Young 20s Fitness Challenge and Support

Replies

• seerickson2
    seerickson2 Posts: 12 Member
    My_Butt wrote: »
    A few of you have mentioned T25 -- what is that?

It's a beachbody program. It's like insanity, but it's easier and cut down to a half hour. A lot of people like the program.

So people who are doing/have done T25-- do you also weight train and do cardio in addition to the 25 min workouts? Getting a great workout in only 25 minutes sounds amazing! I'm at the gym almost two hours between weight training and 30-45 minutes of cardio.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    My_Butt wrote: »
    A few of you have mentioned T25 -- what is that?

It's a beachbody program. It's like insanity, but it's easier and cut down to a half hour. A lot of people like the program.

So people who are doing/have done T25-- do you also weight train and do cardio in addition to the 25 min workouts? Getting a great workout in only 25 minutes sounds amazing! I'm at the gym almost two hours between weight training and 30-45 minutes of cardio.

Shaun T is the trainer, and he gets the calories scorched very well. He's my favorite trainer. You can lift if you wish to build muscle also, but you'll also be just fine doing only t25.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    I'm 20 and just starting to get into fitness. I've been doing Zumba, Blogilates, and taking walks. Hopefully will start weight training in small doses.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    I've been going to the fitness classes at my gym 5-6x a week! My favorites are spin, and a tabata style resistance training "definition" class. I've also been focusing on getting 100 - 130g protein and more omega 3s. My diary is open if any of you want food ideas! Also, feel free to add :)

Noticed that a lot of you do at home workouts, I used to love Jillian Michaels a few years back and got great results doing a couple of her dvds!
  • mlarocque27
    mlarocque27 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey I'm new to this! I'm 26 does that still count? I train 6 days a week for mudhero, and just wanna be active and live a healthier lifestyle
  • sasquatch18
    sasquatch18 Posts: 7 Member
    Interested for sure :smile: I'm getting there slow but steady
  • Hilarious92
    Hilarious92 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 22 and also interested! I did Insanity with a bunch of my dorm friends and loved it, they all lost at least 20 lbs or more in the first month. I didn't lose anything but got a lot more toned. I have hypothyroidism and had just been diagnosed when we started, so I don't blame the program (how could I?!) for my lack of scale results. I'll take non-scale victories any day :)
  • Such_a_lady2
    Such_a_lady2 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm 23 and have (over the course of about 2 years and being quite "on and off") lost about 30 pounds. At the start of this year I made a true commitment to living a healthy lifestyle and haven't turned back! After the semester ended I began working out and started insanity yesterday. I love swapping recipes and think this thread is a great idea. It seems pretty rare to find people our age on here. So yea... I'm in!
  • seerickson2
    Hi, I'm 23 and have (over the course of about 2 years and being quite "on and off") lost about 30 pounds. At the start of this year I made a true commitment to living a healthy lifestyle and haven't turned back! After the semester ended I began working out and started insanity yesterday. I love swapping recipes and think this thread is a great idea. It seems pretty rare to find people our age on here. So yea... I'm in!

Hi! I'm glad you found this "community" thread. I'm glad you mentioned your commitment to living a healthy lifestyle, that is KEY and something I've struggled with during my "weight loss" endeavors. I'll admit that I've tried many of the crazy fad diets out there and have finally learned that losing weight and getting in shape really is about changing your lifestyle and being committed to it. There are no quick fixes if you want to have lasting results.
  • lisaforbriger720
    lisaforbriger720 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 19 and would love to see healthy recipes too ! And fitness etc. :)
  • juliaschulz510
    juliaschulz510 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 22 and I started a healthier lifestyle about 10 days ago, so I'm pretty new to this. I'm looking to lose a few pounds but most importantly gain muscle. I did my first two workouts of Starting Strength this week and I'd love to hear about some more high-protein recipes and see how well everyone else is doing. Please add me :)
  • bogvarmint
    bogvarmint Posts: 3 Member
    I want in on this :) im 22
    I mix it up between doing insanity and Zuzka Lights Z Cut Strength. Some times both. So generally an hour to an hour and a half work out. Which i easily stick with.
    I have a consistency problem with food though, ill eat good for 3 days and then on the fourth have a binge evening :/
  • alfdog86
    alfdog86 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey, I'm 25 and getting back into shape so that I can stay healthy... I've gotten great results, despite working a desk job, with playing a ton of sports alternated with heavy lifting/bodyweight routines. I think that what's made the biggest difference has been changing my mindset - both concerning food and how I feel about myself.
    Foodwise, I steam everything haha. Chicken breasts, eggs, fish, and all sorts of veggies. It tastes good, and I'm lazy :blush:
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    edited June 2015
    YES PLEASE. I'm 22, a recipe fiend, and no one will swap with me :c Count me in!
  • dtw44
    dtw44 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I'm 22 and, after gaining like 50lbs in college, I am trying to get healthy again. I lost twenty pounds between september and december using a really strict diet and then got off track but was able to maintain. I have 30 more pounds to go so I started using MFP to become more accountable. I've been lifting at the gym but I've been having a really hard time getting into any cardio, which I really should be doing. Any suggestions would be awesome! And feel free to add me! :smile:
  • seerickson2
    Welcome everyone!
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Hey! I'm in! I'm 20...I've had some weight fluctuations in the past and want to get my weight down to get some pressure off my joints and dance better. This group sounds awesome!
  • tiarajj08
    tiarajj08 Posts: 82 Member
    I'm in!! 24 years young!
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Count me in :smiley: I'm 24 and just joined my local gym. I have been cleaning up my diet and doing a lot more cardio/group classes. I finally have the summer off and the time to dedicate to changing my life. Cooking isn't my favorite thing to do, but I am learning to enjoy it now that I have the time! Looking forward to swapping recipes!

Are you going to make a group? :smile:

M.