs and while my boobs have shrunk, they have stayed the same proportion to my body. I'm a 34F currently. My band goes down and my boobs only shrink enough so that they are the same cup size (if that makes sense). I've given up hope of ever being able to buy cheap bra's from walmart or target at this point (down to last 10 lbs).

I weight a little more than you but am a 30-32 band, unless you're very broad on top are you sure you're in the right size?!

Maybe I phrased that oddly. I'm 140lbs and I've lost 119.5 lbs.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I've lost about 50 pounds, and I went from a 38C to a 32F (equivalent cup sizes--only the band size changed). It wasn't until the last 5-10 pounds that my cup size changed--I'm now in a 32D.

I would highly suggest seeking out a professional bra fitter to make sure you are in the correct size--I would much rather pay a little more for someone to find me a bra that fits perfectly than spend hours pawing through the racks at a department store.
  • Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    my face and waist and stomach lost first

then my legs, butt and boobs started to reduce

I've gone from a 36DD/E to a 34 C/D and that makes me sad .. I like boobies :bigsmile:

Snap rabbit, except my boobs were the first place it went... 36DD to a 34C/D. My face, hips and butt are also disappearing but my belly is sticking around for the ride... so generous of it...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I have lost over 100 lb. so far. My bra size has gone from a 50 DD to a 44 I. Yes, I have dropped 3 band sizes but gone UP 4 cup sizes! I have lost across the upper back and rib cage, but the "girls" themselves aren't going down nearly as much in proportion. I still have 40 lb to lose so I am hoping they do eventually. Right now my top is almost 2 sizes larger than my bottom and I have always fit into clothing well before. I am buying a lot of separates right now, but I am having trouble with swimsuits because I need a one-piece for lap swimming so I buy them to fit the top and the bottom is a bit loose.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    hmaddpear wrote: »
    It's definitely personal. I've lost three band sizes (38" to 32"), but have remained the same cup size (H). Of course, my boobs are a lot smaller in real terms. Just wish I could lose a couple of cup sizes so I could start buying cheap bras!

I am right there with you! I went from a size 40G/H to a 34G/H with 60+ lbs lost. Both professionally fitted. At that point I realized I'll probably never lose in the cup, and am now scheduled for reduction surgery this summer.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2015
    220 lbs to 141 lbs
    I went from a 38 DD to a 32 D. I'd rather wear a push up padded bra than wear spanx.
    I lost from the top down. I gain from the bottom up.
    Last place to gain is the first to go.
    My back rolls went first, then my arms then my boobs.
    STILL working on leaning out from the waist down.
    It will be the last to go.
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    when I lost 84lbs, I went from a 38G to a 32DD :) Result!
  • annanavis
    annanavis Posts: 11 Member
    I've lost a total of 50 lbs since September (~220 to 170, still ~30 to goal; I actually started at 260, went to 180 a couple years ago, regained back to 220, and then started all over again), and have gone from a 38B to a 34C. No idea why the cup size went up as the band size went down? Whatever. But I have no idea what will happen next to my chest...

As for where I lost first, I lost first in rear, then hips/legs/calves/ankle (my shoes even feel too wide - weird feeling), along with face, neck and chest. Stomach is still pooch-y, but I guess that comes last for a lot of people, so I'm not worried. I've lost inches in all areas recently, even though my weight has actually plateaued for a couple of weeks, which I can't figure out, but I'm not worried.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Everyone loses differently personally the holy grail for me would be to lose a few cup sizes.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Genetics determines where you lose your weight first. I lose from my stomach first and always have. Both my sister and I carry our weight in our bums/thighs, but I carry it in my chest too. My mom loses from her stomach last.

I used to be thin and at 110lbs and 5'5 I was a 32 C/D. I'm now a 34DDD (which barely fits anymore, so I'm thinking I may be an E now) at 175ish lbs. As I lose I'm losing from my stomach mostly, but I've lost some of my boobs too which I'm glad about. I want my D's back!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    I've definitely lost weight in my boobs but I'm not actually sure what size I am now. I'm still wearing my old bras 'cause I've been too cheap to invest in new ones just yet -- I'm waiting 'til my goal weight. I did buy a new sports bra, but the sizing on those is different from regular bras for me, so it's hard to tell. When I measured 33" underbust and 39" bust, I was wearing bras in 34DDD. Now I measure 28.5" underbust and 35" bust, so technically that could measure out at a 28F or a 30D, but it seems to me that bras in those sizes are exceptionally rare and I'd probably be more likely to end up in something like a 32C, just because they'd be easier to find. I'd have to go get fitted and try on bras before I know for sure.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I've never understood bra sizes.

Would a 38D person's breast fit in a 32D cup? (Despite not being able to do up the strap.)