Let's Get to Know You

Replies

• kewers0718
    kewers0718 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi everyone my name is Kimberly,
    I am 46 married (17yrs) 7 children (his, mine, and ours) range from 29 to 9. Only two are still at home. I have 8 grandchildren range in age of 6yrs to 1yr. We live in Akron, OH.
    CW 140
    GW 125
    I am not sure how long I have been on MFP. I have been on and off for a long time.
    I used to do Power Pump and Zumba at my gym, but life has gotten in the way. So now I am just walking my dog, but I know I need to do more because I have put on weight since last year. I signed up for the Toning class in the morning which starts on June 1st. I am hoping I can start working out in the morning and I won't have the excuses of not having time like I do in the evenings.
    I log on my phone and on the computer when I remember to log. Lately, I have been really good. I used to do Weight Watchers, which is a great program, but I cannot afford it anymore. Most of my money goes to my children's school.
    I used to weigh in on Sundays, but I will try Friday mornings.
    This is my first challenge. I am excited and scared. I am hoping I am up for the challenge and the accountability.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    edited May 2015
    1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live.
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using
    4. What is your daily routine
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post)
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you
    7. Do you want mini challenges?
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know.

1. Hi I'm Shanel, 30yrs old with 2 children( 3yrs old and 4months old)
    2. I currently weigh 184.6 I've been on MFP since 2011( I started at 210 then)
    3. My ultimate goal weight is between 125-135, my method of dieting is unclear I'm going to try an eat healthy and stick to my calories for now. As far as exercise I like weight training most and plan to start C25k again I've completed it once before.
    4. Currently I work full time and I'm a mother so I haven't been able to fit in much but enough is enough; I'm planning a schedule now to include gym time.
    5. I log in on the computer mostly but sometimes my phone as well.
    6. I like to weigh in on Mondays because I feel it helps me to make better choices during the weekend.
    7. Yes I would love mini challenges to push me along.
    8. I want this really bad but I have a sugar addiction I need to break for sure.
  • YellowApple666
    YellowApple666 Posts: 35 Member

1. I am 26, currently in a bigamous relationship with an awesome boyfriend and med school, Italy.
    2. Current Weight: 121 lbs
    3. Goal Weight: 114 lbs I've been on and off MFP for a few years and I slowly lost around 30 pounds. Time to shed the last 7!
    4. I'm in med school and June will be a very stressful month because I have exams. I tend eat a lot during long study sessions and I don't have much time to exercise, so June (and July) will be a great challenge for me.
    5. Both.
    6. Usually Friday.
    7. Mini challenges are a great idea to stay accountable and motivated, but given my current situation I'd feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I need to focus on the very basics right now and I don't wanna overdo it.
  • Joanbod
    Joanbod Posts: 6 Member
    1. Seem to be the oldest at 68, married forever, 3 grown children, 4 grandchildren and live in New Jersey.
    2. Currently weight 220 and have been on MFP on and off for about 1 1/2 years, lost about 30 pounds last winter and put 20 back on.
    3. My first goal is to get to 199, then 183 at which point my BMR will be simply overweight. Would love to be 163 and in a normal range but I worry about loose skin. Keeping calories between 1200 and 1300 with healthy choices, not much room for a snack. Try to do something 3 times a week but it is sporadic.
    4. I'm retired so my daily routine is pretty much whatever I want it to be.
    5. I log onto my iPad or Mac.
    6. Definitely love Friday weigh in.
    7. Would be interested in mini challenges but have severe arthritis in my feet so some things may not be possible.
    8. Being part of this challenge has definitely inspired me to really keep on track even at parties etc.. Anytime we eat out even with good choices I always puts some weight on the next day.
  • raejayb
    raejayb Posts: 7 Member
    1. 32 (almost), Married, 2 furbabies, San Jose, CA.
    2. CW: 139 and on and off for about 2 years. This is the first time I'm going to be consistently logging. I had a moment of epiphany where it's not about motivation, but discipline.
    3. My ideal weight is 125. I've incorporated weight training and cal deficit.
    4. Morning routine, work, gym on MWF, family and personal time, sleep. Repeat.
    5. I log on both depending on what's available; I prefer computer.
    6. Friday AM.
    7. YES!
    8. Feel free to add me!
  • bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    1. Personal information-- 49 (on June 3!), married 21 years, two daughters, live in Kansas.
    2. My starting weight at the end of April was 193.6. I've been using MFP on and off for about four years. I find that I am much more successful when tracking my food.
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using. My goal weight is 145(I think) I really would just be able to wear cute clothes again and not feel so bad about my body, whether that is 145 or 165, I will know when I get there! I rejoined a gym in April, go to spinning classes 3x/wk, yoga 1-2x/wk, and lift weights/bodyweight exercises 3x/wk. the gym is holding a promotion for a free 30 boot camp, I'm starting that tomorrow.
    4. What is your daily routine? Up daily between 4:30-5:00, either spin or yoga four times weekly, lift weights after work at 4:00. Home around 5:30, play with my dogs, cook dinner, clean, bed...
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post). I use my phone most of the time
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you? Friday's good
    7. Do you want mini challenges? Yes!
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know. Would love to have more friends for support and motivation! Let's do this!
  • mxmakm
    mxmakm Posts: 1,166 Member
    I was here for the May challenge as well and just realized I never did one of these, so here it is.

