Any June 2015 Moms?

Replies

• Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    @NikkisixGuns If you already had your 32-34 weeks ultrasounds, they might not do another one. I have one every week because I am a high risk pregnancy patient now. Seriously, I stopped counting my visits... In either case, if your boy was head down already, it is unlikely he will rotate. Gravity is on your side here :) Also, doctors can figure out the baby's position by touching your belly and using a Doppler. At least mine did when I was about 28 weeks along.

It is unbelievable how fast time flew by! Im in awe and a little bit of panic, to be honest. I do miss my old body and ability to run 10 miles like it's nothing, but at the same time, I am not sure if I'm ready for this baby to come into our lives. Does it matter now, does it? They'll be here soon! :)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    @Runningmischka, I haven't had an ultrasound since 19 weeks, so I should have another one soon, I hope! I'm 34 weeks today.

Time sure has flown! I can relate to your comment about being ready to have your old body back, but I'm also not ready for a baby. Yikes! But you're right - no going back now!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    So it's May. MAY. The last month before my big guy arrives. I've been thinking about this time period for months, and I'm in shock that it's here now. Reminds me of my wedding day; I remember standing in front of the Bishop, totally spacing out and thinking, "this is happening... really happening.... been thinking about what this would be like for years... this is bizarre... it's my wedding day... I'm getting married... oh, shoot... I should probably pay attention to what he's saying!" :D

Anyone drinking raspberry tea? I've read a couple of comments about people that drink it and swear it helps with labor. I'm curious.

Yesterday I had my first taste of how much "fun" these next several weeks are going to be. I was in class after work and I think the little guy flipped over because I suddenly felt a ton of pressure way down low. Felt like my bladder was being stabbed and my cervix was being pinched. And at the same time he started squirming and putting pressure on my ribs. I had to get up and walk the halls and up and down the stairs for about ten minutes to ease all the weird pains! Haven't had any Braxton-Hicks contractions yet. Bet those are going to add to the fun...
  • Runningmischka
    It is May indeed :o Which could also be the month my little one comes to the world. I will find out tomorrow if my doctor thinks I should be induced early. In any case, only a handful of weeks left, yikes! Surprisingly, our baby room is completely set up. All it needs is a baby :)

I am not drinking raspberry tea, this is the first time I hear about it. What do people mean by "helping in labor"? Easing the pain? Shortening the labor? I am curious, but also very skeptical (this is the nerdy scientific side of me talking :# )

@NikkiSixGuns I think you might have experienced what it's called "lightening", when the baby drops deeper in the pelvis. But don't take my word for it :) Also, not everyone is experiencing Braxton-Hicks, I have not had any yet either. My doctor said it is completely normal if they never happen.

Have a good Sunday, June mommas!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    I didn't have any Braxton Hicks with my first pregnancy, but have had a tonnnnn with this one (my third). In fact, around 32/33 weeks I had a day where it literally felt like I might be going into labor. Doctor said that's normal with the subsequent pregnancies. Hoping it means things are "happening" down there and baby will be a tad early- can't wait to find out what we are having!
    I've heard raspberry tea helps start labor...is that what you mean?? Of course, with my first I tried everything they recommend to induce labor: long walks, sex, spicy food, bouncing on an exercise ball...and I still wasn't dilated/had to be induced. With my second I just waited- they'll come when they're ready!!!:)
    My doula has been telling me that eating 6 dates a day helps labor go faster...I just can't get over the taste, though! Trying to push through it...we are trying the natural way this time around, and I definitely wouldn't mind a faster labor since that is the case!
    I'm a pound away from the max I wanted to gain this pregnancy- 30 lbs. So chances are, I'll be going over my goal:/ With my first I gained 40, my second 30, and we shall see what happens with this one! Can't do anything about it at this point other than continuing to eat well and work out.
    You're all doing great ladies, we are in the home stretch!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Well, here's hoping for no Braxton-Hicks contractions! I can't say I've enjoyed being pregnant, and I'm really not looking forward to the next almost six weeks since I hear the home stretch is the toughest. Hopefully the remainder will have very few of the bad symptoms...

As for the raspberry tea, the comments I read were that it could shorten labor and make it less painful when drank regularly during the last few months of pregnancy. I wouldn't try it unless my doctor OK'd it, but I was curious what experience others had with it.

Congrats on finishing your daughter's room, @Runningmischka! It's exciting (and a litttle daunting, I'm sure) to know that she could be here this month. Does it help set your mind at ease to know that when she does come you've got her space set up?

