i hate eggs

Okay i wanna start dieting. What should i eat or what could i eat for breakfast, i don't like eggs, egg whites anything that has to do with eggs i dont like, neither oatmeal so please someone help i know breakfast is the most important meal of the day

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I recently started actually liking breakfast foods myself. However, there is no rule that breakfast has to be breakfast food. Some days I just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast.

Other options are a protein smoothie (so many ideas and recipes online), lunch meat with cheese rolled up and some vegetables or fruit, leftovers from the previous night, granola bar and a cheese stick, etc. Recently, I have also become obsessed with Sargento Balanced Breaks (these could easily be made in advance with your own store bought ingredients), they are easy on the go and I just add some kind of vegetable like carrot sticks.

Just break the idea that breakfast has to be breakfast food and a whole smorgasbord of opportunities opens up.

Good luck!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    I don't eat eggs either. Nor do I eat any dairy products (severely lactose-intolerant). I don't mind oatmeal now and then but it isn't a favorite food. There's so many things to eat when you include lots of vegetables and fruit as mainstays of your daily intake. I make a green smoothie, enough for two breakfasts, and I have a handful of walnuts or sunflower seeds, and sometimes a piece of fruit, too. Just eat till you're full. That's after I have a cup or two of coffee with soy milk in it. But think outside the box. Who says you have to have eggs, or even meat of any kind, for breakfast? I have chili sometimes, or just some fruit, or potatoes fried with soy chorizo and onions (with corn tortillas -- very filling). I try to eat the bulk of my calories before 2pm and eat less in the evenings. (I'm not always successful.) You can eat whatever you like for breakfast. Just eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    There is no reason you should eat eggs or oatmeal. There's no reason you have to eat any breakfast at all.

I usually have some fruit or yogurt. You can have cereal (make sure it's not too high in sugar), you can have a sandwich, you can have bacon on its own. Just make it fit into your calorie allowance.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    eat what you like then and just fit it in your day.

like pancakes? eat em.
    like ribs and baked beans? eat it.
    cereal? go for it.

dont worry about what meal food is "supposed" to be, just eat what you like in moderation.

and breakfast is NOT the most important meal of the day. if youre hungry in the morning, eat breakfast. if youre not, then dont.
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    If you don't like eggs, don't eat them. There's no reason you should eat anything you really hate. Also there's no reason you have to eat breakfast. There are lots of people on this site who have had great losses and never do. Your overall calories for the day just have to be less than what you burn, it doesn't matter when you eat them other than personal choice.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    MikaMojito wrote: »
    There is no reason you should eat eggs or oatmeal. There's no reason you have to eat any breakfast at all.

I usually have some fruit or yogurt. You can have cereal (make sure it's not too high in sugar), you can have a sandwich, you can have bacon on its own. Just make it fit into your calorie allowance.

+1.

Also, it may be helpful not to think of this as "dieting".

• _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Eat some fruit and yogurt.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Breakfast is *not* the most important meal of the day. That line is only one of the most successful marketing strategies ever executed, but it has no basis in reality. Eat whatever you want, within reason, as long as it fits your calories. Make a breakfast stir fry, cold pizza, whatever.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I completely agree about not eating breakfast if you are not hungry as well. I wake up at 6:15 in the morning and don't eat "breakfast" until about 9:30 or 10:00 AM. I am trying to just eat when I am hungry and that seems to be about the time each morning that my body starts saying "feed me!"
  • jharlowlives
    jharlowlives Posts: 41 Member
    You can't diet without eating eggs and oatmeal for breakfast so I'm really sorry, but, I believe you just aren't cut out for this lifestyle.
  • aDivingBelle
    aDivingBelle Posts: 49 Member
    I eat fruit and yogurt for breakfast. It's easy if you are on the go too. Just grab and go.
  • jolene_flowerz
    jolene_flowerz Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you all so much i feel less stressed on my goal to losing weight thanks
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Toast
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    just here to join in the egg hate
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Thank you all so much i feel less stressed on my goal to losing weight thanks

If you haven't taken the time to read the stickies at the top of each section of the forum, you might find some of them helpful. This one in particular is a good place to start.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    You can't diet without eating eggs and oatmeal for breakfast so I'm really sorry, but, I believe you just aren't cut out for this lifestyle.

:huh:

Or was this sarcasm that I seem to have narrowly missed?
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Even dieting you can have pancakes and/or waffles. These are easily made on the weekend and eaten throughout the week with fruit and or yogurt. Look online for low cal recipes. There are also many ideas for "breakfasts" that don't include eggs or oatmeal. Toast with avocado for one.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    You can eat whatever you want for breakfast - doesn't have to be "breakfast food" - my favorite breakfast, although not calorie friendly is cold pizza.

And here's something crazy - you don't even need to eat breakfast if you don't want to!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited May 2015
    I only like my eggs scrambled or in an omelet. I love oatmeal though.

One of the glories of MFP is all foods are "in" as long as they fit in your calorie goal. If you want to start out your day with a good breakfast, pick foods you like. Proteins are good for staying power, which is why eggs are often mentioned. If you don't like eggs, there are other sources of protein like ham, cheese, Greek yogurt, peanut butter on toast, or a whey protein smoothie.
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    I had leftover chipotle for breakfast today btw if that helps lol...