Thoughts on shirt size?

m_kipp
m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey everyone.
I am doing well on MFP (down 16 lbs so far...20 or so to go). My wife says I look a LOT thinner when I wear shirts that are more trim than I normally would. I am SO aware of the "rolls" and such when I wear smaller fitting shirts. It makes me feel chubby. The more baggy shirts make me FEEL better but if I LOOK thinner, maybe I should wear more slim cut shirts?
What are your thoughts? How do you all dress? Thanks!!!!

Replies

• equinegirl200
    equinegirl200 Posts: 35 Member
    Listen to your wife... she is always right.
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Since I have no idea on how tall you are or how much you weigh, my only advice is wear stuff that fits. If it's too baggy, you'll look bigger, if it's too tight you'll look pudgy and soft(unless you're shredded).
  • hurricaneemly
    hurricaneemly Posts: 23 Member
    This is accurate... If she says you're hot, you're hot.

• m_kipp
    This is accurate... If she says you're hot, you're hot.

Ha! Thanks!

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    I have the same issue. I find that trimmer fit does indeed make you look thinner overall, but sometimes still feel pudgy when I sit down in them. As above, if your wife endorses it, go with it!
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Same dilemma here. I'm big, 3XL, and shirts are looking a bit baggy. I like wearing shirts that are baggy that were tight before.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Definitely listen to your wife.

I went through this with my clothes. It took a long time with my husband telling me "your shirt is not too tight, it is supposed to fit like that, you look great" before I finally got used to it. I'm a pretty conservative dresser and felt like I was doing a complete 180 wearing fitted clothes but now I realize that I am still dressing to my liking and just look better/tidier.
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member

:D ... This

• m_kipp
    jemhh wrote: »
    Definitely listen to your wife.
    I went through this with my clothes. It took a long time with my husband telling me "your shirt is not too tight, it is supposed to fit like that, you look great" before I finally got used to it. I'm a pretty conservative dresser and felt like I was doing a complete 180 wearing fitted clothes but now I realize that I am still dressing to my liking and just look better/tidier.

Thanks! I am with you. I see EVERY flaw when I am wearing a tighter shirt. She thinks I have an image issue and she might be right. The problem is that I know what I WANT to look like and I am no where near that....YET.......I need to embrace my new changes!

• m_kipp
    edited May 2015
    agartin wrote: »

:D ... This

HA, thanks!
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    I dropped a shirt size recently and bought some new shirts with the smaller shirt size. They feel good but when i sit down their a bit more fitted. I love wearing baggy shirts, but i have seen the way i look and its just not a very nice look although its way more comfortable. I think i'm going to tailor my shirts though to find a happy median.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

Yes, dear.
  • m_kipp
    I dropped a shirt size recently and bought some new shirts with the smaller shirt size. They feel good but when i sit down their a bit more fitted. I love wearing baggy shirts, but i have seen the way i look and its just not a very nice look although its way more comfortable. I think i'm going to tailor my shirts though to find a happy median.

Thanks!