Thigh gap?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Sydking wrote: »
    Sydking wrote: »
    Thigh gap ugly as

Eat some food and lift sum dam iron

Did you not read all the answers which say they're genetic? You just insulted a lot of people for a feature they have no control over.

Nope, because its another fad that i have no care what so ever about and its stupid people and sheep on the internet and social media that make things out of nothing.

if its genetic then why do SO MANY people give a crap?

Its like saying which is better, Black or white skin.

WHO CARES. don't make a deal out of nothing

And yes i said eat some food and lift weights because chunky curvy thighs are way better then chicken legs

Thigh gap or not.......

You, apparently, give a crap.

With regards to whether men like it or not, it may not be as common a desire as things like big boobs and small waists, but there are a lot of men out there who really like thigh gaps. Just like there are boob guys, bum guys, leg guys, there are thigh gap guys. It's just a less common thing to like, but there are plenty guys who do. There are Internet communities dedicated to it. But of course for ever guy that loves it there'll be one that hates it, and even more than don't care.

Like just about any body ideal, there are guys that will like it, guys that won't, guys that won't care, and girls that will be able to get it and girls that won't. And there will be people that will put forward their preferred body image as being the One True Body that all women should strive for.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    u0z18ou3qk25.jpg

Honestly, I Googled thigh gap and the results were... Alarming. There aren't a lot of people who have a thigh gap at a healthy weight.

I hear on the interwebs there is a bit of a fetish for women who have that 'little gap' between the top of the thigh and their pelvic bone (no idea if that's the right bone, I sucked at science at school) but like the woman in the 'toned' picture has, way more than I have seen 'fetishes' about thigh gaps. There are whole websites devoted to it.

The internet is a strange place....but it further cements in my mind which is the healthiest (and apparently most attractive) to have.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I have muscular legs, which is much more attractive than thigh gap. There's a tiny gap from where my thighs meet at the top and where they meet at my knees. lol But I don't think of that as true thigh gap. Who cares.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    The world lights up on fire.
    what a lovely day :smile:

WITNESS!

You will arrive at the gates of Valhalla, shiny and chrome!
  • janetschaferbeck
    janetschaferbeck Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    another media issue - they have to keep you thinking there is something wrong with you
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    I am amazed that anyone would even be concerned about such things.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited June 2015
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I love these threads. Body shaming left and right.

Op asks a short question.

We have women asking men if this is a good goal. Wut? Are your esthetic goals predicated on what random men think?
    No one seems to bat an eye.
    And then a guy gives his own opinion and "oh,my good, body shaming, wah, wail, renting of clothes. Burn him."
    The comparison picture on what is sexy and what isn't.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "bones to dogs" and "real girls have curves" bingo spot.

Your body, your goals.
    I asked my son yup because I already have my own thoughts...curious what young men thought of it....reasonable thing to do....

esp since most things young women do are to impress men...that is the reality of it...

#youwenthere
    #lol

554664fadb753b82389cccbe_mad-max-girls.gif
  • quamball
    quamball Posts: 4 Member
    A prominent thigh gap will keep your foo foo chilled in summer!1
    But seriously, if you have one- great. If not; awesome. No one will care or notice except you.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member

We have women asking men if this is a good goal. Wut? Are your esthetic goals predicated on what random men think?
    And then a guy gives his own opinion and "oh,my good, body shaming, wah, wail, renting of clothes. Burn him."

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "bones to dogs" and "real girls have curves" bingo spot.

Your body, your goals.
    I asked my son yup because I already have my own thoughts...curious what young men thought of it....reasonable thing to do....

esp since most things young women do are to impress men...that is the reality of it...

You asked your son if your thigh gap was sexy?

*shudder*
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    For me personally, I wasn't intentionally after a thigh gap- but after losing some weight I noticed it's back- a small thigh gap, not huge. Meh! Don't care either way. My thing is small perky breasts- I'm envious of tiny 'sporty B-cup' boobs. We all have different tastes.

The only thing I have to add is that only one guy I knew ever commented re: thigh gaps. It was about my freind who was annorexic at the time and he said it was weird the way her legs did'nt meet at the top- he did'nt like it. That was the one and only comment I heard about thigh gaps from a guy.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member

Your body, your goals.

