Wheelchair user 130lbs healthier!

Replies

• BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    A-MA-ZING! Very inspirational. You show dedication, strength, endurance.... And, congratulations on your getting married!
  • imogen__may
    imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
    Thank you everyone, such lovey comments, I'm hugging you all!!! x x
  • setlak
    setlak Posts: 3 Member
    You look amazing!! what an inspiration.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Whow... talk about a 180!! Your face, your feet, your chair, your so healthy now! Congratiolations, it´s very impressive! (Actualy you looked cute before as well). No wonder you got snatched up and proposed to... LOL. Best wishes for your future.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    amazing hard work, thank u so much for sharing :)
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Congrats! That is amazing
  • QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    You are amazing!! And you look amazing!! Thank you for the uplifting post
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    This is why I have mfp. For the stories of inspiration. I love seeing ppl not make excuses but make it happen. You look awesome. Great job!!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Well done!!! You're the perfect example of making it work with exactly what you have! No excuses! So proud of you for committing to a better lifestyle, just beautiful. :heart:
  • imogen__may
    imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
    jamesdc71 wrote: »
    I consider myself very lucky to have lost what I did when I did & then went on to qualify as a personal trainer, fitness instructor, various group/class instructor, dietician & nutritionalist & a further 8 qualifications in the health & fitness industry purely to see how much I had learnt on my journey then put myself & qualifications to good use for charity work until end of 2012 which was when I started to become unwell then ended up in the wheelchair within just 2 weeks which I didn't handle at all well with being so active & running was my favourite, I was in the process of training for my first ultra marathon of 100 miles continuously & was at a little over 56 miles in less than 8 hours, now for me it's free weights, resistance training, wheelchair sprinting, never use an electric anything as self propelling is my cardio & always park as far as I can from where I'm going, keep an eye on my food, used many trackers over the years & now using an Apple Watch which is surprisingly accurate for wheelchair self propelling.

I am now pretty much in the maintenance stage which will continue making the best of life as I possibly can not really a photo person so have very little of the physical changes.

Fantastic story! Always pleased to hear from other wheelchair users/disabled people talking about how they manage too. There seems to little info for disabled people out there about how to manage weight and of course it's really difficult because we all need different things, but it makes it really confusing too!

Well done for doing such a good job!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    omg!! that is amazing! you look great! congratulations on your hard work! :)
  • catruledquilter
    catruledquilter Posts: 48 Member
    Imogen, you look amazing! You've done an amazing job of transforming yourself and regaining your health! It's wonderful that you haven't seen the inside of an ICU for 4 years and that you are getting married!!
    :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Brilliant lass! I'm wondering how to use your inspirational story to help someone very dear to me.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Wow!
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Great job! you look fantastic. Thank you for sharing your story its truly inspirational ;)
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    What an inspiration!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Imogen, you have done so well, you should be very proud of yourself :)
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Wow, so inspirational. After reading stories like these I don't know how non-disabled people can make excuses as to not live a healthy lifestyle. Anyway, you look great and I am happy for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!