Our son's room is not ready yet! I keep hearing that he could be here any time after another three weeks, but we haven't had much time to work on it. The school semester ends in 2 1/2 weeks, and after that I'll have some time after work. Part of the problem is also that we're having two baby showers (one by my work, the other by our parents) and they're won't happen for another few weeks. So we haven't bought much because we don't want to duplicate anything. I suspect the last few weeks before he arrives are going to be extra hectic!

So what are you all thinking about birth plans? Are you going to do a written plan to share with the hospital? I'm thinking about putting a few things in writing and giving it to my husband to hang on to in case anything comes up. Mostly I'm very open about the experience. Whatever needs to happen, I'm fine with. Except for an epesiotomy. Yikes. An epesiotomy is the one procedure that really scares me. I've heard countless times how bad the epesiotomy experience can be, in spite of asking people not to share their "horror stories" with me. Several times after I've asked folks not to tell me the bad stuff they've said something to the effect of, "OK, but I just want to tell you this one thing that will help you - don't let them give you an epesiotomy!" :#

This weekend my husband and I also had a discussion about what happens if something goes wrong and the doctors have to make a mommy versus baby decision. That's a really hard conversation to have, and we would both rather not have had it. But I wanted to make sure that if something like that did come up and my husband had to make a call, he wouldn't be completely blindsided by having to make that decision alone. We would have made that decision together ahead of time. Horrible thing to think about, but it's important to us.

On a happier note, my doctor confirmed that they'll do one more ultrasound before our due date. Yay! I can't wait to see how the big guy is changing!

Hope you're all off to a great start of the week and feeling good!
  • Runningmischka
    Hello ladies. It's official: I am no longer a June mommmy-to-be as my induction has been scheduled for May 21. Yes, it is just two weeks away! I have been trying to process this for the last 3 days, and it's still very surreal. Well, whether I'm ready or not, it's happening.

I went to a doctor yesterday and everything looks good, the baby scored 8/8 of her ultrasound exam, fluids look good, everything is normal. The technician printed out toooons of sono pictures, that was nice of her :) My little runner is moving around like crazy! You should see my husband's face when he waves going on all over my baby. It's like a little alien inside me trying to get out hahahaha.

Having a baby shower tomorrow with my family and just some close friends. Should be fun.
    Work is crazy busy (end of semester at a college), so that keeps me on my toes. Cannot wait to be done with work so I can focus on my little munchkin.

I am still going to "hang out" with you, June mommies. :) Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Runningmischka
    My little runner is moving around like crazy! You should see my husband's face when he waves going on all over my baby. It's like a little alien inside me trying to get out hahahaha.

This should read "You should see my husband's face when he sees waves going on all over my belly."
    My proofreading skills failed me :D
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Wow, @Runningmischka! That is a tremendous change to process! I can't imagine what you're feeling. Why did they move you up so far?

Can relate to the husband's reaction to all the belly movement, though! So funny to see it through their eyes! I am almost used to all the sensations, but when I see his reaction it reminds me of how odd it actually is. I think that feeling the movement is the ONE thing I will miss about being pregnant. Before I felt it I dreaded it, and now I'm not sure I'm ready for it to end.

