Louisiana hot sauce

RaganErik
RaganErik Posts: 53 Member
ok so I mainly eat grilled chicken ... Everyday!! Would it make it unhealthy to put Louisiana hot sauce on it to give it flavor ?

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    just track the calories for it and enjoy it! I've read that spicy foods may help with weight loss but have not done anything to see if there is any science behind that or not! That being said, most hot sauces are pretty low in calories so are totally worth it!
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    edited June 2015
    ummm no. Research shows hot sauce can raise your metabolism as well.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Serving (100 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 0
    Calories from Fat 0
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Sodium 240mg 10%
    Carbohydrates 0g 0%
    Protein 0g
    Vitamin A 2% · Vitamin C 4%

I think you will be okay bro.
  • RaganErik
    Awes
    suruda wrote: »
    just track the calories for it and enjoy it! I've read that spicy foods may help with weight loss but have not done anything to see if there is any science behind that or not! That being said, most hot sauces are pretty low in calories so are totally worth it!
    awesome thanks
  • RaganErik
    Edwardshar wrote: »
    ummm no. Research shows hot sauce can raise your metabolism as well.

Thanks for the help
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    I'd go for it. Unfortunately, it can have lots of sodium, so I've got to watch that. When you say "Louisiana Hot Sauce", do you mean Tabasco? I'm a huge fan. Lately, though, I've been using more Franks. Both great sauces, in their own ways!

Whatever you do - sauce or no - just make sure you log it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    I eat a ton of that stuff. It can be a bit high in sodium, but unless you have a reason to track that, you're fine. I go through a bottle every couple of weeks.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I use either Louisiana hot sauce or Sriracha every day sometimes on each meal. I don't eat many things regularly that are high in sodium, so I don't worry about it with these.

Spicy keeps me from getting bored with chicken and eggs :p
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I eat a bottle of chalula chipotle sauce every week :/ sodium is high...and I account for some calories, just because I do go through so much. I'm a little addicted to the stuff.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Almost all of those hot sauces are just vinegar and peppers. Most are labelled zero calories... Sprinkle away.
  • Sephixteeo
    Sephixteeo Posts: 75 Member
    I love Frank's buffalo sauce and louisiana hot sauce. Especially on chicken breast and in salads with feta cheese. Lots of flavor.
  • elgingrandma
    elgingrandma Posts: 1 Member
    :# mmmm.. Hot sauces are awesome.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I went to a hot sauce festival recently and had my face blown off. I just didn't know things could get so...hot. I had to go cry in the bathroom.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    I buy home made salt free salsa that puts the store brand stuff to shame. Plus it is a good deed helping someone who need the money.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,488 Member
    I wouldn't bother logging hot sauce unless you care about tracking sodium. The calories are inconsequential.