*shudder*

She asked if thigh gaps in general are sexy, she never mentioned asking if her own thigh gap was sexy.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Thigh gaps are genetic unless your asking about unhealthy weight ranges. I have one when I'm near over weight thanks to freakishly wide set legs. All it does is mean your phone drops to the floor when you put it on your lap and skinny jeans look stupid like your legs are stuck on funny.

I don't get what all the fuss is about? I've never heard a bloke say "Christ look at that chicks thigh gap.. I want some of that" I've heard guys say things about girls with nice legs but never a gap. It's just another sometimes unacheivable online trend, I thought thigh gaps had been replaced with big bums tbh. Some people have em others don't. Everyone can have nice legs if they work at it though.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited June 2015

Your body, your goals.

*shudder*

that's gross...I don't have thigh gap actually...I asked my son if he thought it in general was considered "sexy" by men his age...jeez man get your head otta the slimy place it just went....*smh*

Your body, your goals.

#youwenthere
    #lol

Yup...as a 40 something yo woman who was once 20 something I know that as young woman a lot do things to make themselves more appealing to men...I couldn't be bothered at my age...but in my early 20's yah I admit I did care.

and here is a thread to prove that point...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176387/men-what-should-a-woman-eat-or-not-on-the-first-date/p1
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Even at 115 pounds my thighs were best friends. It seems like such a random thing to strive for since it isn't really in your control.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited June 2015

@TimothyFish google hip bridge images too...that's another thing...*smh*
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    There's only one time my thighs gap, ifyouknowwhatImean...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member

Sadly, that started off as a joke, and people took it seriously.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    edited June 2015

Hip bridge thing is a construct started by the guys over at 4chan. It's social media bombing:
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bikini-bridge
  • EvgeniZyntx
    edited June 2015

Your body, your goals.

*shudder*

that's gross...I don't have thigh gap actually...I asked my son if he thought it in general was considered "sexy" by men his age...jeez man get your head otta the slimy place it just went....*smh*

Your body, your goals.

#youwenthere
    #lol

Yup...as a 40 something yo woman who was once 20 something I know that as young woman a lot do things to make themselves more appealing to men...I couldn't be bothered at my age...but in my early 20's yah I admit I did care.

and here is a thread to prove that point...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176387/men-what-should-a-woman-eat-or-not-on-the-first-date/p1

Given that guys don't care about thigh gaps, your argument is that young women do this because guys care about it. ok.
    And proof is a young woman asking about dating advice. ok.
    Wut?

I'm sure people DO do *some* things for attraction. Men and women, old and young. It's probably ok, I don't know? Looking sexy and all that?

But *most* things?
    Not buying it.

Damn - my 20 year olds daughters must be doing it wrong with their careers, sports, studies and travel. Brb, gotta tell them to get with the "attraction" program.
  • kinrsa
    kinrsa Posts: 111 Member
    hekla90 wrote: »
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    u0z18ou3qk25.jpg

Honestly, I Googled thigh gap and the results were... Alarming. There aren't a lot of people who have a thigh gap at a healthy weight.

There are plenty of healthy weight women with thigh gaps and Why do you feel the need to shame women who do have a thigh gap? I have one and always had one at a variety of weights. My boyfriend shockingly is attracted to me and finds it attractive. I have an awesome butt and toned body and am at a healthy weight.

And shocker, but my whole goal in life isn't about who all I can be sexy for-My health and body type aren't for the enjoyment of others. I find it offensive you're literally reducing women to sex objects based off physical characteristics. Women are more than that!

Yeah, the prejudice in this thread is strong. Who said OP wanted to impress some guy? Maybe she wants it because she likes the look of it. I doubt she cares what anonymous people on the internet think about how it looks.

OP, I'm 5'6 with an hourglass figure, so I have decent sized hips. I get a thigh gap somewhere around 120-125lbs, which is still in the normal BMI range for my height. Your results may vary. I find that jumping jacks and running sculpt my legs pretty well. http://www.mybodygallery.com has pictures of real people at varying heights and weights so you can approximate what it would take for you, but everyone is different.