Young 20s Fitness Challenge and Support

Hi! I'm new to MyFitnessPal and I'm looking to meet women in their 20s, like me, who are trying to lose weight and get back in shape. I'm interested in sharing favorite "clean" recipes and work outs routines, as well as, participate in fitness challenges. Let me know if you are interested, I look forward to getting fit with you!

Replies

• aBlueCrayon
    aBlueCrayon Posts: 120 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm definitely interested in all of the above! :smiley:
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    I'm in :) I'm 22
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Good idea! I'm 20 :)
  • seerickson2
    seerickson2 Posts: 12 Member
    Great! What are ya'll doing right now to be fit and healthy? I've been trying to eat clean-- I try to eat mostly eggs, chicken, salmon, tilapia, fruits and vegetables. My biggest challenge is consistency... I'll do really well for a couple of days and then completely fall off track. Anyone else have that problem?
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    I've been doing insanity to stay fit. Today was actually my last day of my second round. Think I'm gonna do some Tahitian Cardio (hula) next week.
  • seerickson2
    @My_Butt I've heard that Insanity can make you "bulky"-- is the rumor true?
  • My_Butt
    @My_Butt I've heard that Insanity can make you "bulky"-- is the rumor true?

Oh no. Not at all. I've completed two rounds and I'm small and compact. I have abs, defined shoulders, nice thighs, and I look very thin, even though I weigh 138lbs at 5'7".
    It has a lot of cardio, so you're not going to bulk up.
  • intangiblemango
    intangiblemango Posts: 38 Member
    Even lifting heavy will not cause you to bulk up, at least not accidentally. It is VERY challenging for women to get bulky with weights-- you would catch yourself looong before it became an issue. I have only lost inches since I started lifting (from about a 26 inch waist to about a 24 inch waist).

And yes, as someone who has also done it, Insanity is basically all cardio. It would not be possible to put on a ton of muscle with that routine.
  • seerickson2
    @My_Butt @intangiblemango thanks for clearing that up! Maybe I'll give insanity a try! Right now I've been doing a combination of "heavy" lifting or hiit routines + cardio.
  • My_Butt
    Even lifting heavy will not cause you to bulk up, at least not accidentally. It is VERY challenging for women to get bulky with weights-- you would catch yourself looong before it became an issue. I have only lost inches since I started lifting (from about a 26 inch waist to about a 24 inch waist).

And yes, as someone who has also done it, Insanity is basically all cardio. It would not be possible to put on a ton of muscle with that routine.

That is very true. It is hard for a female to bulk up without taking steroids or spending hours at the gym. Anywho, lean muscle is very attractive.
  • scardwell93
    scardwell93 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm new to this, but I'm 21 and interested. I'm just getting started and I'm going to start T25 the first of June.
  • littlehosky94
    littlehosky94 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm 21 and have lost 27 lbs just by running daily and eating healthier.. I cut out all candy and chips.. I started by running 1 block of a street, walking the next and I now run 3 miles a day. My fastest time being 27 minutes. I made a group on Fb to encourage women in my area to come together and keep each other motivated and accountable! I'm going to start incorporating more exercise into my routine.
  • sampanzee75
    sampanzee75 Posts: 86 Member
    I'm in ☺️
    I'm 23 and been consistently working at making healthy food choices and exercising for about a month now. I have lost 14 lbs. Feeling so motivated to get back in shape!
  • _dflow
    _dflow Posts: 34 Member
    Any of you guys can add me! I'm 20 and have been on here about a month and have been consistently losing weight since then :)
  • mwalker96
    mwalker96 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm 19 and have just started t25 aswell (completed one week)
  • seerickson2
    A few of you have mentioned T25 -- what is that?
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    Hi I'm 21! Its nice to see I'm not the only young person trying to get fit this summer. So far I'm just trying to manage my calories and get 4 solid workouts a week. I've been doing turbokick at my gym which i really like. I've lost 3 lbs so far and have 17 to go!
  • My_Butt
    A few of you have mentioned T25 -- what is that?

It's a beachbody program. It's like insanity, but it's easier and cut down to a half hour. A lot of people like the program.
  • myweightloss2016
    myweightloss2016 Posts: 147 Member
    Is 18 okay too?
  • seerickson2
    @myweightloss2016 of course! Welcome!