Back (again!) and in need of MFP friends!

It seems like the only discussion threads I ever create are of this kind, starting with when I first joined MFP, and continuing whenever I have a long absence from the site. Well, I'm back, yet again! I started my weight loss journey last July after weighing in at 195lbs at 5'6". I was mortified to say the least. I now weigh 155lbs, and I'm hoping to reach my goal of 125-135lbs (depending on how much muscle I retain) by the end of the year.

I hit 155lbs towards the middle of December (beating my goal of reaching 160lbs by the new year), but since then my weight has stayed the same, due largely in part to my awful drinking habits. I am a college student, and went a little overboard this past semester with the drinking (I'm talking binge drinking 5-7 nights a week, no joke). Thankfully, I continued to eat in moderation, and exercised when I could throughout the week, so my weight stayed the same, albeit 2-3lb fluctuations every now and then.

Regardless, summer is finally here, so I can once again turn my attention to my health and weight loss journey. For those who are concerned, I promised myself I would limit my drinking to only once or twice a week haha. In my absence though it seems as though most of my MFP friends similarly disappeared, so I am looking for some buddies who are willing to offer me support and vice versa. You don't have to be the same height as me, nor the same age (I am 22), just so long as you are active in your logging and supportive with fellow MFP members I do not discriminate :)

Replies

• tmgohio
    tmgohio Posts: 1 Member
    That is awesome!! Keep up the good work!
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Add me if you like. I am 5'6 and got down to 121 but now aiming to build some muscle tone and get rid of the skinny fat flab. I am 49 but have always been a binge drinker but decided to let my liver rest and it has been 1yr and month. Unbelievable for me
  • LisaLens
    LisaLens Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, Not sure if I'm doing this right?
    I'm not really new to the site.. I just haven't been to any of the forams..
    I started seeing a nutritionist March of this year.(She recommended this site).After being hospitalized due to my heart In February of this year when weighed at the hospital I weighed in at 242 lbs.. . When I weighed in at the nutritionist in March I had lost 2 lbs. down to 240 lbs..
    I'm 51 yrs. young- 5'5" tall and now weigh 222 lbs... My goal weight is 150-160...I'm also a large framed woman.. which really stinks..But such is life.. :)
    My problem is my weight loss has come to a stop and it seems no matter what I do.. Its just maintaining.. Its driving me nuts... :s I really need to get this weight off and really don't want to have to surgey to do that...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... :)
  • effondrement
    effondrement Posts: 37 Member
    sstrack123 wrote: »
    Add me if you like. I am 5'6 and got down to 121 but now aiming to build some muscle tone and get rid of the skinny fat flab. I am 49 but have always been a binge drinker but decided to let my liver rest and it has been 1yr and month. Unbelievable for me

I've considered giving up drinking altogether! But unfortunately I lack the willpower haha so kudos to you. It seems id rather kill my self in the gym and watch what I eat than give up my wine
  • sampanzee75
    sampanzee75 Posts: 86 Member
    Hey there! I'm Samantha. I am on my own weight loss journey. Been at this consistently for about a month now and have lost 14 lbs. Motivation is definitely key and it's been wonderful having encouragement from other people on here. It has definitely made a difference. Add me if you'd like ☺️