Logging unknown food

Today a co-worker brought me some indian food and I have no idea what it was. How do I log items when I don't know what they are?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Guess or quick add. Sometimes I've used google to try and figure out what I just ate to get something close to it to log. Or can you ask the co-worker what it was?
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    lol that was brave of you
  • roge0195
    roge0195 Posts: 23 Member
    I log a different food that I guess is similar in calories, fat, etc. It's not accurate but better than leaving it off!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    If you don't eat it often, just give it your best guess. If it's something you'll eat more than once or twice, try to trace it back to the person that made it.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Today a co-worker brought me some indian food and I have no idea what it was. How do I log items when I don't know what they are?

Could you ask your co-worker what she cooked ? I can't imagine that she cooked something and did not know what it was, which at least makes an educated guess possible.
    Also, if this is an every-once.in-a-while thing and you otherwise log correctly, I would not worry too much and just enjoy ! If you recognize some ingredients, maybe you can just guess.....