fat > skinny-fat > fit (+imgz)

evedroid
evedroid Posts: 134 Member
highest - happiest
e5eio44f72l7.jpg

3 years today.
I am not exactly where I wanted to be by now, but I promised myself to post my story on my third MFP anniversary. If I wasn't half-assing things (mainly food wise), I could have been in my 'desired' shape, but in all fairness, what matters is, that now I'm the healthiest I have ever been. Physically, and getting there mentally too.
So... I signed up three years ago, 19th of May 2012, 6 months after my daughter's birth, to lose weight. Logged it all. My pre- and post pregnancy weight was sort of the same, I was borderline overweight. (167cm - 72kg / 5'5 - 158lbs) I started on the 1200kcal route, and lost around 20kg/40lbs within just 4 months, hitting my lowest, 53kg/116lbs, which put me to borderline underweight. Things have spiralled out of control, my body didn't at all look how I wanted it to, so I thought I needed to lose more. I started to starve on purpose, then came the binge-purge cycle, and gained half of the weight back within a few months. This was around the time, when I realised, I have always been a binge/emotional eater, without knowing it, thus why I was always the chubby girl. Basically have gone from one eating disorder to another.
In February 2013 I decided to get a grip on things, and took up jogging, because more food I guess. I hated (and still dislike) it. I lurked on the forums, reading up success stories, educating myself on how to achieve the look I want to. Learned about nutrition, body fat-lean mass ratio and whatever else.
In April 2013 I bought *the* starter book, NROL4W, and jumped into lifting. And I'm lifting since. It has done wonders to my body, and my mind too. Not going to lie, it does feel like a chore sometimes, I do wake up every so often, thinking, let's just screw it all, I can't be bothered... But it became a habit by now, a lifestyle, a therapy... And as soon as I lift my bum off the sofa and get to finish the first set, I'm all over it, wanting to push myself.
However, I still have issues with bingeing. I'm not ashamed, as I've learnt to accept it, but this doesn't mean I do not fight against it daily. I came far, and I'm trying my best, for me, and that's what really matters.

highest - lowest - healthiest
3teh25ny7nf8.jpg

because squats
f5hnjjg5tnzy.jpg
5ub8hxuhh2h5.jpg

dat traps and delts and bicep vein doe
ogm2aloqcs60.jpg

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    You look fantastic! Congrats, you are such an inspiration! Makes me feel like I might be able to learn to cope with my binging habits.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    y u so sexy tho?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Oh my word, that quad side-by-side. <3

Awesome work, lady!
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    ^For serious.

Woman, you are awesome. <3
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Nice work! Those extra kg look so good on you! Lighter is not always better... Congrats!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Wow! You look fantastic!
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Proof that squats are king! Great work, you look wonderful :)
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited May 2015
    Wow - those last two photos really grabbed my attention and looking at them must make you realize that your hours in the gym were all well worth it. You really were ready for your close-up(s) :smiley:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    You're amazing woman! Woot Woot!
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Oh my gawd! You are amazing. Every minute in the gym is worth it. Keep taking care of yourself. You are so worth it!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    I love your honesty, and your dedication. Also love your "because squats" results!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Amazing!!!! Congrats :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Nice work! You look amazing!
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    I never knew squats could make THAT much difference. wow!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Great work, keep going and don't worry about the speedbumps.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    giphy.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Great work!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    You look so strong and fit. Fantastic job!
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Proof that the scale doesn't really tell you a lot about where you are on your journey, thank you for reminding me of that. You look great and a big congrats on all your amazing progress.
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Wow awesome leg tranformation!! Seriously it looks amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!