1. 23, married, 3 children, Scranton, Pennsylvania.
    2. Started at 250, currently 217.0, been on MFP since early April but lost 20 pounds here previously after my first child was born
    3. Goal weight is 140, cutting back calories, exercising by walking, jogging, elliptical, yoga, and dancing with my kids sometimes.
    4. I'm a full time college student but on summer break, so I spend most the day cleaning, cooking, playing with the kids outside, and trying to get in exercise.
    5. Both. I use my computer most of the time.
    6. Saturday is my MFP weigh-in day but I'm ok with Fridays.
    7. Maybe. It depends on how busy I am.

• Legra
    Legra Posts: 4 Member
    1. 23, in a serious relationship, no kids, living in Lawrence, Kansas (just graduated from college).
    2. 122.5 pounds currently. Started MFP in summer 2011 weighing 109 pounds. At the time was not exercising and not eating enough. Have put on a decent amount of muscle since then but also some fat. Now I'm ready to lose that fat and show off my hard work.
    3. My goal weight at this point is 116. I will be doing resistance training 3 times a week plus light cardio, HIIT and hopefully starting dance soon.
    4. I've just graduated, so my schedule is not very fixed. I work some days, usually about 7 hours at a time. The first week of June I'm volunteering at a girls day camp 8am-5pm and the rest of the month is up in the air!
    5. Mostly phone but currently on computer
    6. Any day really
    7. Yes? I've never done one but I'm intrigued
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    edited May 2015
    1. 21, single, living in the Netherlands (fun fact: I'm a student of Japanese in University )
    2. Currently 117 kilo's (257.9 lbs) D: (luckily I am quite tall (5'7) so I still don't look like I weight that much but I really need to do something for my health. 2 years ago I lost 11 kilo (24 lbs) in a few months with using MFP (from 104 (229) to 93 (205) but gained it back (+ a lot extra)
    3. I want to weigh 65 kilos (143).. I am a member of a dance team so I plan to go to training 2 times a week. I am also doing some body weight training (squats etc.) 3 times a week but I am also going to a sports gym starting next week so maybe it will change a little bit. Also tracking food (currently at losing -0.75 kilo's (1.5 lbs) each week) and eating enough protein to stay full
    4. I am on summer break but I am still studying a little Japanese here and there. Sometimes I have parties (alcohol is a weak point) so I have to be careful. But because I have a lot of time I can plan my food most of the time and I can make time to exercise.
    5. Mostly computer
    6. It doesn't matter that much
    7. Sure why not?
    8. I really want to be in shape because I'll probably (I know it in 2 weeks) will go to Japan for a year starting in september. For that I really want to be fit so that motivates me a lot!
  • SS35
    SS35 Posts: 4 Member
    1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live. 39 years old (40 in November!) I live in central Texas and am happily married with two kids at home-10 and 14 - and two grown step kids and a grandson that live in Florida
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP CW:242 and I've been on MFP off and on for 4 years. My high was 290 last September
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using I am not sure! I'm afraid of goals because I don't want to get overwhelmed. Right now I would just like to be below 200, but of course that's not my ideal weight. I'm tall - 5'10" and was 175 and fit in high school so we'll just have to see! I am currently eating low carb and low fat and so far it's going great! I am trying to be more active but haven't been exercising
    4. What is your daily routine I get up at 5:30 and go to work at 7:30. My job can be very stressful with lots of deadlines but I love it! I get off anywhere between 4-6. Usually come home and start working on dinner. I try to get to bed by 10:30
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post) mostly by phone
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you Any day is fine because I weigh every day
    7. Do you want mini challenges? Doesn't matter
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know. Please feel free to add me
  • chastaad
    chastaad Posts: 7 Member
    1. 44, married, no children, live in central eastern Oregon.
    2. CW 184; I've been on MFP off and on for a few years.
    3. GW 125ish. Mini goal weigh (so I don't get overwhelmed) 175. Counting calories and strictly adhering to portion sizes plus moderate aerobic exercise I can do at home.
    4. Up early and work around the house/yard, or ranch. During winter in the truck most days, hauling hay.
    5. Use my phone for logging in.
    6. Any day works.
    7. Yes
    8. Just ask me
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Hi I'm Nancy, 39, married 16 years...two sons (12&10)...Boston, MA

