Best alcoholic drink while trying to lose weight

ktuofa
ktuofa Posts: 220 Member
i do great with my food intake but when I go and have drinks with friends, it kills me seeing how many calories there are. Anyone suggest good drinks with a minimal amount of calories?

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Vodka and diet mixer is my choice. I just lower my carbs on the day, plus sometimes the day before and the day after in order to fit drinks in. Although I usually choose to not drink as it killed my results last time I was cutting.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I second the vodka, I'm having one right now with a sugar free lemonade.
  • roge0195
    roge0195 Posts: 23 Member
    Vodka with soda water. I have it with a slice of lime. I find these are much better with a high quality vodka like Kettle One or Grey Goose than with the rail. This is my substitute for gin and tonic (tonic has calories, soda water does not.)

There are many fruit vodkas (like Stoli Razz or Absolut makes several kinds). I don't know if those have added calories or not...

If you make a vodka soda yourself try measuring the vodka to 1 oz. and use a large glass. It's very refreshing and I can have more drinks than if it's a 2.5 oz bartender pour in a lowball ;) I bought a Soda Stream and make plain soda that way (no need to add anything)

I love craft beer but 12 oz. is often well over 200 calories.
  • yasminbower1991
    yasminbower1991 Posts: 63 Member
    Vodka and diet lemonade is my drink of choice x
  • roge0195
    roge0195 Posts: 23 Member
    Oh another thought - I knew someone who would order straight whiskey and a separate glass of water. She could nurse the glass of whiskey for hours and keep refilling the water.

I don't like whiskey unless it's mixed with ginger ale which completely defeats the purpose...
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    +1 to vodka with diet suggestions

also vodka with soda water

or rum/whiskey with diet
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Vodka and diet lemonade is my drink of choice x

I drink this, too... yellow or pink SF lemonade... it's 83 calories per serving.

Diet coke and rum is easy to order out... though a little more calories.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    So much rum and diet coke ♡♡♡. Kraken
  • Countdown23
    Countdown23 Posts: 2 Member
    Well of course this group caught my attention. :) I wasn't sure whether to save up my drink and have in one session or to just include 1 or 2 in my diary for the week? To me either way there would be calories added. Also 1 way would be binge drinking and the other way is habit forming.
    What has worked for others? Barbara
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    check out this site - 10 Skinny Cocktails http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-skinny-cocktails , you will find a lot of recipes by simply google similar words
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    I prefer vodka - I like Bloody Mary's and vodka martini's the best. Not so sure what the caloric #s would be; but, I can drink a spicy Virgin Mary and feel like I can do this when out with friends; so the alcohol isn't in it and the only thing I have to worry about is how much the mixer or tomato juice would be. I don't drink that much; but, I would think that 'anything' mixed with colas would be 'high' in calories.
  • LBeet
    LBeet Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2015
    Something different since everyone else is saying spirits and diet soda: Ricard (anise aperitif) has about 80 calories. You're meant to mix it with cold water. It's so refreshing in the summer and despite being 45% alcohol it doesn't taste like alcohol. A lot of people aren't into the anise taste though and it might look weird to order it at a night club.
  • ktuofa
    ktuofa Posts: 220 Member
    Thank you guys for your suggestions! I will definitely try some of these!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Tequila, water, cal sweetener and lime juice makes a great and quick 60 calorie margarita...
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I can't stomach vodka... but I LOVE tequila, soda water, and a splash of lime juice.