Hoping you get some rest and enjoy your baby shower this weekend!
  • Jillsie11
    edited May 2015
    Had my 36 week appointment today and I'm already 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Granted I still have a ways to go, but It was encouraging for me to hear that all these contractions are helping me progress! Maybe I'll have a May baby too!!:)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Yay, @Jillsie11! I bet it does feel good to know that you're progressing. I go in for my 36 week appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some good news also! Did they also do an ultrasound, or was it just an exam?
  • Jillsie11
    Thanks! Yah, with my first I didn't dilate at ALL- even at 40 weeks pregnant, so this news was super exciting:) It was just an exam. At 36 weeks, they usually do the Strep B test, and so often they'll just check ya while they're down there:) I had a feeling I was making some progress, but there is still a long ways to go! We are almost there, ladies!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Just had the Strep B test and they did check for dilation. Still closed up tight and I'm OK with that! Not quite ready for this train to start leaving the station...
    No ultrasound, but that's OK since my husband couldn't make this appointment. She did feel my tummy and immediately said he's in the head-down position. I was surprised and asked about it, and she said - "definitely! his head is directly over your bladder, which I'm sure you've been feeling!" I asked if he's likely to move between now and D-Day, and she said it's pretty rare. Let's hope he stays that way!
  • Jillsie11
    How is everyone doing?? Been pretty quiet here lately!!
    Had my 37 week appointment on Tuesday and I was still only 1 cm dilated but cervix was softer. So I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of progress. BUT, I have been getting a lot of contractions lately and I really feel like it could be anytime- although, that MAY be wishful thinking.
    Over the last 3 weeks my total weight gain has been.....-1 lb!!! So today I was doing some research, and a lot of articles said it's completely normal to LOSE weight right before the baby comes, which I had forgotten about! So we will see....can't believe we are this close!
    How is everyone else? Feeling good and ready to have these babies?!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Hi Jillsie! Sure sounds like YOU'RE ready!! ;) Which is great! I am not... Finally finished the school semester last week, and still have two weeks of work left (I'm only taking off a few days before my due date) so I feel like I really need some time between school ending and baby arriving. Plus with school over for the summer we finally (FINALLY) have some time to prep for our incoming family member. Got the crib set up on Sunday. Saturday we had our baby shower, so we shopped over the weekend for some of the missing items we really need. I haven't experienced nesting, but then again I'm pretty obsessive about housework and organization ALL the time. Haven't noticed any increase, though.
    Had a rough night last night! Between the potty breaks, upset tummy, heartburn, unable to find a comfortable position, and hubby snoring, I didn't sleep more than 45 minutes at a time. And I was only in bed for about 6 hours before I said "to heck with it" and just got up and going.
    Anyone else having lots of tummy troubles now at the end of your pregnancy? I'm either constipated or the opposite (more of this than constipated). There is no in-between! I hear it's not uncommon, what with all the hormone relaxin in the latter months of pregnancy.
    Congrats on maintaining your weight so well, Jillsie! I've gained a little more than I hoped for (@ 30 lbs) but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Just going to watch it over the next weeks and make sure it doesn't balloon up to 50 lbs!
  • Runningmischka
    Hello ladies!
    I finally got some time to update you all about my baby situation. My runner girl made her grand entrance on May 22, 2015, at 6:13am EST.

Please welcome Anna Elizabeth, 5 lb 9 oz, 19.5 inches of pure joy <3 She is my whole world! And her daddy is already wrapped around her tiny little finger :)
    if1vms53rjt1.jpg

My labor was rather unusual...If anyone interested, I could share the story later.
    I hope everyone is doing well! Your babies are almost here :)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    <3 Congratulations, @Runningmischka! She is beautiful and so sweet :)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Hi Ladies! This group sure has gotten quiet. Hope everything is well with you all.
    My husband and I attended our labor & delivery class yesterday morning. Yikes. I didn't learn a lot, but it went into more detail and (since I'm now about a week from my due date) it definitely made things more real for me. I have been doing my best to avoid too much exposure to delivery horror stories, but I'm pretty overwhelmed today. Also had another OB appointment on Monday and pelvic exam showed that my cervix is softening but that's about it. Doc wanted to strip my membranes at that appointment, and now she's hoping to do it next week. Yikes again. Not sure I'm ready for all this!!!
  • Runningmischka
    This group did get quiet, I hope everyone is doing well! June is here, ladies, so your babies are making their entrance very very soon!

My little birdie will be 2 weeks tomorrow. She is the light of my life! I must say, I didn't get this maternal connection to her right away. It took me a couple of days to realise she is mine, but I think that's ok. Now I cannot imagine my life without her.

Keep in touch, girls. Cannot wait to hear about your little ones!
  • Jillsie11
    Still pregnant over here!
    When they told me I was 1 cm dilated at 36 weeks, I thought for sure this baby would be early. Now here I am, 4 days away from my due date, 2 1/2 cm dilated (as of Monday), 60% effaced, with no mucous plug left and I am STILL with child! This baby is a stubborn one, that is for sure!
    Unfortunately, while I was doing really well still eating well/exercising up until a few weeks ago, I've lost all motivation lately. I'm still walking (to try and encourage labor), but my eating is out of control! Hopefully I can meet this little one soon and just get back on track:)
    @NikkiSixGuns : Did you get your membranes stripped then at your last appointment or no? I've had it done twice now- with my last pregnancy it seemed to help get things moving. It hurts a bit tho, huh?!
    @Runningmischka : Welcome your little one! You have to share your story- I love birth stories:)

Hope everyone else (who has been quiet) is doing well and finishing strong. Almost there! It IS JUNE!!!!!