Workout at home or gym?

What do you do? or Prefer? I do both.

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Gym, has all the equipment I need and feel more motivated and pumped up there.
  • chilliman64
    chilliman64 Posts: 13 Member
    yes I prefer home. the trick is staying motivated to do it regularly.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Unless I decide to focus solely on squats, deads and chest I will never consider working out at home. The gym has more equipment and weights than I could ever collect at home.... I like the gym environment too.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    I prefer home, luckily I have a fairly well equipped home gym with cardio machines and weights section but I do use the gym to keep my form in check and get out of the house more.
  • JamesScapes
    JamesScapes Posts: 14 Member
    I have a great setup at home, no need to join a gym.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Due to young children and work commitments I have to do HOME!! I am disciplined and try to get up before every one each morning to complete a workout DVD. I cycle at the weekends when my boys are with their Dad. Works for me but motivation can be tough for some...
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited June 2015
    I do both but prefer the group X atmosphere. Nothing like a group of people with the same goals and on the same path for motivation! I have some equipment in my basement for at home work outs and I can always do some quick hit calisthenics at home. I have a heavy bag downstairs that I'll work on now and then to practice my MMA skills :) Right now I have a few gym memberships including a fitness center at work. There is a gym right down the street from me that I drop into as a last resort... for class cancelations lol
  • 70chevellegsp
    70chevellegsp Posts: 50 Member
    Have been working out at home with my wife for 20+ years. Started accumulating equipment right after I got married and have or have had all the equipment I've needed. Had some shoulder issues in the past which led me to get rid of a power rack and I've recovered enough to be in the market for a new one. I like the ability to go whenever I want, and not have that de-motivated feeling of walking into a crowded gym. But your mileage may vary!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Home, hands down.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Gym. Hands down. I'm a spoiled princess who has everything at the gym. Even when it's busy, everyone knows what they are doing and gets it done and the atmosphere is awesome.
  • nsmall1228
    nsmall1228 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi jules!
    If you have a Retro Fitness in your area, they provide childcare services with your membership so you can workout.
    Due to young children and work commitments I have to do HOME!! I am disciplined and try to get up before every one each morning to complete a workout DVD. I cycle at the weekends when my boys are with their Dad. Works for me but motivation can be tough for some...

• VickiLogan11
    VickiLogan11 Posts: 99 Member
    I would prefer gym for the company but I do at home as I can have it done without traveling. Saves money too.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    I do both now. I have some at-home programs/DVDs and a small treadmill but the gym has more equipment and weights.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    most of my exercise is performed outdoors...mostly cycling with some hiking and swimming thrown in there. I go to the gym to lift weights...I would love to lift at home, but I don't have the space for the equipment that I would need.
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    i do everything at home i have never been to a gym maybe i will 1 day
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Home for me I get to do it during the day in my own time
  • luvmybabz
    luvmybabz Posts: 7 Member
    I prefer to work out at home as I find that I am more likely to make excuses about going to the gym. If I'm at home all I have to do is throw on my gear and break a sweat!!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    home or outdoors.
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Mountain trails are my gym.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Home, because then it actually happens. My boyfriend goes to the gym though, because there is no way we could fit the equipment he wants/needs in our tiny house and still be able to walk around. He would rather have a home gym so he got to sleep an extra hour in the mornings.