Wanna be a fit bird not a fat bird.....it's my boyfriend fault! ;)

Looking for inspiration!!!

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Your boyfriend's fault?
  • Vinwah26
    Vinwah26 Posts: 19 Member
    I guess us blokes don't realise how our own eating habits and generosity can affect a woman's body.
    I have been a culprit of doing this to my gf's in the past.
    Sorry that I like food and italian cooking.
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Don't do things because your boyfriend said to- do things for yourself. That's the only way you're going to make progress and reach your goals. That's something I had to learn the hard way. My wife has made comments about me being fat and it's actually put me into depression several times. I have to keep learning to not listen to the comments.
  • lau_rolypoly2holymoly
    lau_rolypoly2holymoly Posts: 21 Member
    Easy to put weight on when get comfortable in a relationship as stop exercising as much and eating more rubbish when stay in etc. Plus tend to have bigger portions but where as he can get away with it I can't!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Dump your boyfriend.

I kid, I kid.

My wife and I eat the same things but because she is smaller than I am eats...smaller portions. Radical solution I know. We both eat fairly healthily though.
  • irsyadnh
    irsyadnh Posts: 38 Member
    Should find better motivation, yes it's good but not for long shot honestly. My story almost like @vadersaysno. It was after accident broke my clavicle, i can't do any hard exercise. I decided dump her, She's heartless b****.
  • Vinwah26
    Vinwah26 Posts: 19 Member
    I am the same.
    We tend to not exercise as much as we should. And don't always eat proper balanced meals.
    Although i feel pizza is a well rounded meal.

But we both get out and walk together about 5ks every few days.
    It's harder for my gf as she is 120kg and has back and knee troubles.
    Whereas I am about 84kg and am quite energetic and i want to just walk hard out.
    She struggles alot so it's hard to get her to want to put herself through the physical stress to try to be more healthy.
    So we support each other and even though I want to keep going I rest alongside her at the bus bench when she needs a break.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Don't try to align your goals, especially calorie goals, with anyone other than yourself.

Case in point my wife is in maintenance mode and CI ~1500. I'm currently in calorie deficit ~1800. When I transition to maintenance mode I'll be ~2200. No comparison on portions. She's 5'2" - I'm 6'4".

I did not prioritize wellness for a long time - my wife was determined to get back into shape and did it on her own. Last year I decided to make the change and get back into shape. Don't let his goal upset yours.

Try to setup goals with him beyond weight loss - some larger goal and activity that you both can do together.

• vadersaysno
    laurief86 wrote: »
    Easy to put weight on when get comfortable in a relationship as stop exercising as much and eating more rubbish when stay in etc. Plus tend to have bigger portions but where as he can get away with it I can't!

Granted your pic is just a face pic, but I think you look fine.
  • lau_rolypoly2holymoly
    I do try to eat smaller portions but generally when serve up half it to be fair lol! A year ago was super fit. Had come back from a weeks residential bootcamp, entering lots of runs-started with 5ks then built up to 10 miles then suddenly just stopped and lost interest and been piling on the weight ever since! I've started going to the gym in last couple of weeks but food is my weakness! And face pics are always flattering lol as don't see the rolls or the flab haha!
  • vadersaysno
    laurief86 wrote: »
    I do try to eat smaller portions but generally when serve up half it to be fair lol! A year ago was super fit. Had come back from a weeks residential bootcamp, entering lots of runs-started with 5ks then built up to 10 miles then suddenly just stopped and lost interest and been piling on the weight ever since! I've started going to the gym in last couple of weeks but food is my weakness! And face pics are always flattering lol as don't see the rolls or the flab haha!

Not necessarily- pics of an ex of mine, you could see how fat her face was...and a roll in her chin!
  • sampanzee75
    sampanzee75 Posts: 86 Member
    OP, I get exactly what you mean. When you get in a relationship and become comfortable and happy in it, people have said that the pounds start adding up. Right now my boyfriend and I have been going to the gym together and making more of an effort to eat healthy. Trying to make a turn around.

I'm always looking for new MFP friends. The more motivation and encouragement, the better ☺️

Let's do this!!!
  • lau_rolypoly2holymoly
    YES!!!! Let's get on it
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Sampanzee75 & Laurie86, totally understand where you're both coming from, although I can't blame my boyfriend as such, as i'm the one stuffing the food in my face, it is so easy when settled into a relationship to let everything slide, and the portion sizes do just end up being split in half at mealtimes! Please feel free to add me, could do with some new pals. :)
  • lau_rolypoly2holymoly
    I know I should have more self control lol but easily swayed by temptation!! I've sent you a request
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    hard angle here: you are to blame for your unfitness. no one else. and only you can fix it.
    it is great to have support from loved ones but in the end, you make the decisions of what to put in your body and how to exercise.

go get yourself some fitness. :smiley: you can do it :sunglasses: you will be happier in the end <3
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    I have a habit (which I want to break for good) of gaining weight when I am happy in my relationships. I seem to exist in a happy fog for a few years and then wake up and bam.. get a huge fright at how much I have gained. I dish up the same portions as him (he is 6'3) and can put them away easily.

I let it happen before when I was married in my twenties and I am super annoyed that I have let it happen again - worse this time. I seem to have no problem keeping it off when I am single and lonely... ah well.

I am doing this for me, not to be anybodies trophy and not because he wants or he needs me to. I had to do some thinking around why my weight seemed to be tied into the expectations of others (as in "he loves me now, I no longer need to try as hard, that means I should get fat to test him").