June 2015 Running Challenge

Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the May (2015) Running Challenge which can be found at:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10150276/may-2015-running-challenge/

Anyone can join in. New & Old. And if you found this thread late, you can join in at any time.
We have members that are total beginners all the way to marathon maniacs and beyond. We are a friendly and encouraging bunch.

Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. OPTIONAL: You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com (If creating ones seems difficult, then don't let that stop you. Just type in your daily miles here.)

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 200 miles. However, don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait until Monday June 1st to log your runs.

Also, don't forget to join our group which can be found at:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

There you will find lots of good info, and it's a place where everyone can talk to each other for further motivation. It's also a place to find help when there is a problem with this thread.

*******OPTIONAL TICKER*************
Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

After setting up your ticker, you will need to make note of the weblink they give you so you can return. An example would be:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w6K1EiX/ <<<< the last part will be a part of the image link (explained below) that will be supplied to you after you initially create your link.

When you return to TickerFactory with the weblink, go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Stan

Replies

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Thanks for setting this up again, Stan!

I'll be back for yet another month.
    I'm changing it up my method this month- my training plan has my runs based on time, not distance, and only 3/week right now, so I'll be shooting for completing 90% of workouts as scheduled. We'll see where that gets me!
  • mxmakm
    mxmakm Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm going to join again after an unsuccessful last month. I had a family emergency that took up two weeks of May and I completely got off track. This week was my first week trying to get back to normal so this challenge will help further things along! My goal is only 40 miles for this month though.

exercise.png
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,468 Member
    I'm in for 60 miles of running as I work towards a 10k. The pain in my Achilles is gone and I think I will be able to gradually ramp up my running next month. I may track walking too, out of curiosity, but i won't set a goal for it.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Thank you for setting this up again, Stan.

I missed my 65 mile goal for May so I'll go for it again in June.
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Thanks again Stan!

I'm back for another month working towards completing a half in August.
    80 miles will be my goal for June.
  • asiabiles
    asiabiles Posts: 1 Member

exercise.png

I would love to join in! My goal is 70 miles for June. :)
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    My goal was 25 miles in May and made it 26, I think I will aim for 30 miles in June. I know I have another 5k June 14th so that should keep me motivated.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited May 2015
    I would like to join for June too...I'm in for 25 miles.
    Going now to figure out how to make my ticker!

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Thanks Stan! I'm back for 75-ish.

Short in May (~68/75), starting HM training June for October race.

Ooh, I feel like a real runner saying that LOL!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Thanks Stan - I'm in for 120 miles.
  • noirbook
    noirbook Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in. My goal is 48 miles in June.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Virkati wrote: »
    I would like to join for June too...I'm in for 25 miles.
    Going now to figure out how to make my ticker!

I got the ticker right this time lol
    exercise.png

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    In for 120. Still trying to find a HM to do in late June or mid July.

Thank you Stan for all you do to help keep us knuckleheads motivated and on track!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Stan for setting this up again. I found it has really held me accountable.

I did 62 and my goal was 60 for May, so I will go for 68 miles in June.

exercise.png

• ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    In with a grin. :smiley:

Going to set my goal at 50km this month.

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited May 2015
    Spending most of June up north, but June only has 30 days and 4 Sundays (my long run day), so cutting back to 140 miles.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    I should hit my 270miles for May by the end of tomorrow. I need another high mileage month for June before tapering into my Ultra in July. So I'm I'll be doing 300miles (majority on trails) all in wonderful sunny Weather of course none of it will be in high winds or rain ;)
    exercise.png
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Hello, a nebwie here, I'm still very much a beginner, I have completed C25k and try and do about 6 miles a week. I bought new trainers last week and have been having ankle trouble ever since, I think its just my feet adjusting to some properly fitting trainers at last. I have rested it most of this week and did 1.5 miles this morning, I am fine sat down but can feel twinges when I walk on it.

I am going to set a target of 25 miles for June but it will depend on how the ankle goes.
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Ticker all set up, ankle resting nicely, roll on Monday :smile:

exercise.png
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm new to the challenge, so I'll start off with my average miles in a month. I have been a bit under recently, so hopefully this will still push me :)

exercise.png