5 Foods that a Nutritionist recommends NEVER to eat after the age of 45

124»

Replies

• biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    I do not eat artificial sweeteners (makes my belly bloat like I am 8 month pregnant). I don't drink soymilk, tastes disgusting. Bread that can last for 3 weeks without getting moldy..... very suspicious. But I love love butter. So I trust my belly and colon, the best nutritionists in the world.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    Why eat margarine when you can have butter?
    Mmmmm....butter.... *drool*

Exactly! LOL
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    linette49 wrote: »
    No one should eat margarine. It's one molecule away from becoming plastic. I don't know about you but I will not willingly ingest plastic. Nothing natural about it. Google it for yourself .

Water is one atom away from Peroxide. Would you want to willingly ingest Peroxide?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    linette49 wrote: »
    No one should eat margarine. It's one molecule away from becoming plastic. I don't know about you but I will not willingly ingest plastic. Nothing natural about it. Google it for yourself .

And water is one molecule away from being hydrogen peroxide. That argument is ridiculous.

Damn you!
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Every certified dietician I know calls themselves a nutritionist. And, thanks to a family member with a severe GI disorder, I know a few. Heck, even many nutrition scientists refer to themselves as nutritionists. While I agree that it's a good idea to check credentials, all nutritionists should not be discounted.

Fair enough! Amusingly any of the RD's I've been exposed to are the opposite. I think I just know who are like, actively aggressive to the word nutritionist and crazy gung ho about not using it haha :P
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I do not eat artificial sweeteners (makes my belly bloat like I am 8 month pregnant). I don't drink soymilk, tastes disgusting. Bread that can last for 3 weeks without getting moldy..... very suspicious. But I love love butter. So I trust my belly and colon, the best nutritionists in the world.

Bread that can last for 3 weeks without getting moldy?? You must live in a very dry climate.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I'm almost 41 so I still have a few years to have these things but most of them I don't want anyway.

Artificial Sweeteners- I avoid them because I get headaches and I think they taste bad. I don't think they are evil, just not for me. I eat regular sugar.
    Orange juice- I drink mostly water or unsweetened tea. I really only drink orange juice if I am sick. I rarely get sick.
    whole wheat bread- I eat it pretty frequently. That isn't going to change after age 45.
    Soy milk- Never use it. I don't have anything against it but don't have a reason to use it. I use regular whole milk on cereal or in cooking. Probably won't change when I am 45.
    Margarine- I use regular butter. I think margarine is vile and not worth using at any age.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Oh brother, she takes things to a whole new level of dumb.

Awwww thanks to my fan for the flag. You know your little flag means nothing right? I just add it to my collection.

LOL.... I actually caught that. I thought. Yep he gets flagged again. For what? Don't know. Must be a fan. Ha!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I am 51 yo and consume all of these things at times.

Artificial Sweeteners- I have no problem with these in some foods. The yogurt and pudding I buy is sweetened artificially. I sometimes use diet cranberry juice for making sangria.
    Orange juice- Never been a fan, but I never turn down a mimosa!
    whole wheat bread- I don't eat a lot of bread but when I do it's usually whole wheat
    Soy milk- Except for cooking, all milk I consume is either soy or almond.
    Margarine- I rarely use either either, but I use margarine more often than butter.