celiac and diabetic

Options
Hey guys! I have celiac disease and am also a type one diabetic do you guys have any gluten free healthy foods you guys like?? :)

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Well, I have celiac disease, but I'm not diabetic.

I tend to, with rare exceptions, stay away from the gluten-free analogs of gluten-containing foods. When I was first diagnosed, I ate them, but over time, I found them less and less satisfying. They also tend to be made of starchy carbs which might cause you issues with your diabetes, but I'm not sure.

I started to focus more on foods that were naturally gluten free and found dishes based around those.

The one analog food that I still eat is pasta. I found the Explore Asia line of bean pastas, and I really like the mung bean and edamame fettuccine a lot. They're high in protein and fiber.
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have coeliacs, feel free to add me.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    A lot of paleo recipes worked well for me cooking for those two dietary constraints. I went on Pinterest and just searched for paleo recipe and then would put in whatever main ingredient I was looking for. It was a quick way to search, because you get an image of all the recipes, so that was really nice. :-)
  • ashleyhetzel92
    ashleyhetzel92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks :)