Meal ideas please

ddavies8998
ddavies8998 Posts: 6 Member
I feel like I'm eating the same meals all the time. Can anyone share any meal ideas with me please

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    My diary is open if you want some ideas, but I tend to eat a lot of the same things.
  • jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    I feel like I'm eating the same meals all the time. Can anyone share any meal ideas with me please

likes, dislikes?
  • sineadt84
    sineadt84 Posts: 51 Member
    What type of stuff do you eat? BBC Good Food is a great site for recipes
  • ddavies8998
    I will try anything once, more or less eat anything so I'm open to suggestions.
  • ddavies8998
    sineadt84 wrote: »
    What type of stuff do you eat? BBC Good Food is a great site for recipes

Thank you
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    it would help if you made your diary public so we could get a basic idea of what you already eat, and what else you could do with those ingredients, perhaps?

i really like this recipe i tweaked from one my mom used to make:
    1/3c plain 0% greek yogurt
    1/4c salsa
    1/4c shredded cheese

layer them in that order on a plate (you can add cooked ground meat to the salsa if you want), then dip nacho chips or veggies in it.
  • jacklfc88
    I will try anything once, more or less eat anything so I'm open to suggestions.

cool. jamie's chicken tikka salad is a winner, try that. only link i could find below:

http://cookingwithkath.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/jamies-chicken-tikka-lentil-spinach-and.html
  • ddavies8998
    bulbadoof wrote: »
    it would help if you made your diary public so we could get a basic idea of what you already eat, and what else you could do with those ingredients, perhaps?

i really like this recipe i tweaked from one my mom used to make:
    1/3c plain 0% greek yogurt
    1/4c salsa
    1/4c shredded cheese

layer them in that order on a plate (you can add cooked ground meat to the salsa if you want), then dip nacho chips or veggies in it.

Thanks. I've made my diary public now! Would you mind if I added you?
  • jacklfc88
    edited June 2015
    happy to share good recipes. i'd recommend, if you're on instagram, having a look at joe wicks, thebodycoach, for some really smart recipes too!
  • ddavies8998
    jacklfc88 wrote: »
    happy to share good recipes. i'd recommend, if you're on instagram, having a look at joe wicks, thebodycoach, for some really smart recipes too!

Thanks for your help!
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    My new FAV is,
    diced chicken sauted in a Garlic, Siracha, soya sauce, touch of sweetner and water sauce) then you mix in your
    Zuchini noodles ( ie zuchini spiraled into noodles .. i use a veghetti ) for 3 min tops and sprinkle with seseme seeds.

• DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    My go-to breakfast: Scramble 2 egg whites plus one whole egg with a big ol' handful of spinach.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Two of my favorite main dishes right now are roasted tomatoes stuffed with eggs and open face hummus sandwiches.

For the tomatoes, hollow out a tomato (I usually make two per person) and roast it at 400 for 15 mins. Remove from oven and crack an egg into it. Add any additional items desired (I've put in diced ham, onion, spinach, basil... whatever I have that sounds good or needs to be used up) and return to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until the egg is cooked. Top with cheese, if desired, and put under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly (about 5 mins). Season with salt & pepper.

For the hummus sandwiches, take an English muffin, bagel, or piece of bread and spread a thick layer of hummus on it. Top with spinach and thinly sliced onions. Top that with a slice of cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly, and the sandwich has warmed through.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    msudaisy28 wrote: »
    Two of my favorite main dishes right now are roasted tomatoes stuffed with eggs and open face hummus sandwiches.

For the tomatoes, hollow out a tomato (I usually make two per person) and roast it at 400 for 15 mins. Remove from oven and crack an egg into it. Add any additional items desired (I've put in diced ham, onion, spinach, basil... whatever I have that sounds good or needs to be used up) and return to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until the egg is cooked. Top with cheese, if desired, and put under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly (about 5 mins). Season with salt & pepper.

For the hummus sandwiches, take an English muffin, bagel, or piece of bread and spread a thick layer of hummus on it. Top with spinach and thinly sliced onions. Top that with a slice of cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly, and the sandwich has warmed through.

These sound great; especially the tomato! I may have to change my dinner plans tonight . . .

Thank you!
  • ddavies8998
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I will be giving them all a go
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    My favorite breakfast is 1/4 cup dry old-fashioned oats mixed with a cup of blueberries (fresh or thawed) and a 5oz container greek yogurt. Tonight's dinner is a beef roast I put in the crockpot with mushrooms and a bay leaf, some green beans, and corn on the cob.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    skinnytaste.com
    pinterest
    cookinglight.com
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Pinterest and Allrecipes are good sources.