SW: 240
    CW: 191
    GW: 160

My goal weight is between 170-155 (not sure yet...depends on how I look and feel). I walk mostly about 12 miles a day. I use the treadmill, elliptical & recumbent bike too (30 min. at a time). I keep my calories around 1000-1100 per day. Try to burn twice that everyday.

Exercise first....eat a protein shake...lunch, dinner & snack...exercise again.

5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post)
    I use my phone.

Friday morning!

Yes.

THANK YOU!!!
  • jenniferp04
    jenniferp04 Posts: 71 Member
    - 28, single but in a serious relationship and living with boyfriend, no kids, Nashville, TN.
    - 252.2 and Ive been on MFP for a few years. Ive lost over 100lbs but I did a good majority of that with Weight Watchers. Ive moved away from the point system and now just try to eat clean. Lots of lean protein, veggies, fruits and complex carbs. I count calories, fat, carbs, sodium, ect.
    - 145. See #2 for how I eat. My workout routine is a mix of gym and cycling. At the gym I do the elliptical, run or walk at a high incline, bike and weights.
    - I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with 1-2 snacks usually. I work out a min. of 4 times per week.
    - A mix of both but mostly phone.
    - Saturday or Sundays
    - Sure, but I wouldnt want it to be too complex. Maybe water or exercise/step challenges.
    - I used to be 362lbs and am currently 252.2, ready to get the last leg of my weight loss journey over!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Good Morning -

1. I'm 46 yrs old, in a relationship, no children, and live in Houston, TX.
    2. My current weight is 174 lbs, and I have been with MFP for 3 mths
    3. My goal weight is 155 lbs. I am finishing up JIllian Michaels Body Revolution (love it) this week. I plan to complete her 30-Day Shred and then repeat BR doing the more advanced moves...I hope. LOL My diet method is eating healthier and logging everything with MFP to keep check on calories.
    4. I wake up at 5am, work from 7:30am-ish to 4:30pm, exercise 6:30pm-7:30pm, eat dinner, relax, and off to bed by 9:30pm. Oh there are 3 hours of commute in there too (YUCK!).
    5. At work I stay logged in with computer, and the rest of the time I am on my phone.
    6. I weigh-in Tuesday morning as soon as I wake up.
    7. Sure, I will accept mini challenges.
    8. I am happy where I am headed and getting to know different people through challenges like this is something I feel will help me. I can stuck in a rut and then get bored; these challenges will help keep me alert and going. :smile:
  • Griffin90
    Griffin90 Posts: 64 Member
    47, Married, 3 children, Hamburg, NY
    195, been on for about 5 years but haven't logged for a few years. Lost 40 lbs the first time I did it. Have gained back 15.
    Goal weight is 165, running and weights with normal eating matching the MFP recommendations
    Run or exercise in the morning.
    Both
    Friday
    Sure
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    edited June 2015

1. 23, single, no children (hallelujah), New York.
    2. 314 lbs and I've been on MFP for about a month
    3. My ultimate goal weight is 150 lbs and I intend to get there by eating at a calorie deficit, making better (and healthier) food choices, and exercising regularly. Right now my main choice of exercise is walking--I walk 2.8-3.5 miles 4-5x/week.
    4. I eat dinner and then I go out for a walk, usually a little after 9PM.
    5. Both, though I use the app less frequently.
    6. Friday mornings.
    7. Sure!
    8. Nothing comes to mind!

Nice to meet you all!
  • kaitlinlei
    kaitlinlei Posts: 20 Member
    1. 29, married, 3 kids, Oklahoma
    2. 175.2 , a few weeks
    3. 140, calorie counting, eating healthy and exercise
    4. work nights, sleep during the day, drank protein shake, make dinner for family, exercise, get ready for work, lunch (10 p.m.), snack (1.15a.m.) and dinner (4 a.m.) walk after work for 1hr. 3 x/week.
    5. Both
    6. any day, right now I weigh on Wednesday's for work weight loss challenge
    7. sure
  • ugwux004
    ugwux004 Posts: 47 Member
    1 My name is Ukamaka, single, 21, no kids, currently in college, live in MN
    2. current weight 131, i started at 140(highest ever been) have been here since feb 2015
    3. goal weight: 118-120
    4. i go to school, i run sometimes, lift at the gym and do some abs workout, having so much food at home and mostly African food, it hard to track calories. i eat until am full and track as much as i can, eat less junk. good thing is that most of the food we eat is organic.
    5. i use both laptop and phone
    6. i like Saturday morning weigh ins
    7. like mini challenges
    8. I motivate my self by letting my sister wear my cloths whenever i gain weight, because i hate when she wears them ( especially my leggings) also when ever i gain weight i punish myself by making spinach smoothie because i hate it..
  • mpuskarpasewicz
    mpuskarpasewicz Posts: 2 Member
    1. I'm 41, happily married, and have one wonderful child. We live in Pittsburgh, PA.
    2. 168 and member off-and-on for a couple years.
    3. My goal weight is 132. I've recently started logging my food and trying to stick to 1200 calories/day and walking 3x/week.
    4. I work from home. We tend to eat out often, which makes it difficult to stay on a low-calorie diet.
    5. I log-in on both my computer and phone equally.
    6. Best weigh-in day would be Sunday.
    7. No.
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know

1. 27, Engaged, no children, Cambridge, England
    2.Current weight is 228.2, its the lowest I have been for a long time, Have been on and off MFP for over a year, but got strict at the beginning of 2015, and have a 153 day streak!
    3. Goal weight is 160lbs, would like to be less, but getting to 160 is the first challenge, The only method I use is counting my calories, so if I want a bar of chocolate it must fit in (I obv have the odd cheat day when needed but try not to make them regular!) At the moment I use walking as a form of exercise.
    4. I work full time as a manager in a retail shop. So 5 days a week, I go to work all day, come home, cook/clean, go for a walk, sleep lol makes me sound so boring.
    5. Log on my phone like 95% of the time. The only time I log on the computer is when I want to edit my profile, or look at the forums (the forums are much more user friendly on the computer!)
    6. Im really bad and weigh in all the time. I would think Sunday was the best day for me as Im usually off this day.
    7. At the moment Im not too fussed about a mini challenge at the moment, taking baby steps to begin with.
    8. everyone is free to add me if they wish. I tend to have a friend clear out every so often when people haven't logged in for a few months!